Dedicated Member
ELITE
Pink_Bovine
Pink_Bovine
ELITE
Ratings
291 1
Hiya, pink here! :mc_e_92:

Just wanted to see what people thought of trapdoor etiquette :) What I mean by td etiquette:
- After finishing a td/door jump, I turn around and leave it open for the next person (which might also be me if I fail before a cp!!)

Why or why not?

rangedhealer77

Forum Legend
PATRON+
rangedhealer77
rangedhealer77
Patron+
Ratings
761 16
I do! You can ask @Elly_x after our times on champ maps together :p

jacobsfunparty

Forum Expert
ELITE
jacobsfunparty
jacobsfunparty
ELITE
Ratings
337 6
I am actually very passionate about this subject. If you knowingly leave a trapdoor the wrong way after doing a jump you're actually a jerk. Some jumps are extremely difficult the first time through if the trapdoor(s) are not oriented the correct way. It also just ruins the rhythm if you have to crouch to the edge of a block and flip a trapdoor. So be upstanding citizens or perish by my hand >: ). The only exception is for speedrunning or just being unaware. In those cases, I would say it's understandable if the trapdoor is being left open.

Lofi

Forum Expert
ELITE
beatsbylofi
beatsbylofi
ELITE
Ratings
263 9
im an awful person bro i opened the trapdoor on aquatic cp 1 once
like it got closed cause i only did it with friends but still
otherwise I'm mainly just focusing on making the jump so i barely ever flip it back

Slohth

VIP
Slohth
Slohth
VIP
Ratings
46 1
Me and my friends actively try to screw each other over by closing trapdoors, getting in the way, lying about where to go etc.
Just a bit of fun really

Anacoustic

Forum Expert
ELITE
Anacoustic
Anacoustic
ELITE
Ratings
163 2
I try to put the trapdoors back down after using them either because I fail a ton and just like to have it or because the jumps can get so annoying and sometimes impossible unless you flip the trapdoor midair and THEN do the jump ;u;