Dedicated Member
ELITE
Juandacun
Juandacun
ELITE
Ratings
79 9
“If we are both going crazy, then we will go crazy together.”

Creators: Juan, more like BoobGaming (main idea, builder and parkour maker), Jsmes (parkour maker and main idea) and Xniper03 (parkour maker)

Map name: Demogorgon

/plot v Jsmes 4
Difficulty: Insane
Jumps: ~120, 13 checkpoints

Udun

Forum God
ELITE
Udun_
Udun_
ELITE
Ratings
887 35
Absolutely fantastic. +763528832577842367356738526352687

guyseth

Dedicated Member
PATRON
guyseth
guyseth
Patron
Ratings
108 3
found a skip plz fix, you can go to the right around the glass panes
demogorgon skip 1.png

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Hello Juan, James, and Xniper!

I've done an initial review of your map, and it's now marked as Ongoing. This means that the map judge team will be discussing your map and whether to accept it as an official map. This can take a bit of time, so please, be patient with us. Thank you!​

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Hello again!

Your map is now under review. While the map certainly has a lot of potential, there are a few things that hold it back.

The build is great. It's well-shaped, accurate to the character, and has generally good block variation, albeit a bit random.
The theme is original, as we only have one other map themed around Stranger Things, which is Byers (a "house" map by Presidenten).
The parkour is where most of the issues lie. Even after speaking with you to fix some extremely confusing or difficult parts, the map still has many flaws in terms of difficulty, direction, and consistency, which I will list below.

- Some more direction might be good here. I was able to figure it out, but it's not exactly straightforward. - This jump (from the slab, through the gap, onto the fences) should probably be nerfed. I gave it a solid 100+ tries with no success.
- This ladder-to-brewing-stand jump looks like it should be possible, but neither I nor any of the judges were able to get it even once. Most definitely needs to be nerfed.
- This sign can just be removed; the jump isn't difficult enough to warrant directions. More confusing than helpful.
- After maybe 30 successful chains up to this point, I was still not able to get even close to nailing the ice-glass jump. Whether there's a strategy I'm missing, or the jump is just insanely difficult, I do not know. Regardless, the jump either needs a nerf or some instructions.
- This ending stretch is confusing and overly difficult. The path appears to be chest-chest-cactus-ladder-ladder-piston-ladder-end, but the chest-cactus jump is overly difficult, the ladder-ladder jump is overly difficult, and you can skip from the second chest to the second ladder (and it's far easier than doing it the intended way). This section both needs nerfing and directions.

Aside from these jumps in specific, the map is still generally a bit inconsistent with it's difficulty. Rather than having a few "breather" sections throughout a difficult parkour, Demogorgon alternates between insane-level jumps and much easier jumps seemingly at random, and very often. Fixing the above-mentioned jumps would help with this greatly, but there's likely still some work to do in balancing the map outside of them.

Thank you for submitting this map! I do think it has a lot of potential and would love to see it accepted, so please fix the issues mentioned and contact me when you've finished. You can message me on the forums or on Discord (MCBYT#2023).​

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Hello again!

I'm happy to say, your map has been accepted! You made the requested changes to the parkour.

Thanks for submitting! We'd love to see more maps from you in the future, so have fun creating them! If you have any questions, you can message me here or tag me on Discord :)

Status
Not open for further replies.