rew

Forum Master
ELITE
TigerTwist2
TigerTwist2
ELITE
Ratings
401 124
Hello guys welcome to The Daily Complainer today with rew as your host!

This server has a bug problem. All things will be broken in some amount, but Manacube is just ridiculous. The amount of broken things and the time it takes to fix said things is hilarious. These bugs have been report a ton, btw. Some examples:

Parkour flying (Applicable to maps): Late 2018-Mid 2020
A known and relatively common glitch took a year and a half to fix, even thought it was FLYING on a jump based server.
Aether /pay disable: Season 2 - Now
This is a blanket fix at best. Instead of adding a trade limit, cooldown, whatever, they just did the easiest (and one of the worse) solutions that makes more issues than it fixes for most.
Skyblock border hopping: The add date of borders being added - Late 2020 (or later, i didn't try it since)
The borders are terribly ineffective and work as well as kindly asking people not to trespass. You can also set warps at other people's islands.

KitPVP: Since KitPVP got added - Now
The whole gamemode is a mess really. Reports are flooded with kitpvp hackers that couldn't be more blatant and yet the "anticheat" picks up one person in a blue moon. Also, enjoy getting glitched in the floor every 5 seconds.

Discord Muted people literally speaking: Feb 2021 - ?
Muted people can literally speak this is a 5 sec fix

And more i can't think of or don't know of. Also make sure to not complain about any of these as it is continous disrespect.

Last edited:

Mellysz

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Mel1y
Mel1y
ELITE
Ratings
190 7
Some of the bugs might not be important but there are some major issues like Aztec crashing every 30 minutes because of the lag that alts create as well as heavy TPS drops. I asked multiple times to mods if this was reported but the response I got back was idk.

JustSoDank

Dedicated Member
ELITE
JustSoDank
JustSoDank
ELITE
Ratings
321 19
It's one thing if the bugs exist in the same season, but sometimes they will start new seasons w/o fixing things, with some of said things being pretty important to their gamemodes.

Throwback to world edit being ignored for months on skyblock when people paid like 15 dollars for it lol

And yeah ik staff probably going to respond with how the staff team does their best and there's a lot of work, and I agree there are some staff that do their best and work hard, but that still doesn't justify (in my eyes) releasing new seasons and features.

And it seems to be a recurring theme of impatiently releasing new servers or seasons. Second throwback to when they were releasing Atlas right in the middle of the Aether season which I said would result in one of the two servers being dead and would split the community. Staff obviously rushed to the defense (pretty sure they have to lol) but fast forward and Atlas is dead and the Olympus community with it. Disagree if you would like to, but many of the older players I have talked with have stopped or slowed their playing because the community is no longer what is was.

And factions season 2, OOH, that might have been one of my favorite ones of all. Who else was there for the server crashing minutes in because the chunks weren't loaded? You would think in a gamemode where the first thing you're meant to do is go out as far as possible that we would think a little beforehand about loading the chunks lol. And consistently, factions has released extremely unprepared, despite having an extremely willing playerbase to test out the gamemode. Nah, instead we expect like 3 staff members to find all of the bugs in beta. And I'm not blaming those members, they do all they can. I'm blaming the higher ups who are releasing an essentially untested gamemode season after season instead of testing the beta more extensively.

For me, the bugs really aren't the biggest issue. Sure, there are plenty of really frustrating bugs (some game breaking) that can cause issues, but that is every server at some point. What does it for me is the historic failure to focus on fixing these bugs and instead releasing a new server with 30 new plugins loaded up.

bUT mAyBE tHaTs JuSt mE

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
Can we stop trying to get the devs fired and hated on? Most of them are adults, probably working an actual job to make a living.

Mellysz

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Mel1y
Mel1y
ELITE
Ratings
190 7
Can we stop trying to get the devs fired and hated on? Most of them are adults, probably working an actual job to make a living.
Noone is hating on them and noone is trying to get them fired. It’s their job to fix bugs which can affect your gameplay and they get paid for it. Do you really wanna ignore all these major bugs and tell people to stop complaining because they are adults and have real jobs? Not to mention people pay for this.

