Rejected [Parkour Submission] The Sawmill (Medium)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Hello, It is my second try at creating a parkour map. I took in consideration all the advices i had from my first submission.
This time, i've been inspired by the sawmill industry and all its machinery.

Have fun trying it :)
  • Username : Psou
  • Map name : The Sawmill
  • Photos of your Parkour :
Saw3.png

Saw4.png

• Warp to the plot : /plot v Psou
  • Difficulty : Medium
  • Number of jumps : ~ 42

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello Psou,

I am sorry to say this map is being rejected. However, I would like to recommend that you submit this again after making some changes to the parkour! The theme is original, we have no Sawmill maps. I would say that the map is built accurately, it is clear that this is a saw mill. I would've liked to see more details on the floors and exterior, but the build is otherwise nice!

The parkour is the main issue with this map. The difficulty is okay, I think it's a bit on the easier side for a medium, but this is partly because the parkour is not varied or mixed at all. The jumps are almost all normal or slab jumps, with a few different blocks used only once or twice (like the chests). I would love it if you could revise the parkour so that there is more block variety throughout the map! If you need examples of what varied and mixed parkour looks like, you can look at the Accepted maps subforum or /warp beta on the server.

Thanks for submitting this map! If you need any help with revising the parkour, I would be happy to do so. Message me in-game if you see me, or on Discord if you do end up wanting help! Hope to see more maps from you soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.