Parkour: "Hall Of Skill" - Skill-Level Above Insane.

Zim

Ratings
"The Hall Of Skill" Would be literally be a huge hall, containing the hardest maps.

Some maps, like Simpsons, are too hard to even count as Insane maps compared to other maps in the same skill-level. They should have their own prize bracket due to this. Or if you think they barely still count as the same difficulty?

Here's a similar twist on this idea: Perhaps we make even harder maps, seemingly impossible maps would belong in this new hall of skill? A section that seemingly nobody would be able to beat, but it's still there to strive for beating. Providing a reward worthy of the attained consistency? Imagine several of the hardest jumps in the game, in succession of each other, without a checkpoint in-between. That's what I mean. If only a select few people could beat em, they could have their names somewhere on the hall of skill besides the map. The option to attain the ultimate greatness of a parkour feat should to be there, waiting to be attained one day, by some insane parkourist to be put down in the history books. It is possible to make. We just need somebody to beat it. So why not leave that opportunity open for fate to decide?

What do you think? Has this been thought about before? Let me know. Lazy rendition of my visualization attached.

Attachments

caleb!

Dedicated Member
ELITE
imageyser
imageyser
ELITE
Ratings
251 8
This idea has been thought of before, yes. The fact is, the insane maps are supposed to fit this difficulty. What is the point of a map if only 3 people can do it? Also, what would the mana reward be? MVP+ and Elite already get 400 mana from an insane map. I feel like this is unnecessary because insane maps are already exceedingly difficult and many people cannot even complete one. Also, I feel like the specific name you have chosen, "hall of skill," doesn't fit with the other difficulty names, because they are one-word adjectives. While I appreciate this idea, I am not in favor of it.

Zim

Ratings
I appreciate your response.

The point of it would be to fulfull the last section of difficulty: The truly impossible maps, yet technically possible. It's a difficulty that should exist, if only just in a scarce amount, so that the full spectrum of skill is covered to be played. It's like how the creator of Tetris didn't intend for anybody to actually get as far in the game as they did. I personally only see it as a positive to leave at least one ridiculously hard map, with a different reward tier, with more graphic/build/lore hype around it than just "this map is in insane too".

And I just like the idea of a hall of insane maps, thematically presented as if it's made for true legends, legends only. Cause that's basically what it would be. Like the Breath of the wild trials made for Link. But if it doesn't fit into the design theme, that's too bad. I don't see how it would take up too much space being it's own thing, if not being a new difficulty tier.

If we never provide the option to attain greatness in this form, the opportunity of seeing somebody actually beating it will never arise. I think providing this opportunity is enough for entertainment and mystery alone. And a hope. I think that would provide quite a lot of depth to the server, more than being just a standalone thing. Especially considering this might actually be the last good/popular pure parkour servers in Minecraft (not like housing in hypixel, which is presented more like a custom made minigame). We should have the flexibility to show all possibilities on this server.

As said, I see few to none downsides to this idea if executed correctly, and a terrific upside.

The prize for this can be decided once the actual idea is implemented, as it would be easier to figure out then. But perhaps a unique title from doing something like this woule be another cool addition. But that's another decision to be made that is less relevant to handle here.

Last edited:

Presidenten

Forum Master
ELITE
Hampifant
Hampifant
ELITE
Ratings
521 13
I feel like I repeat myself alot, but manacube parkour isn't about skill and will probably never be. The reason behind this is all the players, all the perks and all the items you can obtain. Manacube is a place for beginners of parkour, that's one reason why the server is so big; it's friendly for new players thanks to all the easy maps and boosters. Everyone in this community have used speed and are common with ender pearls and jump boost. Thanks to this, it makes them bad at parkour. You can see a several prestige player struggle on a champion map. Because they do not have the speed.

There are only a few selected people in the manacube community that can complete all insanes in challenge mode which is the hardest thing you can do on here and I only know one person that actually have done it, and we don't even know who because challenge mode doesn't give you any unique reward at all. I prefer skill over grind when it comes to manacube and am on of those who completes maps in challenge mode. But there are 10-20 other parkour servers which focus on skill instead, so I don't see a point in adding something too skill based to manacube if no one in the community can't even be close to complete it without using speed, jump boost and enderpearls.

