Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackBird552

VIP
BlackBird552
BlackBird552
VIP
Ratings
Hello! I've played your parkour and wanted to express my thoughts about it.

The build itself seems rather not original, since there are already many maps that are either island or cave themed (
ShatteredWorld, GoldminePK, Western, BiomesPK, Tropics, so on and so forth blah blah blah) which makes the map seem uncreative. Try coming up with a concept related to your theme that hasn't been done yet. For example, your theme are floating caves in this scenario. You could make a big floating island and make different cave layers inside of it, kinda like multiple geode's and every stage would vary from one another in terms of its playability, but also its looks.

The parkour itself seems rather not varied, with focusing mainly on standard block jumps, ladders and fences, which may feel quite repetitive. Personally I like these kinds of parkour maps, since they remind me of old maps. However, if you wish to have your map accepted, you should consider adding more gameplay mechanics to your parkour. Most basic examples would probably be heads, pistons, minecarts, water/lava jumps. If you are feeling quite fancy, you could also do some redstone puzzles, which when done correctly can really boost up the enjoyability. Also, remember to make some of your parkour pathing inside a certain structure, so it's not all outside. Making a main build makes it easier for your parkour to build itself out of it.

Overall I'd say that the build and the pk are nothing special, but with some upgrades and tuning everything can be done much better. It's okay if you're not gonna nail it the first time, especially with today's submission standards. If you need some extra help, I'll send a link below that might give out some advice for you on your journey of building future maps if you wish to continue. I'll be happy to help if needed and can't wait to see more from you! Don't give up!

Map making guide: https://manacube.wiki/parkour/making-maps/parkour-maps

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Hi Bedstar
Unfortunately your map is being rejected

The theme is unoriginal as there are already many floating island maps and cave maps such as LavaCavern, Mineshaft or GoldminePK, Feel free checking the parkour list to see which theme has already been used https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HEsY56U5nG0BIql-Ef8ZSBdNgXO-xD2h7g6J0v27t2Y/edit?usp=sharing

The build is very bland and kinda messy since it doesn't have a main build as it is floating islands with clouds. Try to build your map on one main build next time !

For the parkour, the difficulty is inconsistent throughout the map, with some jumps being easier or harder than others. Along with that, a large amount of your parkour is floating or unattached to the main build, which makes both the parkour and build feel messy. It also feel quite repetitive, avoid using the same jumps in a row and try mixing the jumps through the map.

Thanks for submitting your map (and thanks sophiaah for the message)

Status
Not open for further replies.