Rejected Map: Your Friend Daniel- Expert or harder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, My name is Daniel and this is my first Map I have ever made. It is a parkour Map where you have to defeat a friend or an Enemie, Daniel. It is pretty hard and there is only one Checkpoint but the whole Map is based on a story. It is not looking nice but it is worth to play on there because of the story and the most important are the jumps right? On the Screenshots you can not see the signs where the wohle Story is so it is better to see it in game. There are not a lot jumps but there is only one checkpoint and the jumps are mostly very hard.

I made the Map:
Username: DanielJung2007
Map name: Your Friend Daniel
I am new but I think you have to do: /plot visit DanielJung2007
Difficulty: I don't really know but I put it to expert but it can be changed however you want (might be even harder)
Number of Jumps : I can not count it because I don't know what is counted as a real jump but The Map is short I think but I am not sure
Ok, this it and once again I am new and I don't know if the Map is set on normal (survival, blocks are unbreakable, etc.), I still need to learn it but I hope it is ok and I can always change it however you want.
2021-02-14_18.01.57.png
2021-02-14_18.02.13.png
2021-02-14_18.02.36.png
2021-02-14_18.03.23.png
2021-02-14_18.03.35.png
2021-02-14_18.03.46.png
2021-02-14_18.03.55.png
2021-02-14_18.04.06.png
2021-02-14_18.04.46.png
2021-02-14_20.05.28.png

Attachments

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
First of all this map has no THEME.
second It is impossable to navagate and looks ugly. You also only have 3 types of blocks you use.
Also there is NOT anothe jumps to be a expert, and is only maybe a medium.
Im sorry to say but it is the worst pk I have everdone. With your barriers, and parts ltterly onpossable to do it just isn't fun at all.
Be nice be nice :(

Yeah, change the parkour, build, and make a theme please.

First of all this map has no THEME.
second It is impossable to navagate and looks ugly. You also only have 3 types of blocks you use.
Also there is NOT anothe jumps to be a expert, and is only maybe a medium.
Im sorry to say but it is the worst pk I have everdone. With your barriers, and parts ltterly onpossable to do it just isn't fun at all.
I am sorry, I will stop

49ersDude

Forum Expert
VIP+
49ersDude
49ersDude
VIP+
Ratings
95 10
sorry I didn't mean to be that way but the barriers r very anoying and I kinda rages from them.

frsz

Parkour Mod+ | Map Judge
PATRON+
frsz
frsz
Patron+
Ratings
265 7
I am sorry, I will stop
Hey, don't worry! You are new, and you'll work out quickly how map submissions work on manacube!

As mentioned before, maps need a proper theme, and while it may be a cute story, the build itself needs an actual theme.

And I haven't been able to look at the parkour, but if you said it was short, then it is probably not an expert, as experts are 80-100 jumps, and are difficult. Also, a lot of the parkour is floating, which isn't accepted on manacube anymore.

Nonetheless, this is your first map, so don't worry! You will improve and learn if you so wish to keep making maps!

If you ever want help, or have questions about map making/map submissions, I'm not a member of staff or a map judge, but I've been around a bit and I can totally help you! Message me on discord if you'd like (amyy #2914)

Have a good day! <3

elvany

VIP
oled000
oled000
VIP
Ratings
I think there's too many barriers - especially at the beginning, it's hard to tell where there is and isn't a barrier and I had to hold a barrier block throughout the map. This would be a problem for players as they can't see outlines of barriers. I'd suggest that for some parts of the map replacing them with a different block they can see or placing something like Redstone dust on top to indicate. Second, not much block variation, maybe try experimenting with different blocks. And as others have also said - there isn't much of a theme. However for a first map it is good :), these are just my thoughts and I could be incorrect.

Anacoustic

Forum Expert
ELITE
Anacoustic
Anacoustic
ELITE
Ratings
163 2
Hihi !

So a couple of things to mention-

I agree 100% with amy and elvany, the barriers are a little excessive and they're unmarked which is a little hard for other players to navigate. I also agree that there's not much block variation but there is an awesome post by caseyclosed that you can check out that explains block variation very well.

As amy mentioned as well, floating parkour is not accepted anymore so making a central build and building parkour off that is a really good way to make a good map.

Lastly, the difficulty that you put is not really up to the expert difficulty on manacube itself. You can check out the expert maps to see sort of what kind of difficulty is being looked for.

Thanks for the submission, can't wait to see what else you put out !
-Ana

Elly_x

Forum God
ELITE
Elly_x
Elly_x
ELITE
Ratings
557 20
Hello DanielJung2007,

I regret to inform you that your map is REJECTED.

There really isn't a THEME to your map. Make sure you create a map around a base theme. The theme could be a character from your favorite video game or a scene from your favorite movie.

The BUILD of your map is a problem. There really isn't a main build, it is just floating blocks and boxes. Next time try considering creating one main build with lots of depth and detail.

The PARKOUR fits the length of an expert map, so good job on that! The parkour is to easy through, it would fit better under a hard map. Your parkour is lacking variance, only things that are incorporated are regular jumps and barriers. To add more variance, try adding more jumps with unique blocks like pots, water, heads, vines, etc. The parkour is also a bit not enjoyable in places with unmarked barriers and path. Next time try using signs as a directional tool.

Thank you for taking the time to create a map, I hope to see more submissions from you in the future.
If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me on discord at Elly#5555
Elly

Status
Not open for further replies.