Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Hello Jsmes, Des and Matt!

I am here to give you my review of the map. Please remember that I am not a Map Judge and that my opinion does not affect whether the map gets accepted or rejected, I'm just trying to give advice and comments that I think could benefit your map and your Manacube map making skills. If a Map Judge disagrees with my opinion, they won't take it into account and will go by what they think!

Firstly the THEME of your map. I went through the parkour list and even tried to join map names, but aside for a Dropper named Darts there are no other maps related to darts or a dartboard especially! The theme of your map is original in my eyes, good work!

Secondly the BUILD of your map. I'm a fan of it! It definitely looks like a dart board and has lots of nice details to be seen. The only issue is that it is a little flat and the backside is quite bland, but there isn't much you can do about that. Good work on the build as well!

Lastly the PARKOUR of your map. This is the biggest downfall of your map to me. The parkour is not enjoyable at all. A lot of the jumps are extremely annoying to do, and don't fit an Expert map. Overall the Parkour feels more like an easier Insane with annoying jumps that aren't fun to do, but lengthwise the map is good! A lot of it is head hit timings and hugging the walls of the dart board which is understandable, but not enjoyable to play through. I would recommend you to entirely redo the parkour and try again, but it is up to you! There were a couple of fun parts in the mix that I found were very smooth and enjoyable though, so it's not a complete flop to me! (Also fix the facing of the map. It's Z facing right now :) )

Right now I'm giving the map a -0.5. Good build and theme, you can definitely work on the parkour! Again REMEMBER, I am not always right and what I think is good is not always good in everyone's eyes! Map Judges might think this map is a masterpiece and accept it without hesitation :D

Good luck :)

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hi Jsmes, Des, and Matt,

I will be putting this map into Ongoing. This means your map has undergone a primary review by a map judge, and is ready to be discussed among the map judging team. Please be patient with us during this process, as it can take a couple of days before we reach a final decision on your map!

If you have questions in the meantime, feel free to message me on Discord.

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hi Jsmes, Des, and Matt,

I am sorry to tell you this map is being rejected. The theme is original, while there is a darts dropper, there isn't a dart board parkour map yet, so good job on that! The build however is not the greatest. While the dartboard itself looks fine, it looks fairly reminiscent of pixel art. I also feel like there aren't a lot of darts involved with the build (a standard dart board has ten darts). The darts themselves look okay but perhaps a little odd. The back of the build is a large point of concern. The parkour is not blended into the build at all on the back. A wall of some kind would help with fixing this (since a dart board is almost always on a wall).

The parkour was mixed and somewhat varied, but overall really unfun to play. The checkpoint distribution was especially strange with the second cp being really long compared to other ones. The interior parkour felt very forced and made the path really weird with how thin the build is. If you decide to resubmit, the judges would like to see an increase in the number of darts on the build, addition of a wall or other structure behind the build, and parkour that is varied a bit more, more even checkpoint placement, a better path and is better blended into the build.

Thanks for submitting this map! If you have questions, feel free to message me on Discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.