Last edited:

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I would like to complain about the fact there is a bug that prevents muted players from creating islands on Skyblock/islands and parties/clans on survival and prisons respectively. This has been a bug for at least over a year now, and I have brought it up multiple times but to my knowledge, it still hasn't been fixed. I am running out of patience here people. I don't like how prisons was released without this bug being addressed beforehand. This isn't to HATE on the staff or the devs, but I am so sick of getting the same response "that it has been reported" or "thank you for reporting it, will pass onto the admins." I will not name anyone to respect their privacy since this isn't a thread to hate on specific people...

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
Nice addition to the thread acid, I see you take this very seriously. It's good for you to give such a necessary and important comment on this important post.
What else can I say that won't offend anyone?

FadingGeneral

MVP+
FadingGeneral
FadingGeneral
MVP+
Ratings
I think the reason for why bugs take longer to be fixed or that new seasons for gamemodes have recently come out with less features than advertised is because Dacon runs several server networks. I assume that the hired developers are not tied to only one network and have to go around and fix/make things for any network that needs it most at a current moment. I think the problem with bugs is caused by there being too little developers to manage everything on all of Dacon's servers, and it would be nice if Manacube had one developer dedicated to working solely on it.

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
Reactions exist for a reason - if you don't know what to add, then you can use them to express agreement or disagreement.
I'm making a suggestion for a "take it in" reaction

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I think the reason for why bugs take longer to be fixed or that new seasons for gamemodes have recently come out with less features than advertised is because Dacon runs several server networks. I assume that the hired developers are not tied to only one network and have to go around and fix/make things for any network that needs it most at a current moment. I think the problem with bugs is caused by there being too little developers to manage everything on all of Dacon's servers, and it would be nice if Manacube had one developer dedicated to working solely on it.
I believe that the admins also do work on the servers- I can confirm that both Boomclaw and Cullan are on Dacon's other servers since I've been on all of them before. The Manalabs website has an official list of all the staff and their roles on the Manalabs network. You can see the full list here.

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
Hey rew!

Thank you for expressing your concerns as feedback is greatly appreciated. I would like to clear up some things though,

KitPVP: Since KitPVP got added - Now
The whole gamemode is a mess really. Reports are flooded with kitpvp hackers that couldn't be more blatant and yet the "anticheat" picks up one person in a blue moon. Also, enjoy getting glitched in the floor every 5 seconds.
I understand that you're upset about this as it's really annoying. I have found it to ruin the gameplay at times too. However, the admins and devs have been made very aware that this is something that needs to be fixed/improved soon. I really hope that with the new season we will receive a good anticheat. There's nothing the rest of the team can do other than wait- I assure you that the rest of us are pushing for the implementation of an anticheat as well.

Discord Muted people literally speaking: Feb 2021 - ?
Muted people can literally speak this is a 5 sec fix
The server was fully open for a while as Dakota was getting ManaCube to be a Discord Partner server. Though I do understand why this may not be apparent to everyone else in the Discord as only staff have been informed of this.

Aether /pay disable: Season 2 - Now
This is a blanket fix at best. Instead of adding a trade limit, cooldown, whatever, they just did the easiest (and one of the worse) solutions that makes more issues than it fixes for most.
What would you suggest we do instead of this? With any type of /pay, boosting is going to occur so I'm not sure how else we can prevent this if /pay was enabled even with limits.

I'm not familiar with the Parkour fly issue and Skyblock border hopping issue so I can't respond to that with accurate information, apologies!

Thanks for the feedback!
kxe

EvanTech

SrMod | Mentoring
Senior Mod
EvanTech
EvanTech
Senior Mod
Ratings
347 38
I won’t be adding details but all I’ll say is I agree and I wish us as the staff could get a clear answer as well.
I, and I speak on behalf of the people who agree with me, wish communication was better. I’m willing to discuss.

EtherealSquid

ELITE
EtherealSquid
EtherealSquid
ELITE
Ratings
I won’t be adding details but all I’ll say is I agree and I wish us as the staff could get a clear answer as well.
I, and I speak on behalf of the people who agree with me, wish communication was better. I’m willing to discuss.

