Rejected PortalPK [Hard]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supagamer900

Donator
Ratings
11 2
You wake up and hear a voice "Hello my name is GLaDOS."
This PK is my 3rd submitted and has to do with one of the greatest video games of all time Portal.
Ranked Hard with 52 Jumps you can get to this PK by typing in /warp PortalPK.
This has an epic story line and PK everything you would ever want.
2015-08-08_14.32.17.png
2015-08-08_14.32.58.png
2015-08-08_14.33.23.png
2015-08-08_14.33.35.png

Billybo10000

Forum Master
Donator
Ratings
169 8
Sadly your map has been rejected!

Reasons for this include:

• The map feels far too confined, given the theme. You are playing with portals, yet it doesn't feel like the actual portals hold any prominence in the map itself. There was a bad element of claustrophobia that you just don't get when playing the actual games. Rooms need to be larger and the parkour needs to be more complex and puzzling.
  • Your portrayal of Glados was rather bizzare... She doesn't say "Heh" ever in any of the games. Before you choose to use a character's voice, figure out their speech patterns first. It adds to the illusion of the map.
  • Picking which direction to go with the Companion Cubes is useless since going right takes you where you need to go much quicker than the left path, meaning the left path literally doesn't need to be there. Optional paths only work if both paths are equal to each other in difficulty, otherwise it becomes a shortcut and ultimately that actual way to go.
  • Far too much cake spam at the end. I understand that the meme was overdone on the internet, but there are many more classier ways to play up a meme than to spam a room with cake.
  • The parkour was not long enough or hard enough to be a hard difficulty parkour.
~ Billy

Status
Not open for further replies.