Prison Updates - Olympus

Dynsalir

Admin | Staff Manager
Admin
Ratings
509 21
Greetings fellow Olympians,

Lets talk about Prison some more. Yesterday Dacon and I were talking about what else we should do to Prison to bring more flavor to it. While bouncing around ideas we thought "why not completely change the theme of the server[?]" and after some discussion we decided that a great theme would be Greek Mythology and Gods. A lot of you are probably wondering what this mean for the features of Prison and its release date.

Your journey began on that one fateful day, when Hercules came to your village seeking help. You did not know that he was seeking you, how could you? You were just a lowly farm worker, you had nothing to offer the Demigod so you continued working.

Shortly after Hercules approached you accompanied by his gallant steed Pegasus, you had never seen such a horse before in all your life. While you stared at the Demigod in awe he finally spoke up "You there, you're the one I'm looking for! Can you help me?", you weren't prepared for what came next...

Lets start with the good news - the new features that this theme brings;
  • New spawn
    • Mount Olympus. You work your way up the ranks to reach Olympus at the top.
  • New prison mines
    • Set in unique locations.
  • New prison rank names
    • You're working your way up to become a God so it wont be standard "A" - "Z".
  • PvP arena
    • Will be located in the Underworld.
  • Challenge system
    • Once you have the rank-up money you then need to complete a challenge to rank-up and get unique gear. Challenges could be:
      • Parkour
      • Quest
      • Dungeon/Boss Fight
      • Complete a maze
      • Much more.
  • "Gifts of the Gods"
    • Unique items that you get by completing challenges. These items all have their own special ability and are stored in a backpack.
      • You're unable to trade, sell and drop these items. They're soul-bound.
  • Quest lines
    • Like saving Prometheus from the wrath of Zeus.
    • Slaying one of the Gorgon sisters.
  • So much more
The bad news is that it will need to be delayed further. This is due to the need of new mines, pvp arena and spawn which all have to be custom built by our build team, goCreative. Because we want the best quality from our builds this will probably push us back a month or so. However, this gives us all the time needed to implement all these new features and have everything polished for you guys.

All the features listed in my previous post, "Lets talk about prison...", will still be in effect just tweaked slightly to meet the new theme. If you havent read that post already then you can read it in the spoiler below.

Attention Prisoners,

So as many of you know, our Prison has fallen into disarray and we've been ignoring it for a while now... this is all about to change. We've decided to completely revamp the system and convert Prison into an OP Prison, which some of you many be thrilled about.

I will be spearheading this project with the help from a good friend, Utes. @Utes will be our new Prison Admin and will be managing the server for us. What this revamp includes is a complete reset of your ranks, money, plots and everything else that you hold dear. This will be released within the new two weeks, so put it in your calendars!

Below are a list of things that you can expect to see in the new OP Prison;

• New kits
  • Some new mines
  • PvPing areas around the prison
  • Hidden activities
  • Quests/jobs
  • Dungeons - prison related
  • Custom mobs/bosses and loot
  • Custom enchantments
  • Cool donor features
  • Cool voting rewards
  • Key crates
  • Gang System - including gang wars
  • > And so much more
If you would like to suggest anything that you wish to see in our new Prison server then just leave it below in a comment.

I'll be updating this thread every couple of days to include images of anything new to keep you all updated on the process.

Your not-so-loving Warden,
Dylan. <3

Updates:
Some images of Spawn http://imgur.com/a/r6JMq#0

Last edited:

Billybo10000

Forum Master
Donator
Ratings
169 8
As one of the biggest fans of Greek Mythology ever... I APPROVE! YES! JUST ALL OF MY YES!

Also, which god is the one with the orange background on the poster? I know all the others, but that one alludes me... (Ignore that... I realized...)

Last edited:

Arckrai

Forum Expert
Ratings
128 2
I'm a big fan of greek mythology.
Can't wait to see this in action. :)

Billybo1000
I guess you the orange is Artemis?

