Brinaa

Helper
Helper
Brinaa
Brinaa
Patron
Ratings
312 32
Wait i thought most of them were regular mods b4 becoming admins i hear somewhere cullanP was the only person who just became and admin and skipped being a moderater
the application process is different for the admins so no they dont necessary have to make their way up from moderators.
thats why they dont seem to "connect" with players because they dont really have a connection or need to connect for the most parts. They are behind the scenes workers like the oompa loompas in willy wonka :D

NEJIRE HADO

Forum God
ELITE
SHREK53
SHREK53
ELITE
Ratings
1,191 296
the application process is different for the admins so no they dont necessary have to make their way up from moderators.
thats why they dont seem to "connect" with players because they dont really have a connection or need to connect for the most parts. They are behind the scenes workers like the oompa loompas in willy wonka :D
Ah ok

Spogger

Forum Legend
ELITE
_Spogger
_Spogger
ELITE
Ratings
709 117
Responding mostly to Dosah, realize that most admins cannot, like others have said, have time to interact with the community. They have to keep the server alive, go through who knows how many tickets, ensure bugs don't appear out of nowhere, and god knows what else.

Just because admins don't seem to interact much with the community doesn't mean that they don't care about the server. Without the server, for all they know, they may not have jobs. Player interaction is typically left up to mods and helpers because they don't have to spend nearly has much time on quality assurance, development, balancing, and other things.

BIG DOSSY (Dacon's Owner)

Forum God
ELITE
Dosah
Dosah
ELITE
Ratings
1,014 67
Responding mostly to Dosah, realize that most admins cannot, like others have said, have time to interact with the community. They have to keep the server alive, go through who knows how many tickets, ensure bugs don't appear out of nowhere, and god knows what else.

Just because admins don't seem to interact much with the community doesn't mean that they don't care about the server. Without the server, for all they know, they may not have jobs. Player interaction is typically left up to mods and helpers because they don't have to spend nearly has much time on quality assurance, development, balancing, and other things.
i get that they work on the server but i wasnt really enforcing the fact that they dont interact with the players, i was mostly saying that the dont care about the players, big difference imo. yeah they do tickets and whatever but ensuring bugs dont appear out of nowhere? they dont do that or at least not very well..

Brinaa

Helper
Helper
Brinaa
Brinaa
Patron
Ratings
312 32
i get that they work on the server but i wasnt really enforcing the fact that they dont interact with the players, i was mostly saying that the dont care about the players, big difference imo. yeah they do tickets and whatever but ensuring bugs dont appear out of nowhere? they dont do that or at least not very well..
well tbh they dont really HAVE to care about the players considering they dont have player front roles and most admins barely have to be player front. Imagine it this way: you work at a grocery store, yes the customers are important to keep your job alive but do you really care for them outside of the small interaction you must have while assisting them? No. So you shouldn't expect admins to always "care" about you individually, its not personal, but they are working. There's bigger issues for them to solve and frankly being personable to a huge part of the player base is the least of their priority's.

Forum God
ELITE
Dosah
Dosah
ELITE
Ratings
1,014 67
well tbh they dont really HAVE to care about the players considering they dont have player front roles and most admins barely have to be player front. Imagine it this way: you work at a grocery store, yes the customers are important to keep your job alive but do you really care for them outside of the small interaction you must have while assisting them? No. So you shouldn't expect admins to always "care" about you individually, its not personal, but they are working. There's bigger issues for them to solve and frankly being personable to a huge part of the player base is the least of their priority's.
im honestly way too lazy to read all that so im not gonna act like i did but i was just saying what i think about most admins since someone said something about staff being really close to the players and something about admins idk anymore

Last edited:

Hallowqueen

Olympus | Mod+
Moderator+
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod+
Ratings
2,324 82
correct me if im wrong but if they did that, there wouldnt be people complaining
Well, that isn't entirely true. Everyone has different opinions of how things should be done, what can be added etc - it is impossible to please everyone. The main issue comes down to bugs and issues, those will always take priority. Admins are human too, they have other things going on in their lives, so yes - things take time to be resolved.

also the rumors iv heard of staff stealing items from players inventory and then not giving them back
Additionally, if you have concerns of staff "stealing items" from players, make staff reports. Do not throw baseless accusations around in public with zero evidence. A rumour with zero proof behind it is simply that - a rumour. Let's not spread misinformation. If there was any situations where staff stole items, it would be investigated, the items would be returned, and the staff member would likely be demoted and/or banned for abusing perms.

Yep, I'm glad that I'm not the only one that has heard all about the crap ton of staff rumours.
As someone who has avidly applied to be on the staff team in the past, I would strongly urge that you use a little common sense when it comes to situations such as this and that you also not join in on spreading "rumours" with no evidence. This is not the first time you have been involved in a discussion like this and pointed blame at staff either without knowing the full situation, or with zero evidence.

