Limits

Its_Kat

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
147 2
Islands has quite a few limits on many of the blocks and placeable items. Like hoppers, Item frames, and beacons to name a few. The islands server is suppose to be a more difficult version of skyblocks, so having limitations is only reasonable, but if you compare the top ten islands on skyblocks to the top ten on Islands you can see the size of spawner grinders among other things are smaller scaled on Islands compared to Skyblock. (Keep in mind Islands has been out for less time, than Skyblock.) I believe this to be because of the hopper limit. With less hoppers you can only create so many spawner grinders before you reach the limit and then can't exceed any further. I believe having to buy the hoppers from the shop is already a challenge since they are not craftable, along with having to buy the spawners which can be expensive. In Beta the limit was increased to 1000 at one point, but now it's 500. We definitely need an increase if we wish to further our islands. I don't know how to check limits, but I know beacons and item frames at one point did have a limit. Pointless limits like these should be removed. Overall I think increasing and removing limits would only benefit the server and possibly bring in more players.

_Woolfie

Dedicated Member
ELITE
_Woolfie
_Woolfie
ELITE
Ratings
168 1
I agree Kat. This is very true I don't see the point of the item frame limit but I guess there is a reason behind it. I do wish that the hopper limit gets expanded as well as the beacon limit. It would be quite useful in the future if it does happen.

Shron

Forum Master
Donator
Ratings
326 10
Yes as TeamTyler said, Item frames can cause the same lag as a chest full of items. So guess you have a full chest and an item frame everywhere. Your FPS will drop like crazy and people are avoiding these places or they complain a lot.

UnrefinedStyle

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
90 6
Yes as TeamTyler said, Item frames can cause the same lag as a chest full of items. So guess you have a full chest and an item frame everywhere. Your FPS will drop like crazy and people are avoiding these places or they complain a lot.
That's all fine and dandy, but we're already causing lag with many of the top islands having hundreds of spawners. Adding more item frames won't be nearly as significant as that I would imagine.

You don't see a limit on number of spawners on an island, so I find it hard to believe that the item frame limit is in place due to lag. (Don't get any ideas :mad: )