Rejected "Inside a PC"-Hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Hello! I made this map with my friend! I hope it gets accepted, we put much time and effort into it! :D
Username: Wil_spion
Map name: "Inside a PC" (you can change it if you want, it was hard finding a good fitting name)

Warp: /plot home Wil_spion 1 (NOT 2, that is an older version)
Difficulty: Hard (82 jumps)
Thank you! It would be so cool if it got accepted! :D

EDIT: I have removed all uncessary barriers, fixed the skipping part and I have also replaced all parkour and all letters on the components with Terracotta! It looks much better now, Thanks for all the amazing feedback! ✌

(NEW PICTURES ATTACHED! :D)

Attachments

Last edited:

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello <3,

Unfortunately I'll be giving this a -1. The theme is unoriginal, since there are already some maps relating to computers. I do like the build; however I recommend that you try something other than wool for most of the parkour. For the parkour: The jumps are a bit repetitive; consider adding more variety. Fortunately, they definitely fit the hard difficulty.

I wish you the best of luck! <3

Pinkpiggie

Ratings
Hello hi, although it isn’t original and many people have already came up with the design I’m actually a huge fan (as a huge computer nerd myself) I just find computer interiors really fascinating. So just for that read on I’ll be giving it a +1 not only for that but you can see the time and effort you put into it :’)

Ratings
Hello guys,I just joined the forum and I'm the second builder in this map. Thank you for your suggestions, we'll try to use them to fix this map or our future maps!

Ratings
Hello <3,

Unfortunately I'll be giving this a -1. The theme is unoriginal, since there are already some maps relating to computers. I do like the build; however I recommend that you try something other than wool for most of the parkour. For the parkour: The jumps are a bit repetitive; consider adding more variety. Fortunately, they definitely fit the hard difficulty.

Oh, I have never seen a map made inside a PC, thought no one hade made that yet... Thanks for the feedback atleast lol, What is the names of those and on what difficulty are they?

Ratings
Hello hi, although it isn’t original and many people have already came up with the design I’m actually a huge fan (as a huge computer nerd myself) I just find computer interiors really fascinating. So just for that read on I’ll be giving it a +1 not only for that but you can see the time and effort you put into it :’)
Thank you! Did you try it out ingame? You parkour inside different computer parts! :D

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
The theme is not original, since there are already a lot of computer or device maps. The build isn't bad, it's realistic but not super attractive since it's all made with wool. And the parkour is not good, it's mostly normal blocks with some ladders (try to use lots of different blocks for the parkour like vines, panes, soul sand, etc.) and sometimes there are sections of a certain type of jump, but we never see that type of jump again -- try to be varied in the map. There are also way too many barriers, which actually interfere with the parkour in certain areas, although I know you're fixing that now. Remember that barriers should only be used when you have to.

Still, good luck!

Ratings
The theme is not original, since there are already a lot of computer or device maps. The build isn't bad, it's realistic but not super attractive since it's all made with wool. And the parkour is not good, it's mostly normal blocks with some ladders (try to use lots of different blocks for the parkour like vines, panes, soul sand, etc.) and sometimes there are sections of a certain type of jump, but we never see that type of jump again -- try to be varied in the map. There are also way too many barriers, which actually interfere with the parkour in certain areas, although I know you're fixing that now. Remember that barriers should only be used when you have to.

Still, good luck!
Thanks for the feedback! I have removed all unnecessary barriers! I could change some of the wool to for example Terracotta and concrete!

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Thanks for the feedback! I have removed all unnecessary barriers! I could change some of the wool to for example Terracotta and concrete!
Well, don't do concrete, but as long as you mix the blocks up a little bit it'll be a lot better.

Ratings
Ok thanks! I will log on and try it out!
I have played the map, it did not look like a PC should and the components inside the PC on that map was in the wrong spot and they did not look like the real thing tbh. That is atleast what I thought about that other ”Computer” map, mine looks more like a PC does on the inside.

Ratings
Hello <3,

Check out the parkour again if you want! I have changed a lot of the wool, removed al uneccesary barriers and changed the parkour up a little! Thanks for the feedback! :D

Dubinzi

Dedicated Member
MVP
Dubinzi
Dubinzi
MVP
Ratings
Giving this a -1.
Positives:
  • The build is accurate to the inside of a PC
Negatives:
  • The build is not visually appealing from the outside, it just looks like a black box. I realize this can't be changed due to the theme, but it's still a downside.
  • The jumps are not varied at all. Almost all of the jumps are regular block jumps.
  • The inside is full of floating jumps, so it looks messy
  • There's still too many barriers in general... barrier mazes are more of a champion map thing, so I suggest removing it. Also try using natural barriers like blocks and fences.
  • The section at the start of the map with the 8 quad jumps in a row is boring and repetitive. The barriers in this section are especially annoying.
  • The jumps are repetitive. There are multiple points in the map where the same jump is repeated numerous times (quads at the start, head hitters in one of the components). Try to avoid having the same jump over and over.
  • The theme is not original
I'm not sure if this has any probability of being accepted due to the almost identical theme to Computer.
Still, good luck with your map!

Ratings
Giving this a -1.
Positives:
Negatives:
  • The build is not visually appealing from the outside, it just looks like a black box. I realize this can't be changed due to the theme, but it's still a downside.
  • The jumps are not varied at all. Almost all of the jumps are regular block jumps.
  • There's still too many barriers in general... barrier mazes are more of a champion map thing, so I suggest removing it. Also try using natural barriers like blocks and fences.
  • The section at the start of the map with the 8 quad jumps in a row is boring and repetitive. The barriers in this section are especially annoying.
  • The jumps are repetitive. There are multiple points in the map where the same jump is repeated numerous times (quads at the start, head hitters in one of the components). Try to avoid having the same jump over and over.
I'm not sure if this has any probability of being accepted due to the almost identical theme to Computer.
What do you mean by floating jumps?

Ratings
Anyway, me and Wil are working on a new map, with less barriers and less repetitive jumps and varied blocks!

Dubinzi

Dedicated Member
MVP
Dubinzi
Dubinzi
MVP
Ratings
What do you mean by floating jumps?
Floating jumps are jumps that are not directly connected to the main build, so they're floating mid-air

Ratings
Giving this a -1.
Positives:
Negatives:
Thanks for the feedback! We will either scrap this If it gets rejected and work on our new map or fix these ”problems” you have found.

Status
Not open for further replies.