New KitPvP Rule?

Despair / Capo

Donator
Ratings
52 2
IGN: WintersEnd
Suggestion: My suggestion is that we add a rule of "No Hackusating". Hackusating is completely pointless as, when someone accuses someone else of hacking in chat, the possible hacker could already turn their hacks off and never get banned. My suggestion is to also mute those for 5-15 mins for hackusating so that more hackers get banned in general. (This could also be server-wide).

SunsetMagic

Forum Master
ELITE
SunsetMagic
SunsetMagic
ELITE
Ratings
1,145 45
At the moment hackusating isn't completely allowed and if a person continually hackusates they will be warned and then eventually muted for a short period.
However, hackusating doesn't get a quick mute like you suggest.
I understand that hackusating is incredibly annoying, espically when people repeatively aim it towards you. And when people hackusate I agree it's very frustrating because it gives the hacker a chance to turn their hacks off and therefore they cannot be caught and banned for hacking.
Maybe hackusating should have a stronger punishment like you suggest. However, on the other side of the argument players hackusate because they forget they can /report. It would be a little unfair if these players were muted straight away.
In the future just tell those who call you out for hacks to /report you. This does not harm you and does not mean you will get banned unless you are hacking.
This would apply to players calling out other players too. Moreover, Gary is pretty good and usually warns about /report instead of hackusating.

Last edited:

Despair / Capo

Donator
Ratings
52 2
At the moment hackusating isn't completely allowed and if a person continually hackusates they will be warned and then eventually muted for a short period.
I understand that hackusating is incredibly annoying, espically when people repeatively aim it towards you. And when people hackusate I agree it's very frustrating because it gives the hacker a chance to turn their hacks off and therefore they cannot be caught and banned for hacking.
Maybe hackusating should have a stronger punishment like you suggest. However, on the other side of the argument players hackusate because they forget they can /report. It would be a little unfair if these players were muted straight away.
In the future just tell those who call you out for hacks to /report you. This does not harm you and does not mean you will get banned unless you are hacking.
This would apply to players calling out other players too. Moreover, Gary is pretty good and usually warns about /report instead of hackusating.
Yes, I do also understand this but I have had multiple instances where a few players were hackusating another player, I kindly asked them to stop and use /report , all they did was start to cuss and swear at me and tell me they didn't care, *cough* @Rocky702 *cough*. I do think they should be warned only once, then muted for 5 minutes, and if they keep on hackusating, doubling the mute time each time.
EDIT: I am usually not talking about myself in this thread.

Tenshi

Forum Legend
VIP+
Ratings
949 86
Adding a stronger punishment than a short mute or 1 warning would be effective. Most toxic players would abuse /report if someone other than staff tells them to use it. For example.
Capo: oh look at that little bitch, hacking with those lovely reach
Tenshi: Just use /report
Capo: shut up your bitch ass ill ban you you hacker
Capo: /report Tenshi being a bitch ass with those dank ass hacks ban him

Ahem. ( No Offense to you Capo, Just an example )

But things like this happen all the time. *cough* Kindful Vizify Joyful Jinxful *cough*
There should be quicker and better rules for hackusations when its leads to reports like that.

ChocBar

Admin | Staff Manager
Admin
ChocBar
ChocBar
Admin
Ratings
1,309 41
Most toxic players would abuse /report if someone other than staff tells them to use it.
No. People who abuse helpop are warned, kicked and temp banned. Helpop abuse is not something players should be concerned about.

I warn hackusaters once in chat and usually explain that accusing in chat just gives hackers time to turn them off before we can check them. If the hackusaters continue I use /warn. If they keep going I mute for 30 minutes. Very few players make it to the point of getting muted for hackusating. If a player, has been told hackusating is against the rules and continues, just /report them or send screenshots in a player report and they will be dealt with.

Most regular players figure out that if they want the hackers gone they should use /report or record the players. Recording and using the forums to report the player is best, because most hackers know to turn them off when SunsetMagic, Tywone, or other staff login.

The players who announce and say hi to staff when they are in vanish are part of the problem as well. If I come on to watch a hacker and players start telling me to turn off vanish so they can message me, the hackers know I'm staff and turn off their hacks.

Also realize that if you use /report when no staff are on line, we will not see the report later to deal with it. Staff must be online to see the /helpop or /report messages. You can use /staff to see who is online. Just realize that we may be dealing with hackers, griefers, or other issues and may not be able to respond right away.

Using free recording software and filing reports on the forums is the best option if staff are not online, and sometimes even when staff are online. :rolleyes:

Getting rid of hackers is much easier when players work with staff. And several do a great job of this.