Forum Expert
MVP
SoccerChicken50
SoccerChicken50
MVP
Ratings
172 1
Hello SoccerChicken and Minester!
I am here to give you my review of the map! Please remember that I am not a map judge and my opinion has no effect on whether the map gets accepted or not, I'm just trying to give helpful advice!

Firstly I think the theme is EXCELLENT. There definitely isn't a map about a pufferfish superhero and it requires quite the imagination to think of an idea like this. Amazing work on the theme!
Secondly the build of your map is GOOD. It definitely does look like a pufferfish superhero and it is really detailed! It's quite visible that a lot of effort went into this map's build! My only beef is that the head looks quite small compared to the actual character's body but this might just be a builder's take and not really "an issue"
Lastly the parkour of your map is OKAY. It mostly fit a hard map's difficulty, was of appropriate length, had enough checkpoints and was somewhat varied as well! However I feel like the parkour could be a little more varied at parts with different jumps and elements to the parkour. I also find the difficulty to be somewhat inconsistent, the part with the water and the part before that with the corner jumps as an example are much harder than the rest of the map. There's also one shortcut on the cape that needs to be fixed! (There might be more of course!) I have marked the correct path with a green color and the skip path with a black color. View attachment 30208

Good luck! :D
Hey gamers, thank so much for the feedback. It means a lot. We’ll get to fixing that skip. However, we’ll await the judges decision to see what they think of the map before any changes are made. We’ll definitely take the advice into consideration next time.
Thank you so much :)

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Hello SoccerChicken! Unfortunately, I will be rejecting your map.

The parkour is well-varied and the length is pretty good for a hard, but it's overall far too easy, more suited for an easy or medium map in most spots (except for the wall/vine jump and carpet/brewing stand jumps near the back, which appear to be impossible?). There are also a few obvious small skips (if you have trouble finding them, let me know), although I see you've patched the larger ones.

The build is well-done; it clearly fits the theme and is well-shaped, with a good and unique (if slightly odd) block variation.

The theme is original, as we don't have any pufferfish maps (although we have a few maps based on other fish/animals, they don't look very similar).

Thank you for submitting, and feel free to resubmit if you adjust the map in the future! We hope to see more maps from you in the future. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me on Discord at MCBYT#2023.​

Status
Not open for further replies.