Community, I need your help! (FINISHED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billybo10000

Forum Master
Donator
Ratings
169 8
Minevast community, as you know, I, Billy (Pokezelda), tend to moderate the majority of the parkour map submissions that we get daily. And I have had an idea that may be interesting to see.

My process for judging maps goes through three stages.

Stage 1 - Judging the forum post (Have you followed all the guidelines, provided relevant information, etc)
Stage 2 - The Quick Runthrough (I play through the map once to get a good feel for each map and to figure out whether it needs to be reviewed in more detail or instantly rejected).

Now stage 3 is where things get interesting. You see, Stage 3 is the "Reviewing Stage." I will place a map into reviewing, therefore meaning I have looked at it, I have played it, but I also need the opinions of others, as well as taking a closer look to test for bugs or glitches that I may not have found in my first run.

This is where you come in.

I have 14 courses in reviewing currently, and I need to narrow it down to just 6, which will be accepted. And I need the opinions of, not just my fellow staff, but of you, the Minevast community. So, I am placing the thirteen courses into groups of 2 and three.

I want you to play the courses from each group and vote for your favourite courses from each group. This will show me which maps you all would like to see, and will give the community more of a chance to voice their opinions.

So, the groups are -

Group 1)
(Hard) Icicle Parkour - /warp IcicleParkour
(Medium) Pumpkin Parkour - /warp LWCPK

Group 2)
(Hard) Gaming Room - /warp GamingRoom (Removed by Happyheart)

(Insane) Madoka Magica - /warp MadokaMagica (WINNER - Happyheart requested this to win)

Group 3)
(Insane) Diamond Armor/Tools - /warp Tools
(Expert) Minecart and Rail - /warp MinecartPK
(Insane) The Lamp - /warp thelamp
(Easy) Minecart Parkour - /warp MinecartJump

Group 4)
(Easy) Marine Parkour - /warp Marine
(Easy) Over the Rainbow - /warp Rainbow

Group 5)
(Easy) Train Station - /warp ILikeTrains
(Easy) Greek/Roman - /warp GreekRoman

Group 6)
(Medium) Piston Parkour - /warp Piston
(Hard) Mario Kart - /warp MarioKartParkour

NOTE - NO VOTING FOR YOUR OWN MAPS!

Group 3 has four maps due to the incredibly similar themes (And Diamond Armor because it's an Insane).

So get playing and get voting to help me out! Because only six of these parkours will be accepted, and you'll have a big part to play in that.

Keep in mind that despite your votes, I may pick another course if circumstances arise, so please remember that.

To vote for a course, merely reply to the thread with the course names and their group I have placed them in. Have fun parkouring and keep up the good work.

You can use those warps on creative to find each parkour!

Last edited:

RobotzMan

Ratings
Group 1: Pumpkin Parkour
Group 2: Gaming Room
Group 3: The Lamp
Group 4: Marine Parkour
Group 5: Greek/Roman
Group 6: Piston Parkour

Nixi

Dedicated Member
Mapper
Ratings
62 3
Group 1. Pumpkin
Group 2. Madoka Magica
Group 3. The Lamp
Group 4. Over the Rainbow
Group 5. Greek/Roman
Group 6. No vote

I changed my votes on Group 3 and 6, because they are my own maps!
You cannot vote for your own maps.

Last edited:

Mahalouker

Donator
Ratings
Group 1) Pumpkin
Group 2) Gaming Room
Group 3) N/A
Group 4) Over The Rainbow
Group 5) Greek/Roman
Group 6) Piston Parkour

Last edited:

RobotzMan

Ratings
Group 1. Pumpkin
Group 2. Madoka Magica
Group 3. Minecart Parkour
Group 4. Over the Rainbow
Group 5. Greek/Roman
Group 6. Piston Parkour
You Cannot Vote For Your Parkour
[DOUBLEPOST=1439482945][/DOUBLEPOST]The Lamp Parkour, Doesn't Have Any Block Shading, Keep That In Mind!
[DOUBLEPOST=1439483109,1439482807][/DOUBLEPOST]
Group 1) Pumpkin
Group 2) Gaming Room
Group 3) The Lamp
Group 4) Over The Rainbow
Group 5) Greek/Roman
Group 6) Piston Parkour
You Can't Vote For You Own Map
[DOUBLEPOST=1439483141][/DOUBLEPOST]Why Do I keep Double Posting?

