Rejected [easy] Beginner parkour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamont

Dedicated Member
Ratings
33 2
Hello My name is YoloMcSwagDragon and i have made a beginner parkour course. I was thinking if it got accepted to be in the front. It has all the stuff thats in every single parkour course. It has 40 jumps and 3 checkpoints. it has 1 block, 2 block, 3 block , and 4 block jumps. It has ladder jumps.It has ice jumps. It has door jumps. and lastly it has glass pane jumps. I was running out of ideas really but i wanted to make a parkour for begginers. It might be to long but what the heck. To get here do /plot visit YoloMcSwagDragon 3. Enjoy!

Angel_Scarz

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
35 109
I don't Aprove over this map... My opinion for this map is that it will get Recjted Because ... The Theme is not very Good The Parkour Is a bit Random It Does not Go with the theme a bit So that's why i think it will get Rejected But You Never know it could get Accepted :)

Wafflethecat

Forum Expert
Mapper
Ratings
128 3
Hello. I will be reveiwing your map shortly.

Wafflethecat

Forum Expert
Mapper
Ratings
128 3
Okay I have reveiwed the map, and I will start with the Pros.

Pros:

-The difficulty is accurate. There is only 1-2 sort of hard jumps, and the rest of the difficulty in jumps seems fairly fluent.

-I like the incorporation of the door parkour, I have not seen many incorporate that. (From what I have seen, don't quote me on it)

Cons:
-I feel this theme is a bit unclear. The title states "Beginner Parkour", and yet there is nothing here for me to consider this a beginner parkour, other then the title, it just sort of looks like some randomly placed blocks, leading me to my next one.

-Block placement, and block choice. I feel this could have been more fluent then what it is. It is a bit hard on the eyes for the reason that I find it a bit awkward going from types of stone, to ice, to fences, to doors, to glass. It overall confuses me.

-I feel you could have put more effort into the creation of this map. The map judges like to see never before seen things, unique things. We get a lot of submissions of people placing blocks without any real specific theme, and calling it a parkour and submitting it, and I feel you sort of did this.

-This door is not needed to make the jump onto the glass:
2015-11-18_18.05.58.png

For these reasons, I would personally Reject this map. This is not a final say, as I am not a judge, it is just my opinion.

I don't want this to discourage you from making future maps.

Best of luck to you my friend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.