I personally don't mind it, but I think it's the wrong server for this. I would just suggest playing on one of the other parkour servers which focus on skill instead.

Zim

Ratings
I feel like I repeat myself alot, but manacube parkour isn't about skill and will probably never be. The reason behind this is all the players, all the perks and all the items you can obtain. Manacube is a place for beginners of parkour, that's one reason why the server is so big; it's friendly for new players thanks to all the easy maps and boosters. Everyone in this community have used speed and are common with ender pearls and jump boost. Thanks to this, it makes them bad at parkour. You can see a several prestige player struggle on a champion map. Because they do not have the speed.

There are only a few selected people in the manacube community that can complete all insanes in challenge mode which is the hardest thing you can do on here and I only know one person that actually have done it, and we don't even know who because challenge mode doesn't give you any unique reward at all. I prefer skill over grind when it comes to manacube and am on of those who completes maps in challenge mode. But there are 10-20 other parkour servers which focus on skill instead, so I don't see a point in adding something too skill based to manacube if no one in the community can't even be close to complete it without using speed, jump boost and enderpearls.

I personally don't mind it, but I think it's the wrong server for this. I would just suggest playing on one of the other parkour servers which focus on skill instead.
What other parkour servers are as big as this one? I've been looking a bit and I still haven't found one that is remotely as popular.

Also, I don't think adding more content would make people leave the server. It can be both easy and hard. I don't see why you would ignore a certain difficulty entirely when that's the point of the game. I see it as common sense to add it, especially after finding the same idea immediately on a random server I went on.

I think decisions like these would make people like me stay on it and not play on less popular servers with good decisions similar to this having been made.

I just visited another server and ranks and cosmetics were not from a grind promoted by money, they were purely skill to earn. But I understand from an owner's perspective that money is nice to have. But yeah, not implementing a certain level of direct skill to showoff representation and not just grind with money to multiply your income is more enjoyable. I'm not putting in 2x more hours to earn the same amount of points as somebody wasting their money on virtual respect. Just cause most people are not like me who don't just idly ignore stuff that isn't as enjoyable as it could be, it doesn't make it good to ignore good decisions like these.

But yeah, thanks for the reply and it's nice you'd not mind having it on the server. This reply is more incoherent in what it's point is than the others, I'm lazy right now.

Last edited:

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
I feel like I've already reiterated this a few times on the forums in the past month or two, but here we go again! I'm glad this discussion is progressing pretty maturely so far :)

Personally, I'm not opposed to adding more difficult parkour or singular more technical jumps gradually over time. But the thing is, there are already quite a few insane maps that cater more toward the technically advanced and knowledgeable parkour player. They are challenging, but nothing in a very long time has come close to topping the difficulty that TheSimpsons provides. Well, let's talk about why TheSimpsons is so difficult, first of all...
There's a great difference between truly technical and difficult parkour and something I like to call "artificial difficulty". I would say TheSimpsons is artificially difficult. Granted, some of the jumps that appear in TheSimpsons are technically challenging. But it's more of a hard jump vomit map. One jump after another that are somewhat difficult that can have improper set ups are more mentally taxing, especially on a seasoned parkour player. That's what makes TheSimpsons a difficult map, not necessarily the fact you need a lot of technical skills.
I would argue that you can complete most maps on ManaCube knowing how to use force momentum, and...that's pretty much it. The rest is just putting the time in and being persistent. The parkour on Mana doesn't involve any of the number games that you may find on dedicated, parkour-only rank up servers. As Presidenten said, that's not really what ManaCube is about.
I think adding maps any more difficult in the sense you are talking about, such as TheSimpsons, would be unfun for most players. Considering the average player on ManaCube struggles on a medium or hard map, the Hall that you speak of would really only be accessible or even remotely fun to a very, very slim number of people. And, if the difficulty is artificial such as that of TheSimpsons, it sadly wouldn't bring in any of the dedicated parkour players that aren't already here.
If there is anything I would want us to have on our Parkour server that we don't already have, it would be rankup parkour that is purely skill. No pots, no pearls, no peg boots. But I've mentioned this before elsewhere!

