Name: Abandoned
Difficulty: Easy
Creators: PexonYT
Plot: /plot v PexonYT 2
Jumps: 48
Checkpoints: 3

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png

Dear Manacube-Serverteam,

I designed and built a Jump'n'Run-Map for Manacube more specifically the Minigame "PARKOURSE". I aimed for an easy map with a minimum of 48 jumps with the theme I've chosen: "Abandoned". From falling stones to overgrown and cracked buildings to an old tree rooted in a flying island. In terms of color, I opted for a gray, green and brown combination standing for the rotting. Map constructiontime approx. 3-4 hours solo.

I hope you like the map and it is usable. Thank you for your time and I look forward to a constructive criticism.

Sincerely yours
PexonYT (Samuel)

Chicken

Forum Expert
MVP
SoccerChicken50
SoccerChicken50
MVP
Ratings
172 1

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello, I'll be moving this to the proper subforum! As stated above, please use the parkour submissions subforum for your map submission next time!

Uneasilly // Sil

Forum Master
ELITE
Uneasilly
Uneasilly
ELITE
Ratings
522 6
Hey PexonYT!

I will give you my opinion on your map. I am not a map judge, so please not that my opinion doesn't affect if your map gets accepted or rejected.

- Theme: We already have several abandoned themed maps (AbandonedCave, AbandonedFactory), which makes the theme you chose slightly unorginal. Next time you make a map, make sure that the theme has not already been done: Click here for a list of the parkour maps with theme.
- Build: I think the build is lovely. It's very detailed and I can see that you put effort in it. However, it consists of floating islands, and maps with floating islands typically don't get accepted anymore. The build is pretty accurate to the theme, so good job on that!
- Parkour: The parkour could be better. It is quite repetitive, as you only used normal blocks, ladders and heads. Next time, try to use more different kinds of blocks such as water, slime, flowers to make the parkour more interesting to play! The length and parkour fits the difficulty decently.

Good luck, have a great day!
- Sil

Last edited:
Ratings
Dear Uneasily,
Thank you very much for taking your time and giving a feedback! I think I even saw you doing the parcour :D I'm curious what the judges will say. I'm going to take your point with the themes on my path! And thank you for the link to the doc file!
Thanks have a great day tooooo o.o
Sicerely PexonYT (Samuel)

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello PexonYT,

Unfortunately, I will be Rejecting your map.
The theme isn't very original, there are a few maps with similar themes, but none exactly like this.
The build is very good, it is overall very detailed, nice to look at, and build very well, so well done!
The parkour is quite repetitive, as you mainly used normal blocks, ladders and heads, I also found that they were grouped quite a lot. What I mean by this, is that you would have a sequence of just normal blocks, then just heads etc. Try to mix up your jumps a bit more throughout the map, as well as experimenting with a larger variety of blocks and items, as this will overall make your map more enjoyable to complete.
Quite a lot of the jumps were floating. Try to avoid having an excessive number of jumps floating over the void where possible, as this can sometimes make your map look a bit messy.
The difficulty is good for an easy map, but the length would probably be more suited to a medium map.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.