Last edited:

Dynsalir

Admin | Staff Manager
Admin
Ratings
509 21
Is that Apollo? Just my guess. ^w^
Yup, it is :)

@Dynsalir , can you give us some information on the kits?
Sure I can tease a kit. This might be one of them, who knows.*
  • - 1x Diamond Pickaxe w/ Efficiency 65, Fortune 15, Unbreaking 65, Explosive 10

• - 1x Diamond Helmet w/ Protection 2, Unbreaking 2, Fire Protection 2

• - 1x Diamond Chestplate w/ Protection 2, Unbreaking 2, Fire Protection 2

• - 1x Diamond Leggings w/ Protection 2, Unbreaking 2, Fire Protection 2

• - 1x Diamond Boots w/ Protection 2, Unbreaking 2, Fire Protection 2

• - 1x Diamond Sword w/ Sharpness 2, Fire Aspect 2, Knockback 1, Unbreaking 2
*Subject to change

And there will be ways for you to easily upgrade your enchanted armor/items using exp that you get from mining.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheechmoted

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
284 38
YES

Can you give an estimate of when this lovely update will come?

@Dynsalir best b-day present ever.
I love Mythology
Anyone else besides me read The Oddesey?

Hmm I wonder what god I will be choosing... Probably Poseidon or Ares, my two favorite.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaTNTBoy

Dedicated Member
VIP
6YearOld
6YearOld
VIP
Ratings
53 10
I am Zedous the god of running out of
toilet paper
FEAR MEEEEEE

Billybo10000

Forum Master
Donator
Ratings
169 8
Still not sure who I'd worship... The obvious one would be Poseidon since I'm a Mudkip and he's the god of the seas and water... Then again, I always had a soft spot for Athena and Artemis... Really sad we don't get Dionysus, God of Wine, that would have been a party all of it's own xD

Camyoo

VIP
Camyooo
Camyooo
VIP
Ratings
8 1
Wow, this is going to be awesome Sadly :( I always get extremely addicted to prison So I'll be on 24/7 basically I'll be god soon :D

Tenshi

Forum Legend
VIP+
Ratings
949 86
Sure I can tease a kit. This might be one of them, who knows.*
  • - 1x Diamond Pickaxe w/ Efficiency 65, Fortune 15, Unbreaking 65, Explosive 10

• - 1x Diamond Helmet w/ Protection 2, Unbreaking 2, Fire Protection 2

• - 1x Diamond Chestplate w/ Protection 2, Unbreaking 2, Fire Protection 2

• - 1x Diamond Leggings w/ Protection 2, Unbreaking 2, Fire Protection 2

• - 1x Diamond Boots w/ Protection 2, Unbreaking 2, Fire Protection 2

• - 1x Diamond Sword w/ Sharpness 2, Fire Aspect 2, Knockback 1, Unbreaking 2
*Subject to change

And there will be ways for you to easily upgrade your enchanted armor/items using exp that you get from mining
I know that Im either picking Hades (For myself) Or Artemis for Tenshi. And thanks for that kit spoiler @Dynsalir , I cant wait to see what the other kits will be and to see how well this prison turns out! :D

Dacon

Owner
OWNER
xDacon
xDacon
Owner
Ratings
4,749 83
Still not sure who I'd worship... The obvious one would be Poseidon since I'm a Mudkip and he's the god of the seas and water... Then again, I always had a soft spot for Athena and Artemis... Really sad we don't get Dionysus, God of Wine, that would have been a party all of it's own xD
We will have almost all the Gods (Not to worship, but as part of the quest line/rewards)
Tiny sneak peak:

Dynsalir

Admin | Staff Manager
Admin
Ratings
509 21
a deity system where you choose a god to worship and you have special powers under that god.
I know that Im either picking Hades (For myself) Or Artemis for Tenshi.
Still not sure who I'd worship... The obvious one would be Poseidon
Yes, we're currently talking about the best way to incorporate a deity system so that you're able to receive small boosts under certain Gods.

Really sad we don't get Dionysus, God of Wine, that would have been a party all of it's own xD
Worry not, while you're only able to worship the Twelve Olympians, you will be able to receive items from a lot of other Gods too under "Gifts of the Gods" which also grant special abilities.