Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Hello Smxthie and Arvk!

I am here to give you my review of the map. Please remember that I am not a Map Judge and my opinion does not affect whether the map gets accepted or not. That being said, if the Map Judges disagree with my opinions, they will go by their own thoughts!

Firstly the THEME of your map. As there are no other maps related to the world's wonder Babylon's garden, this is an original map submission in my eyes. Good work on having an original theme!

Secondly the BUILD of your map. After looking at a few reference pictures, I think you managed to capture the garden's appearance quite nicely! There's a great amount of detail, and it's very evident that a lot of work went into the build. You have even built the interior to be detailed, great work on your build!

Lastly the PARKOUR of your map. I found it to be pretty enjoyable. Your map had great variation in the Parkour, which made it not be boring at any part. (even if there were a lot of neos lul) The map's difficulty mostly fit Medium to me, with a few jumps I would probably tweak a little bit, and it has an appropriate length and checkpoint amount to it! The only thing that I would have liked was having interior parkour, as right now it is completely exterior based. Great work on the Parkour!

There is a really good shortcut that you should patch at some point :)

2020-12-15_13.38.27.png
2020-12-15_13.38.33.png

It's a +1 from me :) Good luck!

Additional extra note:
I found another shortcut, + you might want to prevent the players from getting in the interior of the build, as there's still some parts of the old parkour in there, like signs and barriers :)
2020-12-15_14.53.31.png

Last edited:

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
Looks good :D

Smxthie

Forum Expert
ELITE
smxthie
smxthie
ELITE
Ratings
604 49
Hello Smxthie and Arvk!

I am here to give you my review of the map. Please remember that I am not a Map Judge and my opinion does not affect whether the map gets accepted or not. That being said, if the Map Judges disagree with my opinions, they will go by their own thoughts!

Firstly the THEME of your map. As there are no other maps related to the world's wonder Babylon's garden, this is an original map submission in my eyes. Good work on having an original theme!

Secondly the BUILD of your map. After looking at a few reference pictures, I think you managed to capture the garden's appearance quite nicely! There's a great amount of detail, and it's very evident that a lot of work went into the build. You have even built the interior to be detailed, great work on your build!

Lastly the PARKOUR of your map. I found it to be pretty enjoyable. Your map had great variation in the Parkour, which made it not be boring at any part. (even if there were a lot of neos lul) The map's difficulty mostly fit Medium to me, with a few jumps I would probably tweak a little bit, and it has an appropriate length and checkpoint amount to it! The only thing that I would have liked was having interior parkour, as right now it is completely exterior based. Great work on the Parkour!

There is a really good shortcut that you should patch at some point :)

View attachment 40886 View attachment 40887

It's a +1 from me :) Good luck!

Additional extra note:
I found another shortcut, + you might want to prevent the players from getting in the interior of the build, as there's still some parts of the old parkour in there, like signs and barriers :)
View attachment 40888
Those skips should be all gone now! thank you very much for showing me them!

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
Hello,

Your map has moved on to the ONGOING stage. This means that I have given your map an initial review and will be putting it up for opinions from the rest of the map judge team. You should hear a response in the coming days, but remember to be patient as this is a process.

Have a great day!

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
Hello,

After reviewing your Map Submission with the rest of the Map Judge team, I am happy to tell you that your map has been ACCEPTED. Here is my input:

Theme: The theme is original as we do not have any Babylon/Hanging Gardens of Babylon-themed maps. I like the trend you're going for with the Ancient Wonders of the World, very cool!
Build: The build was very nice (as to be expected by both of you). It had good detailing and was accurate to the theme - great job!
Parkour: The parkour was fun and fitting for the MEDIUM difficulty. It blended into the build well and after you addressed the skips mentioned above, I couldn't find any issues with it.

Congrats on having your map accepted! I hope to see more submissions from you in the future, and have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.