I would like to make it clear that we are in no way saying players can't be frustrated with how certain things go, we are not here to stop you from venting. But when that "venting" becomes hostile, harassing and results in accusations being thrown around rather than any valid attempts at reporting situations that may be missed, it helps no one.

Yes, it's true that Admins are not as involved in the community as moderation staff - but that has it's benefits too. It means Admins remain an unbiased party when it comes to discussing situations involving players. It doesn't mean Admins are neglecting the community, because often they are happy to chat with players from time to time. But, unless I'm misunderstanding - the complaint seems to be people want admins to be more engaged in the community but are also complaining that issues aren't being resolved as fast as they would like. I'm sure you can understand how this can be seen as hypocritical. They're human, there is no way for them to predict how every single thing can go wrong - the main point is that when they are made aware of issues, they work to fix them - which they do.

Forum God
ELITE
Dosah
Dosah
ELITE
Ratings
1,014 67
Well, that isn't entirely true. Everyone has different opinions of how things should be done, what can be added etc - it is impossible to please everyone. The main issue comes down to bugs and issues, those will always take priority. Admins are human too, they have other things going on in their lives, so yes - things take time to be resolved.

Additionally, if you have concerns of staff "stealing items" from players, make staff reports. Do not throw baseless accusations around in public with zero evidence. A rumour with zero proof behind it is simply that - a rumour. Let's not spread misinformation. If there was any situations where staff stole items, it would be investigated, the items would be returned, and the staff member would likely be demoted and/or banned for abusing perms.

As someone who has avidly applied to be on the staff team in the past, I would strongly urge that you use a little common sense when it comes to situations such as this and that you also not join in on spreading "rumours" with no evidence. This is not the first time you have been involved in a discussion like this and pointed blame at staff either without knowing the full situation, or with zero evidence.

I would like to make it clear that we are in no way saying players can't be frustrated with how certain things go, we are not here to stop you from venting. But when that "venting" becomes hostile, harassing and results in accusations being thrown around rather than any valid attempts at reporting situations that may be missed, it helps no one.

Yes, it's true that Admins are not as involved in the community as moderation staff - but that has it's benefits too. It means Admins remain an unbiased party when it comes to discussing situations involving players. It doesn't mean Admins are neglecting the community, because often they are happy to chat with players from time to time. But, unless I'm misunderstanding - the complaint seems to be people want admins to be more engaged in the community but are also complaining that issues aren't being resolved as fast as they would like. I'm sure you can understand how this can be seen as hypocritical. They're human, there is no way for them to predict how every single thing can go wrong - the main point is that when they are made aware of issues, they work to fix them - which they do.
i have a feeling what you are saying would be different if you were a normal player instead of a moderator, could be wrong but i dont imagine the game feels the same when you are a player that grinds/tries to have fun and then when you are a moderator that has actual responsibilities on the server. i just feel like since you are staff, your replies are going to be slightly bias and i would imagine its the same for all staff when they talk on a topic like this not just you.. might be wrong dont hate me just my opinion

Hallowqueen

Olympus | Mod+
Moderator+
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod+
Ratings
2,324 82
i have a feeling what you are saying would be different if you were a normal player instead of a moderator, could be wrong but i dont imagine the game feels the same when you are a player that grinds/tries to have fun and then when you are a moderator that has actual responsibilities on the server. i just feel like since you are staff, your replies are going to be slightly bias and i would imagine its the same for all staff when they talk on a topic like this not just you.. might be wrong dont hate me just my opinion
Being a moderator really doesn't impact your experience of the server as much as people think it does. I still grind on Olympus, I do tasks on my alt for cubits, and actively ascend... My role on the server has zero impact on my thoughts. Yes, it helps that I've seen how things work behind the scenes, but even at that, it is majority common sense.

Staff don't join the server as staff - we all are/were players at one point. I'm fortunate enough to have experienced the server through the eyes of a player, a mod and senior staff. I can completely understand players' frustration, and again I am not trying to stop people from doing that. If I resigned from my position tomorrow, my viewpoint would be the same. I have resigned in the past, and my viewpoint remained the same.

I'm not approaching this from a staff mentality, but as a fellow member of the community. Admins are human, they can only do so much - and they do work hard. Staff get to see the sheer influx of support tickets that have to be dealt with that players do not, so that may impact our viewpoint - but, as a player on a fairly big network, I'm sure it isn't hard to imagine yours is not the only issue to be resolved.