Zim

Ratings
I feel like I've already reiterated this a few times on the forums in the past month or two, but here we go again! I'm glad this discussion is progressing pretty maturely so far :)

Personally, I'm not opposed to adding more difficult parkour or singular more technical jumps gradually over time. But the thing is, there are already quite a few insane maps that cater more toward the technically advanced and knowledgeable parkour player. They are challenging, but nothing in a very long time has come close to topping the difficulty that TheSimpsons provides. Well, let's talk about why TheSimpsons is so difficult, first of all...
There's a great difference between truly technical and difficult parkour and something I like to call "artificial difficulty". I would say TheSimpsons is artificially difficult. Granted, some of the jumps that appear in TheSimpsons are technically challenging. But it's more of a hard jump vomit map. One jump after another that are somewhat difficult that can have improper set ups are more mentally taxing, especially on a seasoned parkour player. That's what makes TheSimpsons a difficult map, not necessarily the fact you need a lot of technical skills.
I would argue that you can complete most maps on ManaCube knowing how to use force momentum, and...that's pretty much it. The rest is just putting the time in and being persistent. The parkour on Mana doesn't involve any of the number games that you may find on dedicated, parkour-only rank up servers. As Presidenten said, that's not really what ManaCube is about.
I think adding maps any more difficult in the sense you are talking about, such as TheSimpsons, would be unfun for most players. Considering the average player on ManaCube struggles on a medium or hard map, the Hall that you speak of would really only be accessible or even remotely fun to a very, very slim number of people. And, if the difficulty is artificial such as that of TheSimpsons, it sadly wouldn't bring in any of the dedicated parkour players that aren't already here.
If there is anything I would want us to have on our Parkour server that we don't already have, it would be rankup parkour that is purely skill. No pots, no pearls, no peg boots. But I've mentioned this before elsewhere!
Thanks for the edification! I appreciate the consideration. And if it is how I see it, yeah, rankup parkour that is purely skill would be something I would enjoy and appreciate. I've been thinking about that too, recently.

Presidenten

Forum Master
ELITE
Hampifant
Hampifant
ELITE
Ratings
521 13
What other parkour servers are as big as this one? I've been looking a bit and I still haven't found one that is remotely as popular.

Also, I don't think adding more content would make people leave the server. It can be both easy and hard. I don't see why you would ignore a certain difficulty entirely when that's the point of the game. I see it as common sense to add it, especially after finding the same idea immediately on a random server I went on.

I think decisions like these would make people like me stay on it and not play on less popular servers with good decisions similar to this having been made.

I just visited another server and ranks and cosmetics were not from a grind promoted by money, they were purely skill to earn. But I understand from an owner's perspective that money is nice to have. But yeah, not implementing a certain level of direct skill to showoff representation and not just grind with money to multiply your income is more enjoyable. I'm not putting in 2x more hours to earn the same amount of points as somebody wasting their money on virtual respect. Just cause most people are not like me who don't just idly ignore stuff that isn't as enjoyable as it could be, it doesn't make it good to ignore good decisions like these.

But yeah, thanks for the reply and it's nice you'd not mind having it on the server. This reply is more incoherent in what it's point
No server is as big as manacube because no server is as friendly for beginners. What I mean is that manacube is one of the few parkour servers that don't offer much difficulty aside from challenge mode. The other servers I said is for those who wants a challenge harder than manacube, and therefore aren't getting as many players (between 0-100).

The idea itself is good but I don't think it can be executed well on this server. In order for manacube to eliminate other parkour servers and get all the players we need to have much more parkour and modes. (Rankup, hallway, onejumps, parkour maker) As they are the most popular modes in the parkour community, and the reason why manacube isn't popular in the tryhard parkour community is because it is too easy and missing all modes above. I also think a parkour server better for beginners and bad players is needed, and manacube is suitable for that. Therefore it shouldn't be that difficult.

When it comes to cosmetics and rewards there is one simple reason why all of them are locked behind a paywall. Dacon makes a living off manacube, which means he has to earn money in one way or another. The only cosmetic you could get from skill was the jumper tag, which is now gone with the broken spawn parkour. I am totally with you here, getting stuff based on skill would be sick, such as completing all insane maps in challenge mode, getting an x amout of wr or complete champ maps in x amount of time.

I hope you understand that I'm personally not against your idea, it's just that I find it to be useless on manacube.