Minevast Staff Academy

What Prize would the Staff get?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ratings
So, when i am on my free time, I try to think of ways that Minevast can get better. But I had a very special idea that came into my mind yesterday. Its called Minevast Staff Academy.
What this does is teach Minevast people who have a good attitude and some staff recommend them, have a chance to learn how to be a responsible and effective staff member. Minevast would just get better and better with this idea. The amount of good staff would be unbelievably high and could make Minevast the best staff server in all of Minecraft.
How it Works: About 3-10 staff have a draft to train people for staff. The picks (first picks) would be randomized in a generator. When it is that person's turn, they will pick one person for there team. The amount of people on a team will be determined by the amount of eligible training people. There is a draft every year.
How will this be exciting: The person at the end of the month/year (depends) will get a special prize.
I hope you guys like my idea and please show some support! :D
Note:This is for all servers'. And I will get into detail if this idea gets some action in it.

Last edited:

Clineex

Donator
Get OP? noplz
some staff recommend them, have a chance to learn how to be a responsible and effective staff member
Okay, so let's all become staff's best friend! I hope they pick me!!!11!! pls I give you gems!!!
No. I can already see that, if you do not have a close connection with the staff members on the server, your chances of getting chosen are 20%. However, it's being noticed and it's the sad truth but yeah... The more you are in the public eye the more staff and players will notice you. Someone could be the best mod ever but never talk in chat, ruining his chances at getting picked.
About 3-10 staff have a draft to train people for staff. The amount of good staff would be unbelievably high and could make Minevast the best staff server in all of Minecraft.
This is entirely false. Do you really think you can learn how to be a good staff member? You can't. This is not mathematics, this is something a person either haves or doesn't.

On the servers I have had the honor to serve my time as staff, I realized that moderators are not only there to answer questions and catch hackers, contrarily to what many seem to believe. There are certain aspects that have the earmarks of being left out ; player interactions, time spent online, helpful characteristics, reputation, forum activity, etc.
How do you teach one to be active on the forums? You do not.
How do you teach someone to be active on the sever? You can't.
How do you improve someone's way of interacting with people? You simply can't

Sorry if this is very rude, but it's my opinion.

Aaron

Donator
Ratings
Get OP? noplz

Okay, so let's all become staff's best friend! I hope they pick me!!!11!! pls I give you gems!!!
No. I can already see that, if you do not have a close connection with the staff members on the server, your chances of getting chosen are 20%. However, it's being noticed and it's the sad truth but yeah... The more you are in the public eye the more staff and players will notice you. Someone could be the best mod ever but never talk in chat, ruining his chances at getting picked.

This is entirely false. Do you really think you can learn how to be a good staff member? You can't. This is not mathematics, this is something a person either haves or doesn't.

On the servers I have had the honor to serve my time as staff, I realized that moderators are not only there to answer questions and catch hackers, contrarily to what many seem to believe. There are certain aspects that have the earmarks of being left out ; player interactions, time spent online, helpful characteristics, reputation, forum activity, etc.
How do you teach one to be active on the forums? You do not.
How do you teach someone to be active on the sever? You can't.
How do you improve someone's way of interacting with people? You simply can't

Sorry if this is very rude, but it's my opinion.
I totally disagree, you can learn to be a good staff member. It's not all about knowledge of the server or how well you know people.. There is a lot of skills required... Communication, English, Languages... etc.

Clineex

Donator
I totally disagree, you can learn to be a good staff member. It's not all about knowledge of the server or how well you know people.. There is a lot of skills required... Communication, English, Languages... etc.
Haha. I think you should consider re-reading my post. If you don't understand it, don't reply to it.
And in the circumstance, I highly doubt any staff member would work on someone's english, just for them to be a good staff member in the future. That's a lot of trouble for so little. If someone does not have the english capacity or language to be a good staff member, they shouldn't even get picked to begin with.
how2communicate?
how2beAaron?

Ratings
Haha. I think you should consider re-reading my post. If you don't understand it, don't reply to it.
And in the circumstance, I highly doubt any staff member would work on someone's english, just for them to be a good staff member in the future. That's a lot of trouble for so little. If someone does not have the english capacity or language to be a good staff member, they shouldn't even get picked to begin with.
how2communicate?
how2beAaron?
What if they are from another country and/or don't have a great vocabulary (Example: TimGame:sleepy:)

Clineex

Donator
What if they are from another country and/or don't have a great vocabulary (Example: TimGame:sleepy:)
Shall we take me as an example?
Le français est ma language maternelle. J'apprends l'anglais, ce n'est pas facile, mais j'arrive tout de même à me débrouiller. Ceci est une excuse merdique, mais bon.

roseweisse

Donator
Ratings
I don't understand why we have to be so mean about someones generous suggestion, I don't completely agree with the idea but theres no need to shoot it down so harshly c:

Mariomash1VG

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
47 11
@TimGamezz <3
I would have to disagree, staff wont have the time to moderate and still run the thing. sorry piglet, but i dont think this will work.

IsaacM13

Donator
Ratings
11 1
I hate to say while this sounds fun at least in words, it might not work so well in-game. Just my option, not trying to be mean :c