/jail?

Gabe

Donator
Ratings
I think islands should have a /jail command for staff. Essentially what it will do is teleport a player to a jail room that has nether portal blocks spread out around it, but that don't teleport the player. This way the player can't press T, (to open chat), and abuse /helpop spam if they're in a troll-mood. As well as this, a person would have to be online to have the jail sentence carried out, meaning they can afk if they want, but they can't just log off and get on a different server only to come back when the sentence is completed. /jail would be used against players breaking the rules in PvP, or if a staff member see's fit to jail them instead of mute them, which could be the case in minor griefing cases, spam, or trolling.

Perks of /jail may include:

-It is less punishment than a temp-ban.

-Since the goal of islands is to be the top island, jailing someone for glitching related events would slow that progress, making a fair punishment.

- If players knew about it, they would most likely be more deterred from breaking the rules, as they don't want to lose out on progress for their island, or have a /jail on their player record.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT 1: This idea could be implemented on other servers too, even with a twist. For example...

-If there were a /jail on Parkour, the player may be teleported to a large prison parkour on say, Insane difficulty, and that player either serves his/her jail sentence or they can try to parkour out of it. Coming up with some sort of twist for other servers may be more challenging, but it is just an idea. I'm sure one of the excellent parkour builders that we've seen so far would make a prison that would serve the needs of this jail, :). As well as this, if this idea were implemented on one or more servers, it doesn't even necessarily need a twist, or null nether portal blocks for that matter, (I just suggested the blocks because along with making a jailed player not be able to open their chat, they would also have a nausea-like effect on them).As for not needing a twist, staff may think that the sentence of the jailed should be completed fully with no help of an "early release opportunity"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can make an example of a jail cell / create a prison like structure if a staff member want's to see how it would look/work. There are plugins for a /jail that i'm sure Dacon or whoever can find if this idea is under serious consideration.

Thanks for taking the time to read this! I would love to hear anyone thoughts on this, whether its changing some things about it, or if its a good or bad idea in their opinion.

:)

Last edited:

Its_Kat

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
147 2
I like the idea. Its creative and a good way to deal with abusers. Only suggestion I have is if they afk make sure the hours do not go towards their Islands. People should not be given credit for being on if they are not.

Slime_Lord101

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Slime_Lord101
Slime_Lord101
Patron+
Ratings
271 3
Well I think it is a good idea but there are some things you have to think because they would be able to afk the time. So maybe if we made it so when they are jailed afk immunity would be disabled for remainder of the time jailed. Also would we make it so they can log out and it still count as jail time or only if they are in the server and in the jail. Another thing would be when they are in jail, it would auto mute them/not let them talk or anything for them to able to bypass their jail time.

Gabe

Donator
Ratings
Well I think it is a good idea but there are some things you have to think because they would be able to afk the time. So maybe if we made it so when they are jailed afk immunity would be disabled for remainder of the time jailed. Also would we make it so they can log out and it still count as jail time or only if they are in the server and in the jail. Another thing would be when they are in jail, it would auto mute them/not let them talk or anything for them to able to bypass their jail time.
Good idea with the afk thing, but for the mute thing that's where the nether portal blocks would come in, if you're standing in one you cant open chat to talk, so a /mute function wouldn't be needed. I appreciate your feedback though and if you have any more suggestions or ideas be sure to let me know in this thread!
[DOUBLEPOST=1473812574][/DOUBLEPOST]
I like the idea. Its creative and a good way to deal with abusers. Only suggestion I have is if they afk make sure the hours do not go towards their Islands. People should not be given credit for being on if they are not.
I believe that if a person has alot of hours, but a bad island it is a sign of being a "noob" But I can see your point and others may agree, thanks for the feedback!

_Woolfie

Dedicated Member
ELITE
_Woolfie
_Woolfie
ELITE
Ratings
168 1
I like this it is a good way to deal with the scammers, spammers, abusers and cheaters in the game. I have found similar plugins like this for instance if you set them in "jail" they would be teleported to a specific area where it would disable their chat, afk immunity and such. But you should be able to set the time they are there and after the time is up it would teleport them to spawn.
It would be good to teach the spammers, scammers, abusers and cheaters a lesson or 2 on how to not mess with the server. :D

Great idea Gabe!

Gabe

Donator
Ratings
I like this it is a good way to deal with the scammers, spammers, abusers and cheaters in the game. I have found similar plugins like this for instance if you set them in "jail" they would be teleported to a specific area where it would disable their chat, afk immunity and such. But you should be able to set the time they are there and after the time is up it would teleport them to spawn.
It would be good to teach the spammers, scammers, abusers and cheaters a lesson or 2 on how to not mess with the server. :D

Great idea Gabe!
Glad you think so and thanks for your input!

MonkeyplanetPvP

Skyblock Mod+
Donator
Ratings
121 4
I really like this idea!

Wizful

Dedicated Member
VIP
Ratings
453 24
This is a complex, but interesting idea. There is a fundamental problem however, and that is the AFK idea. I do not like the idea of someone serving a punishment by simply leaving their computer on. However, what I do really like is someone who was naughty suffering on an insanely difficult parkour course. That sounds extremely plausible. I would also like to suggest there be a spectator mode available to players to watch these naughty individuals parkouring truly suffer.

Overall, good idea. This is definitely possible to code (plugin wise).

Gabe

Donator
Ratings
This is a complex, but interesting idea. There is a fundamental problem however, and that is the AFK idea. I do not like the idea of someone serving a punishment by simply leaving their computer on. However, what I do really like is someone who was naughty suffering on an insanely difficult parkour course. That sounds extremely plausible. I would also like to suggest there be a spectator mode available to players to watch these naughty individuals parkouring truly suffer.

Overall, good idea. This is definitely possible to code (plugin wise).
I agree, the afk idea would have to be worked on, nonetheless i'm glad you thought the parkour idea was a good one, I appreciate the feedback immensely! Also the spectator function I believe would be a good, and quite funny addition to this, good idea!