/sellwand command

Ellieza

PATRON
Ellieza
Ellieza
Patron
Ratings
82 3
I think we should have a command that brings your sell wand back into your inventory in the event you lose it. Obviously this command would only be available to the people who actually bought a sell wand. Like, in the off chance someone ends up accidentally putting it somewhere and loses it or drops it and can't find it, it would be nice to enter in a command (like /sellwand or /sw or something) to bring it back. I bought a sell wand off the store and lost it 4 days ago to lag. Not only do I no longer have one, but buying a sell wand was pretty much a one time deal for me. I don't have the money to keep getting more each time I lose them, especially when they go back to being $30 on the store. A /sellwand command would be incredibly useful.

GoldenGaming

Dedicated Member
Ratings
136 2
Nice idea. Unfortunately, this command could easily be abused, and if you do ever encounter the event that you lose your sell wand. Simply message staff in game, discord, and/or forums. Hope I could help :D

Ellieza

PATRON
Ellieza
Ellieza
Patron
Ratings
82 3
As far as messaging staff, I've already done that. It's been a week and I haven't been contacted again about the situation, at this point I think there's a minimal chance I'm getting it back.

As far as the command goes, there are many ways to make the command so that people can't abuse it. Granted it would probably take a lot of coding that I'm not too proficient in, but there are still ways.

GoldenGaming

Dedicated Member
Ratings
136 2
I have also lost my sell wand and it took me a week. However, you should speak to Purple4me and/or Dacon. Both would be more than happy to retrieve your lost sell wand :D

Sophie413

Forum Expert
Ratings
112 2
I've never gotten a sell wand, but I have an idea staff could possibly fix this problem.

You know on the online shop you can redeem your donator rank if you change your username? Well I think it would be better if they did a similar thing to that, you would just have to type in your username and you could get back the sell wand.

It wouldn't be abused. And it would probably be easier for staff, they would just have to do what they did to redeem a rank, but it would just redeem your sell wand.

sparkypi

MVP+
sparkypi
sparkypi
MVP+
Ratings
I like the redeem option. I have lost things before and it's a pain for both me and the staff when I go asking everyone who can help. It's really very limited as to who can replace this kind of item, and it's not usually common for everyone to be on at the same time they are, and when they are on they get spammed with everyone asking for their items back, so you may not even get it if you are on at the same time they are...

In other words, something on the forums or store would be very nice in terms of getting lost items back. Maybe an "aquisitions" section on the skyblock forums?

If you put it on the store, though, there's almost no way for it to check your inventory, chests, pvs, ec, etc. to see that you haven't just stored it away somewhere, so it's easier to put this on the forums where there's a set format for this type of thing, rather than making a new section on the store for us to contact staff. If you didn't have direct contact between us and staff, such as through forums or a new page on the store, people could just come back and redeem it every month or so and get free sell wands.

GoldenGaming

Dedicated Member
Ratings
136 2
I believe that the redeeming option is going to be very exploitable. It sounds like that you can go on the site, click redeem, and pop. A sell wand pops into your inventory. It seems very exploitable, and can easily be abused. There should be no issue now. It turned into a regular stick thats enchanted. Meaning you can't sell it on accident.

Don't throw it on accident.

And yeah. That's about the only way you can lose it. Also, don't go into pvp with the stick in your inventory. There should be no real issues.

sparkypi

MVP+
sparkypi
sparkypi
MVP+
Ratings
The point is if you drop it. Ever since they changed it to a stick the rest has not been a problem, but you pay $7.00-30.00 only to drop the item because you place your hand wrong on the keyboard, you want it redeemed. But, like you and I both said, if you make a redeem option, you can get lots of free sell wands if you exploit it. Also like I said, it is a pain to try to contact Dacon or Purpz in-game or even on Discord. I've never gotten a response from Dacon and Purpz is hard to find, and the rest of staff can't really replace stuff like this. I've lost 2 white scrolls for good due to, not dropping, but resets, and none of the staff has been able to replace them.

Thus my suggestion - put it in a special section on the forums. That way you can have a formatted, turn-based system with which you can see whether or not you're going to be served soon and everybody will be served systematically. There could even be posted rules rather than the word-of-mouth rule system we have now. Then anyone who loses their item will be able to get it back, not just 1/3 (yours was returned, mine and Adams' have not been yet)

Ellieza

PATRON
Ellieza
Ellieza
Patron
Ratings
82 3
(yours was returned, mine and Adams' have not been yet)
My sell wand was returned. Purpz got in contact with me and returned it last season. Not that it really mattered, since my sell wand was automatically given to me upon login immediately after the reset. Besides that, I don't really have a problem with sell wands anymore. I'm no longer playing the server and sell wands are useless to someone who doesn't log on.

Last edited:

sparkypi

MVP+
sparkypi
sparkypi
MVP+
Ratings
Oh, well that's good then. It always stinks to see someone go, but at least the issue was fixed beforehand.