1.1:
Responded to criticism
  • Parkour skip fixed
  • Added more directional signs
  • Moved build according to lowest allowed build point
  • Rotated map (X facing)
  • Added Jump and Run section onto table
1.2: User Experience
  • Added Secret (including mini Jump and Run)

Last edited:

Nathanpls

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Ratings
460 21
Hello ClaudioChief & toxicfrisco

I am no map judge so these are just personal / infomation about your build, parkour and theme!

The THEME is unfortunately unoriginal since we already have (Chess and ChessPK). When making a parkour make sure your theme is not already taken. You can check the map list here: https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/

The PARKOUR was annoying and very difficult to navigate at times. There's a lack of flow and directional signs to indicate the next part to go to. There's a part on the opposite side of the chess board that players can SKIP by running along the board edge and skip 80% of the map. https://prntscr.com/yyuebl

The BUILD is accurate of what you were aiming for. That being said the board game and pieces looks a little bit plain. The board was more interresting than the actual game to me. Another ting is that your map is the wrong facing. Currently is Z facing when Expert maps are X facing. Also your build is far under the block limit which is maximum 35 blocks down from the start.

Anyways hope you have a nice day!

- Tiger

chosm

Dedicated Member
ELITE
chosm
chosm
ELITE
Ratings
116 7
I agree with Tiger. Although this build was very impressive, there are already two chess themed maps. Good luck though!

Elly_x

Forum God
ELITE
Elly_x
Elly_x
ELITE
Ratings
557 20
Hello ClaudioChief and toxicfrisco,

I regret to inform you that your map is REJECTED.

The THEME of your map is unoriginal, as we already have maps based around chess (Chess, ChessPk). Before creating a parkour please make sure to check out this template here to see all the maps accepted on the server!

The BUILD of your map is a problem. The table is accurate with nice accents on the legs. The chess board itself is not that accurate to chest pieces and is very plain. Next time try reshaping the pieces and adding block texture.

The PARKOUR fits the length and difficulty of a expert map, so good job on that! The parkour was hard to navigate, try adding directional signs to help with this. You have some variance to your parkour but is repetitive with slabs, iron fences, and ladders. Try adding more variance and a better flow to your map's path.

Thank you for taking the time to create a map, I hope to see more submissions from you in the future.
If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me on discord at Elly#5555
Elly

Status
Not open for further replies.