Rejected Abyssal Ocean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there! I'm MaskedForGas and this is my first build on ManaCube so I wanted to do something as challenging as possible. This may not be an insane map if it didn't have one key feature, the map is mainly barrier jumps, with the exception of map design features. The map was inspired by the minecraft version of the deathrun mini-game, that the "theHive minecraft server" host. One portion of their maps may include an barrier run with the only clue to where the path is as sea lanterns or glowstone down below. In this case I used sea lanterns, dark prismarine blocks and nether bricks, one with each meaning to them listed at the beginning of the map. All jumps are possible, the only issue is finding the jumps.

Plot: /plot v MaskedForGas 1
Difficulty - Insane
Jumps: ~50
CPs: 5

2021-02-11_23.35.30.png 2021-02-11_23.36.09.png 2021-02-11_23.35.46.png

Features:

• Mainly made up of barriers. (Rage inducing)
  • 3 block indicator system, Sea lanterns: No height change, Nether Brick: Negative height change, Dark prismarine: Height changes up by one block.
  • 2 five-block jumps (That are also one block down).

P.S. the water surrounding the map was cut down to size for realistic use after the screenshots were taken.

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
There is no real build, try putting the parkour around one main build next time

Ratings
I am not a mapper but bild haves 50 jumps an insane map needs atleast 100 jumps and yes as he said there is no build and the barrier jumps are pretty annoying and there says 5 block jump !!!!!!!!! That is a insane jump and there is no mumentum . My english is pretty bad tbh

Elly_x

Forum God
ELITE
Elly_x
Elly_x
ELITE
Ratings
557 20
Hello MaskedForGas,

I regret to inform you that your map is REJECTED.

The THEME of your map is unoriginal, as we already have maps based around [theme] (Ships, WatchMaker, OceanWaves). Before creating a parkour please make sure to check out this template here to see all the maps accepted on the server!

The BUILD of your map is a problem. The build is plain with most of the added items are small and bare. Next time try considering enlarging and creating one main build with lots of depth and detail.

The PARKOUR fits the length and difficulty of a easy map, so good job on that! The barriers are unmarked making the parkour not enjoyable. Your parkour is lacking variance, only thing that is incorporated are barriers. To add more variance, try adding more jumps with unique blocks like pots, water, heads, vines, etc.

Thank you for taking the time to create a map, I hope to see more submissions from you in the future.
If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me on discord at Elly#5555
Elly

Status
Not open for further replies.