Rejected Burning Up- Medium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Parkour map: Burning Up
Difficulty: Medium
Jumps: 50
/plot v Balla_Shotcalla

This map features indoor and outdoor sections, with the player's goal to reach the roof. They will traverse around and up the building, working to avoid the burning flames!
2020-12-03_14.35.29.png
2020-12-03_14.35.36.png
2020-12-03_14.35.44.png
2020-12-03_14.35.50.png
2020-12-03_14.36.32.png
2020-12-03_14.36.40.png
2020-12-03_14.36.54.png
2020-12-03_14.37.18.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Nathanpls

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Ratings
460 21
Awesome build! Good luck! :)

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Hello Balla_Shotcalla!

I am here to give you my review of the map. Please remember that I am not a Map Judge and my opinion does not affect whether the map gets accepted or not. If the Map Judges disagree with what I think they will go by their own view!

Firstly the THEME of your map. Maps related to buildings are quite overdone, but I have to say that this feels like an original map submission. I don't think there are maps similar to this, where you're trying to escape from a burning building. Good work!

Secondly the BUILD of your map. I think it's splendid! The building has a nice shape to it and the leaves are a great additional touch! No complaints with the build, well done on it!

Lastly the PARKOUR of your map. It was enjoyable to play through! There is nice variation in the parkour that made it fun at every part, and it never got boring for me. The map's length and difficulty of the jumps fit the Medium difficulty, with a few parts I would nerf, but it's good the way it is now, way better than some other maps! The parkour also has mostly great block choices, that properly fit the aesthetic appearance of the map, and don't make the parkour too complex and messy! Good job!

To me, you have nailed this map! Well done! +1 from me. (Remember that if a Map Judge disagrees with me, they will go by their will! I am also not 100% sure of the theme's originality, but I think it's fine!)

Here are the jumps I would nerf! :) Good luck with the submission!

2020-12-07_19.13.24.png

2020-12-07_19.13.16.png

Ratings
Hello Balla_Shotcalla!

I am here to give you my review of the map. Please remember that I am not a Map Judge and my opinion does not affect whether the map gets accepted or not. If the Map Judges disagree with what I think they will go by their own view!

Firstly the THEME of your map. Maps related to buildings are quite overdone, but I have to say that this feels like an original map submission. I don't think there are maps similar to this, where you're trying to escape from a burning building. Good work!

Secondly the BUILD of your map. I think it's splendid! The building has a nice shape to it and the leaves are a great additional touch! No complaints with the build, well done on it!

Lastly the PARKOUR of your map. It was enjoyable to play through! There is nice variation in the parkour that made it fun at every part, and it never got boring for me. The map's length and difficulty of the jumps fit the Medium difficulty, with a few parts I would nerf, but it's good the way it is now, way better than some other maps! The parkour also has mostly great block choices, that properly fit the aesthetic appearance of the map, and don't make the parkour too complex and messy! Good job!

To me, you have nailed this map! Well done! +1 from me. (Remember that if a Map Judge disagrees with me, they will go by their will! I am also not 100% sure of the theme's originality, but I think it's fine!)

Here are the jumps I would nerf! :) Good luck with the submission!

View attachment 40446
View attachment 40447
Thanks GamersDecision! I went ahead and nerfed the jumps you mentioned. See the screenshots for how I changed it to be a little easier at those parts. If you'd like to check 'em out feel free to stop by again!
2020-12-07_13.13.10.png
2020-12-07_13.13.25.png

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello Balla_Shotcalla,

I am sorry to tell you this map is being rejected. The theme is not very original, as it is very aesthetically similar to FireDepartment (especially the block palette used). The build is okay, a brick building like this doesn't really have a lot of texture but it still feels a bit plain to me overall, minus the fire and such.

The parkour I found to be not mixed the greatest. There were some moments where it was enjoyable, but it felt a bit boring in some places throughout. I also found the path through the build to be pretty strange, and there are some skips in places (not sure what the minecart is for in the one room). The main problem with the map is the build and theme though, as there is already a very aesthetically similar map.

Thanks for submitting this map! If you have questions, feel free to message me on Discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.