The downfall of big servers like these is always when they spread themselves too thin and effective communication ceases. I've seen it happen twice before, and though I'm both new to Mana and it'll keep a sizeable playerbase regardless, I'm seeing the warning signs already. I have no doubt the Admin/Dev team is remarkably busy and when there aren't new posts in #updates it isn't because they're just sitting on their asses. A blatant fact is that minecraft sucks, at least from a coding standpoint. In addition to managing 3 servers at once, everything they do has to be tested against the poor stability of minecraft past 1.12 and that takes a considerable amount of time. Plus, coding is never without mistakes and therefore bugs - I am a strong believer in the idea that for every bug you fix, a new one is created.

The server(s) will never be perfect nor should we expect them to be, but what we should expect is proper communication channels for them. If the Admin/Dev team has 1000 things with higher priority to fix than something like KitPVP anticheat, we should at least know that and have a vague idea of what they are. I have to agree with the comments above - my primary server is Aether, and the sheer amount of bugs that laid unresolved until just days ago (including ones that inhibited proper progression through the game) is unacceptable - and not because there we so many bugs, but rather because it seemed that nobody was aware of them until a bunch of patrons and elites made a big fuss about them in-game and in the discord channels. Something like an inability to complete rebirths - a core feature of the gamemode - should have gone a day or two without a fix, not a full month.

A proper channel for urgent feedback does not appear to exist and the Olympus community was made very apparent of that fact. Shop items nobody really asked for got placed at a higher priority than rebirth fixes, and I suspect that it wasn't gross negligence or improper assignment of priorities, it was that the Admin/Dev team literally wasn't aware of the bugs.

I don't expect the Admin/Dev team to magically fix every bug we whine about instantly. But I should be able to expect that when the entire community is miffed about a bug, we can at least get a reasonable ETA on when it will be fixed. The staff - especially those senior on their server - should be in the loop about active bug cases, where they are in the priority list, approximate ETA, etc. They should be able to respond "Oh, boomclaw will be working on that tomorrow" or "Yeah, they'll get to it after they're done fixing Factions." These communication issues really need to be addressed, and there are plenty of staff and community members willing to help.

caleb!

Dedicated Member
ELITE
imageyser
imageyser
ELITE
Ratings
251 8
A proper channel for urgent feedback does not appear to exist and the Olympus community was made very apparent of that fact. Shop items nobody really asked for got placed at a higher priority than rebirth fixes, and I suspect that it wasn't gross negligence or improper assignment of priorities, it was that the Admin/Dev team literally wasn't aware of the bugs.

I don't expect the Admin/Dev team to magically fix every bug we whine about instantly. But I should be able to expect that when the entire community is miffed about a bug, we can at least get a reasonable ETA on when it will be fixed. The staff - especially those senior on their server - should be in the loop about active bug cases, where they are in the priority list, approximate ETA, etc. They should be able to respond "Oh, boomclaw will be working on that tomorrow" or "Yeah, they'll get to it after they're done fixing Factions." These communication issues really need to be addressed, and there are plenty of staff and community members willing to help.
Well, we already have multiple places to report bugs. We have the "Report a Bug" forum, which leads you to create a ticket to report said bug. you may /helpop (it's broken atm so use /report instead) bugs that affect Manacube greatly so we may pass them on to higher staff, you may post in #issues on the discord server as well. There are many platforms to communicate these bugs and this is the fastest way to get higher staff notified when need be.

Additionally, I feel like it is not a good idea for "lower" staff like myself (helpers, mods, mod+s) to be notified of specific admins' schedules, and I feel like it is a worse idea for players to have this information. This is for quite a few reasons, but I'll try to list a few here. First, urgent bugs come up constantly and this can alter an admin's or a developer's schedule. They also have real lives and they might not be able to meet every deadline. Coding can also take longer than anticipated. If players & "lower" staff were notified of schedules, this would mean staff might pass on information that was no longer true as a schedule has changed, and it could also mean players/staff get upset when something does not come when they anticipated. Also, giving these updates would be very time consuming for everyone involved and would slow progress on bug fixes.

We have the #updates channel to let players know when updates happen or when bugs are fixed. Giving players personalized updates is unrealistic & would take up time that could be better used fixing the bugs players would like to have fixed.