Muted for miscommunication

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
3 1
So today i was muted for 15 mins (Ik its not long but thats no the point) by Gappeled because i called him a ******. Now some people my know that i am from the United Kingdom and that we have 2 meanings to the word "******".

1. BRITISH
    a ball or roll of seasoned chopped liver, baked or fried
  2. BRITISH
    a bundle of sticks bound together as fuel.
    • a bundle of iron rods bound together for reheating, welding, and hammering into bars.
  3. NORTH AMERICA
    informal offensive
    a male homosexual.

As you can see there are 3 and counting meanings of this term and i only knew the two. I now know that it is a homophobic term and am sorry for that reason. But i only know the term as a food term.

Matthew794

Donator
Ratings
28 4
So today i was muted for 15 mins (Ik its not long but thats no the point) by Gappeled because i called him a ******. Now some people my know that i am from the United Kingdom and that we have 2 meanings to the word "******".

1. BRITISH
    a ball or roll of seasoned chopped liver, baked or fried
  2. BRITISH
    a bundle of sticks bound together as fuel.
    • a bundle of iron rods bound together for reheating, welding, and hammering into bars.
  3. NORTH AMERICA
    informal offensive
    a male homosexual.

As you can see there are 3 and counting meanings of this term and i only knew the two. I now know that it is a homophobic term and am sorry for that reason. But i only know the term as a food term.
I really don't see why you would call him chopped liver or iron rods bounded together.

TBH you deserve a mute, I can sense an excuse when I see one.

TANTOS007

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
58 9
It's obvious that you called him the 3rd meaning because you were mad at him.

Aki_Ji

Donator
Ratings
43 4
I really don't see why you would call him chopped liver or iron rods bounded together.

TBH you deserve a mute, I can sense an excuse when I see one.
How about fuck you? You don't know our culture. As a British, I know that '******' to me and most others doesn't mean a male homosexual. That is ridiculous. Don't be so fucking arrogant.
He called him a fucking roll. What's wrong with that?
And you can't say shit like 'I can't see why you'd call him soandso'.
I've been known to call people rascals, chopsticks, ham sandwiches, and sausage rolls. If you think you know our story, you don't. Use your brain. Clear staff abuse. Demote please.

Meeser

MVP+
JahsehBlockfroy
JahsehBlockfroy
MVP+
Ratings
How about fuck you? You don't know our culture. As a British, I know that '******' to me and most others doesn't mean a male homosexual. That is ridiculous. Don't be so fucking arrogant.
He called him a fucking roll. What's wrong with that?
And you can't say shit like 'I can't see why you'd call him soandso'.
I've been known to call people rascals, chopsticks, ham sandwiches, and sausage rolls. If you think you know our story, you don't. Use your brain. Clear staff abuse. Demote please.
This post seems a little hypocritical; allow for me to explain.
When you mentioned that Gappeled many not know your culture, and that MrSquiggles calling him a '******' was meant as a bundle of iron rods, or any other example, it is going against itself. Since Gappeled is of a different culture, to him it's an offensive term towards Homosexual Males, not the mentioned bundle of iron rods, so it could've easily been misread, as stated in the title of the thread. A response of that nature was not needed, nor is Gappeled's demotion.

~Meeser

Dynsalir

Admin | Staff Manager
Admin
Ratings
509 21
This thread is absolutely ridiculous, of course you knew that it meant "******" with a homosexual connotation and that was the intended use, or you were trying to be clever and it didn't work out too well for you. In almost every English speaking country the population know that the word "******" is used to refer to a homosexual, lets not play dumb and pretend England is different when its not.

As a British, I know that '******' to me and most others doesn't mean a male homosexual. That is ridiculous. Don't be so fucking arrogant.
Aki, lets not post bullshit around my forums. I'm (Northern) Irish and I've been to, and have plenty of friends in, England and the term "******" referring to homosexuals is thrown around so much. So please don't sit here and say that you always assume when someone says "******" they mean something other than a homosexual, the other uses of the word are actually few and far between.

Also you'll be warned for your use of overly offensive and unneeded language, as per the forum rules.

//locked

Status
Not open for further replies.