happyheart

YouTuber
YouTuber
Ratings
45 11
Group 1) Pumpkin
Group 2) None
Group 3) The Lamp
Group 4) Marine Parkour
Group 5) Greek/Roman
Group 6) Piston Parkour

The_Jazzy_Man

Dedicated Member
Ratings
I like the idea, but instead of putting it in groups, you should have it be a vote with ALL of the reviewing maps combined. You could vote for 3 maps. It would be in an order like this.
1. gets 3 points.
2. gets 2 points.
3. gets 1 point.

Mahalouker

Donator
Ratings
I like the idea, but instead of putting it in groups, you should have it be a vote with ALL of the reviewing maps combined. You could vote for 3 maps. It would be in an order like this.
1. gets 3 points.
2. gets 2 points.
3. gets 1 point.
I think it is not currently done like this, because two very similar maps could get accepted.

The_Jazzy_Man

Dedicated Member
Ratings
I think it is not currently done like this, because two very similar maps could get accepted.
That is a good point, however, usually @Billybo10000 doesn't pick 2 maps with similar themes and choose the best out of that theme.

I brought up the point in my first post as there are some amazing maps on this list like The Lamp, Greek/Roman, and Minecart/rail. But there comes the issue. You have to choose between the lamp and minecart/rail. The lamp edges over, but minecart/rail is still an incredibly good map! Why would I want to choose between the two maps when I can just vote for The lamp as 1. and Minecart/rail as 2. that way I can support them both.

Last edited:

Billybo10000

Forum Master
Donator
Ratings
169 8
That is a good point, however, usually @Billybo10000 doesn't pick 2 maps with similar themes and choose the best out of that theme.

I brought up the point in my first post as there are some amazing maps on this list like The Lamp, Greek/Roman, and Minecart/rail. But there comes the issue. You have to choose between the lamp and minecart/rail. The lamp edges over, but minecart/rail is still an incredibly good map! Why would I want to choose between the two maps when I can just vote for The lamp as 1. and Minecart/rail as 2. that way I can support them both.
I actually have my reasons behind placing these maps into groups, rather than allowing a simple vote.

Firstly, we have themes. Many maps that are reviewed each day have incredibly similar themes and designs. To keep up the variety, if more than one map has a similar theme and they both are good, I will set them to reviewing and go through a meticulous process of picking one over the other.

Why not accept both? Because I want variety and I want to give everybody a chance to shine.

That brings me to my second point, the creators. Many of the players who submit these maps have already had accepted maps on the server. Happyheart, Pud, Jazzy_Man, myself, Swiftlee, etc.

It gets to a point where I honestly don't want to accept any more of your maps because it doesn't give any other players a chance to shine. I want to see some new map makers and give them a chance, hence the pairing of group 1, as well as pitting various maps against each other. Players who don't have a map on the server have a lot more to lose than someone who already has accepted maps in the wings.

This also does not help when I can only accept a limited amount of maps, and due to the vast amount of maps by map makers already established, it gives the newer players literally no chances to show their stuff. I appreciate that some of you literally only make maps all day, but I have to give a chance to the newer builders.

You may think, "Oh well, pick the very best maps." But then, if I did that, I'd be stuck with the same maps with the same creators over and over.

I wanted to give the community a chance to help me narrow down this decisions, since these groupings were how I was deciding which maps would be accepted anyway.

I already knew that in group 3, I would only accept one of those maps, due to the similar themes BEFORE I had the idea to create this thread.

And you must also keep in mind, this is the first time I have ever allowed the community to really help out with the map making process. It's a test to see what works and what doesn't. And the sad thing is... I can't accept a lot of maps anymore. It takes Dacon 3 hours of hard work just to get a few maps on the server, but nobody seems to realize this.

I have to limit myself, otherwise we'll be overflowed with accepted maps once more and then there will be an even bigger delay in adding them. If you do not like my system, then fine, that's an opinion, but it is here for a reason.

~ Billy

Status
Not open for further replies.