Forum God
ELITE
Dosah
Dosah
ELITE
Ratings
1,014 67
Being a moderator really doesn't impact your experience of the server as much as people think it does. I still grind on Olympus, I do tasks on my alt for cubits, and actively ascend... My role on the server has zero impact on my thoughts. Yes, it helps that I've seen how things work behind the scenes, but even at that, it is majority common sense.

Staff don't join the server as staff - we all are/were players at one point. I'm fortunate enough to have experienced the server through the eyes of a player, a mod and senior staff. I can completely understand players' frustration, and again I am not trying to stop people from doing that. If I resigned from my position tomorrow, my viewpoint would be the same. I have resigned in the past, and my viewpoint remained the same.

I'm not approaching this from a staff mentality, but as a fellow member of the community. Admins are human, they can only do so much - and they do work hard. Staff get to see the sheer influx of support tickets that have to be dealt with that players do not, so that may impact our viewpoint - but, as a player on a fairly big network, I'm sure it isn't hard to imagine yours is not the only issue to be resolved.
like you said, you have played as a mod and senior staff, of course when you resigned your viewpoint stayed the same, you know more of what happens behind the scenes than most if not all casual players.. im sure if i was to be staff for however long id see a different side to things like this but since normal players dont get to see that, we cant necessarily argue anything else unless its all speculation and what we would imagine it to be like as/for staff. i get what you are saying but i also dont see how you would be able to i guess relate to non staff players after you have been a staff member for a decent amount of time. im not saying admins dont work hard i was literally just pointing out the fact that they dont interact with the player base (apart from swrds) because someone was mentioning it earlier

Brinaa

Helper
Helper
Brinaa
Brinaa
Patron
Ratings
312 32
like you said, you have played as a mod and senior staff, of course when you resigned your viewpoint stayed the same, you know more of what happens behind the scenes than most if not all casual players.. im sure if i was to be staff for however long id see a different side to things like this but since normal players dont get to see that, we cant necessarily argue anything else unless its all speculation and what we would imagine it to be like as/for staff. i get what you are saying but i also dont see how you would be able to i guess relate to non staff players after you have been a staff member for a decent amount of time. im not saying admins dont work hard i was literally just pointing out the fact that they dont interact with the player base (apart from swrds) because someone was mentioning it earlier
If you were to read my paragraph from before you would see me (as a player not staff) basically said the same things as Hallow, therefore what they are saying about view points being the same even though they are a moderator shows through another player who is basically saying the same thing. :)

Im in no way saying your feelings are invalid but there is so much more that players do not see or sometimes don't understand and i think it would help your perspective more if you understood or even asked more about behind the scenes instead of just talking negative about things you have stated you don't fully understand.
Post automatically merged:

. im not saying admins dont work hard i was literally just pointing out the fact that they dont interact with the player base (apart from swrds) because someone was mentioning it earlier
tbh swrds doesn't interact as much as he used to since becoming admin hes been a lot more busy, and i feel thats a perfect example of how busy the admins are.

NEJIRE HADO

Forum God
ELITE
SHREK53
SHREK53
ELITE
Ratings
1,191 296

Forum God
ELITE
Dosah
Dosah
ELITE
Ratings
1,014 67
If you were to read my paragraph from before you would see me (as a player not staff) basically said the same things as Hallow, therefore what they are saying about view points being the same even though they are a moderator shows through another player who is basically saying the same thing. :)

Im in no way saying your feelings are invalid but there is so much more that players do not see or sometimes don't understand and i think it would help your perspective more if you understood or even asked more about behind the scenes instead of just talking negative about things you have stated you don't fully understand.
Post automatically merged:

sure you might be one of the few players that know a little more than others but i feel like there is almost definitely less players that have bts knowledge than players that do and im sure what you know is only a small part of everything that goes on but i could be wrong. you could also just be the type of person to defend staff at all costs who knows lmao

i definitely know more than enough to where i dont need to try find out more, id say im mostly mentioning about how the casual players that wont know anything other than how it is for them when they play and i feel like i have shown that i mean this plenty of times in my previous messages

tbh swrds doesn't interact as much as he used to since becoming admin hes been a lot more busy, and i feel thats a perfect example of how busy the admins are.
i feel like ive seen him be more interactive since he became admin tbh but ig he needs to be because he makes the crates but still

Hallowqueen

Olympus | Mod+
Moderator+
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod+
Ratings
2,324 82
thats cap a staff member tried leaking our ips manacube is not a safe environment
This ex-staff member has since been banned. Let's not drag up old situations that have been resolved.

NEJIRE HADO

Forum God
ELITE
SHREK53
SHREK53
ELITE
Ratings
1,191 296
Hello there i am a none biased player i agree with hallow completely

Status
Not open for further replies.