162 8
Username: WICKEDMagma
Map name: Dream
Plot: /plot visit WICKEDMagma 5
Difficulty: Hard
Number of jumps: 80 jumps and 7 checkpoints
1609238778203.png
1609239729370.png

I had two motives for making this map: Firstly, countless attempts to submit a Dream themed map were made by new mappers, all of which had failed due to their builds being unacceptable and bland. I have stepped up and attempted what everyone had failed to do. Secondly, this map was made for a very exotic and unique purpose: To reduce the number of annoying/toxic Dream stans and haters in parkour chat. The hope here is that if a Dream stan/hater joins the server with the intent to spam annoying crap in parkour chat, they will instead direct their attention to this map. Once they start the map, they will hopefully fixate their focus on completing the map instead of flooding the chat. I wanted to make this map as hard and as long as possible for a Hard map to keep them playing for as long as possible.
In a nutshell, they will be too busy trying to complete this map to spam chat.

Theme 5/5: The theme is original. There's not a single map themed around Dream on Manacube yet.

Build 4/5: I think I could have executed the build better. The proportions are rather unsettling, especially in the shoulders. The physics of the hoodie could use some improvement. The shoes - while not a major part of the build - could use some reshaping. I could also consider choosing better palettes and styles for the hair.

Parkour 3/5: I was pretty stressed about this. I had to nerf the difficulty twice after several testers suggested it fit the Expert difficulty better. I think it just barely fits the Hard difficulty now, but after practicing and testing my own map so many times, it's hard to tell.

I cannot stress how much I absolutely want this to be put in the Hard category. If it's too hard for that difficulty, then please reject my map or put it into reviewing, and I will be more than willing to nerf it even more. The last thing I want to happen to this map is for it to be accepted as an Expert.

samsei

VIP+
samsei_
samsei_
VIP+
Ratings
I am not a map mod but i agree with your ideas and want this to be accepted. We need a place for dream stans to be at so they stfu. Thank you for this community service.

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
HAHA! THIS NEEDS TO BE ACCEPTED

jacobsfunparty

Forum Expert
ELITE
jacobsfunparty
jacobsfunparty
ELITE
Ratings
337 6
The build is sadly good. Good job I guess. No offense to fans of dream but I don’t think you need to make the hardest hard map possible to get newer players stuck on a hard map.

Edit joke: nice enderpearl I wonder where he got it from 0-0

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
Just played it!
This is an easy expert.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Just played it! This is a very balanced Hard map. I think you nerfed it well. It may not need to be nerfed further. Despite the jump count of 80, I don't believe it'll be accepted as an Expert or Reviewed. There are no jumps or sections which are outstanding in difficulty. Good work.

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Heya WickedMagma!
I am here to give you my review of the map. Please remember that I am not a Map Judge and that my opinion does not affect whether the map gets accepted or not. That being said, if the Map Judges disagree with me, they will go by what they think.

Firstly the THEME of your map. Despite multiple players' efforts to use this theme on Parkour, it has not been done yet successfully. You also used the theme differently than everyone else who tried doing a map like this before. Which is why it's an original Map Submission in my eyes.

Secondly the BUILD of your map. Personally I think it's pretty great. It's a really well made organic, and looks like Dream in multiple pictures. I don't have anything negative to point out about the build, it's really nice! Great work executing the theme differently than everyone else before

Lastly the PARKOUR of your map. Your parkour fits all the main criteria that Manacube has, which I'm pretty sure you knew already by now. Good length, even if it's a little longer than most Hard maps, good amount of checkpoint and good checkpoint placement. Little to no floating Parkour, great implementation and variation. Overall the map is just really fun to play. After playing it through like I would if it was an actual map, I feel that the Parkour is extremely pushing for the Hard difficulty, which is what you were going for. However, just as Tas mentioned, I don't think there are particularly any jumps or parts that are outstanding for the map's difficulty. It's well balanced! I would go over the map and nerf a few parts here and there, but I do think the map might get accepted as a Hard map.

Good luck! :) +1

Elly_x

Forum God
ELITE
Elly_x
Elly_x
ELITE
Ratings
557 20
Hello Magma,

Personally I love the theme of this and the idea behind it, I think it could be so cool on Mana! The build itself is good, only critique is that the neck is too short and that the shoulders are a bit to weird and bulky. Other than that it is a nice organic! The parkour of it when tested fit the hard difficulty for the most part, which is impressive so good job on that, some jumps will most likely need nerfing just to make some checkpoints a bit easier but for the most part it actually fits!

Good luck!!

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43

celestiiia

Forum Expert
PATRON+
celestiiia
celestiiia
Patron
Ratings
150 3
Hiya,

Heads up that this map is now being looked at further by mapjudges, sit tight whilst we take a look!

Stay safe n happy Map Building

-Cele <3

WICKEDMagma

Dedicated Member
Mapper
WICKEDMagma
WICKEDMagma
Ratings
162 8
I just had a weird dream that my map was changed by Dacon and other random people. Dream didn't have his mask anymore, and his hair was now oak planks and flat against his head. The diamond sword was changed to an emerald sword, which was now being held with the tip pointing up. In the other hand, instead of an ender pearl, Dream was now holding a banana-shaped handbag, which was the new starting platform. A ton of the parkour was now floating. Then, I logged onto the forums and found out my map was rejected, with the rejection message being sent by Quinny. There was a meme in this message. It was something along the lines of When you spend 10000+ mana on jump potions: "A small price to pay for skips!"
I woke up before I read the rest of the message.

Last edited:

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
I just had a weird dream that my map was changed by Dacon and other random people. Dream didn't have his mask anymore, and his hair was now oak planks and flat against his head. The diamond sword was changed to an emerald sword, which was now being held with the tip pointing up. In the other hand, instead of an ender pearl, Dream was now holding a banana-shaped handbag, which was the new starting platform. A ton of the parkour was now floating. Then, I logged onto the forums and found out my map was rejected, with the rejection message being sent by Quinny. There was a meme in this message. It was something along the lines of When you spend 10000+ mana on jump potions: "A small price to pay for skips!"
I woke up before I read the message.
We should be glad it didn't happen

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
There is only a 1 in 7.5 trillion chance this map will be accepted :0
Also there better be a 5 block jump using dream mm to troll the stans

celestiiia

Forum Expert
PATRON+
celestiiia
celestiiia
Patron
Ratings
150 3
Hello WICKEDMagma,

My apologies for the delay in reply! I'm sorry to say your map is being rejected. Although I believe it has a lot of potential, the Parkour is much too difficult for the hard difficulty, and I'd like to see a bit of work done on the build! The theme is obviously original as no other dream themed maps have been accepted or considered for acception yet. I'd urge you to nerf the Parkour throughout and act upon the build critique given by others above (with the addition of reshaping the hood- it looks rather unnatural) and resubmitting- I do think it has the bases of a good map! If you have any questions or queries feel free to message me on discord at Cele#6581 !

Have a good day/night

Happy map building,
-Cele <3

Status
Not open for further replies.