Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackBird552

VIP
BlackBird552
BlackBird552
VIP
Ratings
Hello! I've played your parkour and wanted to express my thoughts about it.

The build's theme is quite overused and doesn't impress much. There are a lot of maps already made with the theme you were going for, such as BiomesPK (but that map is a goof so we don't count that trololo). Your map also seems to lack a main build that the parkour can build itself out of, which makes it seem all over the place. If you wish to have your map accepted, you should come up with an idea for a map that hasn't been created yet!

The parkour is also quite boring and repetitive, with mainly focusing on block and ladder jumps. You should try using different block structures that can alter the gameplay of the parkour, such as slimes, heads, piston heads, flower pots, etc. There are places where you can just skip the parkour, and things like that should be patched up, that's why you get other people to playtest your map!

Overall Noah has put it nicely, that if this was 2014, the map would be accepted. Unfortunately that isn't the case now. If you want to build a map that has a higher chance of being accepted, I'd recommend looking up to maps that get accepted nowdays. That way you could get a more broad approach to making the main build, as well as the pk for it. I'll link a guide below that may help you out if you wish to continue. Thanks for submitting your map and happy building!

Map Making Guide: https://manacube.wiki/parkour/making-maps/parkour-maps

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Hi Pizza3741
Unfortunately your map is being rejected.

Your theme is unoriginal as there are already many biome maps suck as BiomesPK and FloatingBiomes. Feel free checking the parkour list and see if a theme as already been used here : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HEsY56U5nG0BIql-Ef8ZSBdNgXO-xD2h7g6J0v27t2Y/edit?usp=sharing (you can also ask other players/mappers if a theme has already been used)

The build looks quite bland due to a lack of detail, and doesn't have a main build.

The parkour is not executed well. It is too easy for a hard as well as lacking in variation. Feel free checking the map making guide BlackBird552 posted right above to find more information, and ask other players for testing !

Thanks for submitting your map (thanks sophiaaah for the message)

Status
Not open for further replies.