KiKiKornflake
VIP+
Ratings
66 10
Username: KiKi_Vanilla
Map Name: Britain
Map Builders: KiKi_Vanilla and Dr_Milkshake

Plot Location: (map maker world) /plot v KiKi_Vanilla
Plot Difficulty: hard (194 jumps, but they are not too difficult)
Number of Jumps: 194

Short Summary: throughout the course you explore the famous landmarks of each different country of Great Britain: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Screenshots:
2020-04-29_20.50.25.png
2020-04-29_20.50.42.png
2020-04-29_20.51.26.png
2020-04-29_20.52.10.png
2020-04-29_20.52.37.png
2020-04-29_20.52.52.png
2020-04-29_20.53.05.png
2020-04-29_20.53.33.png
2020-04-29_20.54.13.png
2020-04-29_20.54.37.png

Last edited:

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
First of all, welcome back to Parkour! Unfortunately since you've been gone a number of criteria have changed in terms of the map making process. Primarily, maps should have one or two central builds - a number of smaller floating builds is not ideal. This contributes to floating parkour, especially to get from one island to the next, which is also undesirable and considered messy. The other issue is the amount of jumps; although there is no exact number most Hard maps should have around 50-70 jumps. 200 jumps is generally far too long, even for an Insane map. I'd suggest making much shorter courses with harder jumps, as opposed to a very large amount of easier jumps contributing to the Hard difficulty.

Either way, again glad to see both of you back making maps again. Good luck!

Presidenten

Forum Master
ELITE
Hampifant
Hampifant
ELITE
Ratings
521 13
Pretty original theme, maps like big ben and ferris wheel exists but there is no map about britian.
Build is fine, it represents the theme nicely but as Tas said, you should keep everything on the same island instead of spreading it out.
Parkour is bad, I guess you stick to the old style but that one isn't acceptable anymore. Now parkour needs to have variation, not float too much and not be too long (as tas said too).

The map has potential but you should move every build to the same island, and remake the parkour. Good luck!

KiKi_Vanilla

Dedicated Member
VIP+
KiKiKornflake
KiKiKornflake
VIP+
Ratings
66 10
First of all, welcome back to Parkour! Unfortunately since you've been gone a number of criteria have changed in terms of the map making process. Primarily, maps should have one or two central builds - a number of smaller floating builds is not ideal. This contributes to floating parkour, especially to get from one island to the next, which is also undesirable and considered messy. The other issue is the amount of jumps; although there is no exact number most Hard maps should have around 50-70 jumps. 200 jumps is generally far too long, even for an Insane map. I'd suggest making much shorter courses with harder jumps, as opposed to a very large amount of easier jumps contributing to the Hard difficulty.

Either way, again glad to see both of you back making maps again. Good luck!
Pretty original theme, maps like big ben and ferris wheel exists but there is no map about britian.
Build is fine, it represents the theme nicely but as Tas said, you should keep everything on the same island instead of spreading it out.
Parkour is bad, I guess you stick to the old style but that one isn't acceptable anymore. Now parkour needs to have variation, not float too much and not be too long (as tas said too).

The map has potential but you should move every build to the same island, and remake the parkour. Good luck!
Thank you both for your very helpful replies, it is true that I haven't been on parkour for a few years due to school, so I was not aware of the recent criteria. I try my best to update the parkour into the new acceptable style and then I will resubmit it.
Thanks very much,
- KiKi

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Hey there, from first glance your build does seem quite interesting things, I can definitely see the Britain parkour theme in there at some places, before going ahead this is not a map grading and is only my personal opinion and some criticism if necessary at parts, please take my information lightly or with open arms, I'm only here to help and want the best for your map submission.

Originality ~ Sadly the floating islands type idea is very commonly used in map submission and is probably the opposite of an original build, the floating islands just seem out of place and have been used on so many parkour maps I can barely even count. As Tazzy said your build/primarily builds should have only 1-2 central areas and a tonne of small parkour islands just seems messy and out of place from my personal experience.

Some side info ~ I often found myself getting lost in the parkour, the transitions from one island to the next seemed a little messy and I continuously found myself getting lost throughout my playtime on your parkour map, not sure if it's just me being oblivious or others experiencing this issue.

Length ~ You did state that your parkour jumps were quite simple but 190, (almost 200 jumps) from my perspective is a little too much even if the jumps are easier than usual, it just seems a little stretched and not necessary for a parkour map, just my personal opinion.

Anyhow, best of luck on your map! :)

KiKi_Vanilla

Dedicated Member
VIP+
KiKiKornflake
KiKiKornflake
VIP+
Ratings
66 10
Hey there, from first glance your build does seem quite interesting things, I can definitely see the Britain parkour theme in there at some places, before going ahead this is not a map grading and is only my personal opinion and some criticism if necessary at parts, please take my information lightly or with open arms, I'm only here to help and want the best for your map submission.

Originality ~ Sadly the floating islands type idea is very commonly used in map submission and is probably the opposite of an original build, the floating islands just seem out of place and have been used on so many parkour maps I can barely even count. As Tazzy said your build/primarily builds should have only 1-2 central areas and a tonne of small parkour islands just seems messy and out of place from my personal experience.

Some side info ~ I often found myself getting lost in the parkour, the transitions from one island to the next seemed a little messy and I continuously found myself getting lost throughout my playtime on your parkour map, not sure if it's just me being oblivious or others experiencing this issue.

Length ~ You did state that your parkour jumps were quite simple but 190, (almost 200 jumps) from my perspective is a little too much even if the jumps are easier than usual, it just seems a little stretched and not necessary for a parkour map, just my personal opinion.

Anyhow, best of luck on your map! :)
Thanks for your response, I'm very open to criticism, I find it very useful and informative!
- KiKi [Mapper]

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello KiKi_Vanilla,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is original, as we don't have any specific Britain, so good job on that!
The build is accurate to what you were going for, so good job on that! However, a majority of the builds are scattered, which makes it look kinda messy. The first structure does look great, however!
The parkour is the main concern, because as mentioned above, 194 jumps is WAY too long for the hard difficulty, and it is even a bit long for an insane map. The parkour is also quite repetitive throughout; so try to incorporate different jump styles throughout your entire map!

Thank you for submitting your map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.