Lofi

Forum Expert
ELITE
beatsbylofi
beatsbylofi
ELITE
Ratings
263 9
Heyo! Glad to see a submission from you, and good to see your dedication to making maps! Here are my thoughts on this submission;

THEME:
The theme seems to be unique, so well done in that regard!
BUILD:
Personally, I'm a big fan of the build. I like the way you've done the tree and made it look like a slice cut out of a world. The addition of smaller trees and islands adds to the aesthetic of the build, and the way you build the parkour into the build is done well. Good job!
PARKOUR:
I think that the parkour in this map is decent, but could have been done better. The start was done well but it becomes very basic and the majority is floating, which isn't great. The checkpoints also seem very far apart, meaning you have to do large sections of floating parkour. It also feels fairly easy for a medium map.

Overall, you really just need to make the parkour a bit harder and have less of it floating. Once you've done that, plus adding a couple more checkpoints, I think this map has some great potential! Good luck to you!

Heyo! Glad to see a submission from you, and good to see your dedication to making maps! Here are my thoughts on this submission;

THEME:
The theme seems to be unique, so well done in that regard!
BUILD:
Personally, I'm a big fan of the build. I like the way you've done the tree and made it look like a slice cut out of a world. The addition of smaller trees and islands adds to the aesthetic of the build, and the way you build the parkour into the build is done well. Good job!
PARKOUR:
I think that the parkour in this map is decent, but could have been done better. The start was done well but it becomes very basic and the majority is floating, which isn't great. The checkpoints also seem very far apart, meaning you have to do large sections of floating parkour. It also feels fairly easy for a medium map.

Overall, you really just need to make the parkour a bit harder and have less of it floating. Once you've done that, plus adding a couple more checkpoints, I think this map has some great potential! Good luck to you!

Thank you for the feedback! I've never tried building parkour before, so this was a first time. I updated the map with more checkpoints and changed part of the parkour, so now hopefully it's better.
Again, thanks.

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
Hello,

Unfortunately I will be REJECTING this map submission. Here is my input:

Theme: The theme is both original and unoriginal - there are no maps with a specific Sakura theme, but there are multiple maps that have a pink cherry blossom tree as parts/features of the map (Zen, Oriental to name a few).
Build: I'm a huge fan of this build - it's accurate to the theme, well detailed, and very pleasing to the eyes. Great job on making the tree multiple shades of pink, as well as detailing even the island that the tree rests on. Props to you for that!
Parkour: The parkour on this map does fit the proper length and difficulty of a MEDIUM map. That being said, the parkour was a bit linear and basic at times, with not much separating the gameplay of your map from other typical medium maps. Try to spice up your parkour a bit by introducing a wide variety of jumps that make your map stand out! The floating parkour is also a bit of an issue - a little bit of floating parkour can look like falling flowers, but too much floating parkour can make the build look messy. Try to incorporate more of your parkour into the build itself!

I'd love to see more map submissions from you in the future, and have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.