Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
Username: Acid_Reflvx
Map Name: StandingWumpus
VIDEO:
The video only took 10 minutes to make don't worry!
How to Get to the Plot:
/plot v Acid_Reflvx 10, /plot visit Acid_Reflvx 10
Difficulty: Medium
JUMPS
47 total jumps
35 parkour jumps
12 climbing jumps
Checkpoints: 4

P.S. I know the theme is taken but that Wumpus looks strange and it isn't standing, therefore instead of /log wumpus it would be /log standingwumpus

Last edited:

Presidenten

Forum Master
ELITE
Hampifant
Hampifant
ELITE
Ratings
521 13
So theme is unoriginal, it's pretty much the exact same as the existing one with less shading. Build is alright but lack depth and details.

Parkour is absolutely awful from the images, you didn't even try to make it look decent. Just placed random shit everywhere. It's neither good looking or enjoyable. I woul suggest replacing all useless blocks with something better looking.

BinLicker

Forum Master
ELITE
BinLicker
BinLicker
ELITE
Ratings
481 8
Damn Pres went in. I think the map is unoriginal but atleast this one is standing! I liked the parkour but more can be done to blend it into the build. Good luck though Acid!

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
So theme is unoriginal, it's pretty much the exact same as the existing one with less shading. Build is alright but lack depth and details.

Parkour is absolutely awful from the images, you didn't even try to make it look decent. Just placed random shit everywhere. It's neither good looking or enjoyable. I woul suggest replacing all useless blocks with something better looking.
I know that it's random but I suggest you play the map too, not trying to protest against your feedback though!

Presidenten

Forum Master
ELITE
Hampifant
Hampifant
ELITE
Ratings
521 13
It's not really only hate against your parkour, because I know you just followed the stupid ass mainstream style of parkour which I hate because everything is so random and ugly and unenjoyable and stupid and shit ass parkour god

BinLicker

Forum Master
ELITE
BinLicker
BinLicker
ELITE
Ratings
481 8
I want to make some maps that the parkour flows well and doesn't have those clunky jumps like brewing stands and enchanting tables, kinda just blocks that float but go towards a build. But there's no chance of it getting accepted because the map judges want the mainstream style and not just fun flowing parkour

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
I want to make some maps that the parkour flows well and doesn't have those clunky jumps like brewing stands and enchanting tables, kinda just blocks that float but go towards a build. But there's no chance of it getting accepted because the map judges want the mainstream style and not just fun flowing parkour
Making Parkour that fits the server guidelines and has a good flow to it is really not impossible! :) It's definitely doable!

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
Um I have no idea what's going on lol

I'm going to change Wumpus to terracotta, it will look a lot better
Edit: There werent the correct colors, so I've decided to keep it the way it is

Last edited:

JJ (_ThatGuyJJ_)

Dedicated Member
MVP
5p1eef
5p1eef
MVP
Ratings
47 6
Making Parkour that fits the server guidelines and has a good flow to it is really not impossible! :) It's definitely doable!
while it’s true that parkour can flow pretty well still, I feel like you could never get something that flows quite as well as Aquatic or Wonderland with the shinx standards.

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
while it’s true that parkour can flow pretty well still, I feel like you could never get something that flows quite as well as Aquatic or Wonderland with the shinx standards.
I would beg to differ. There's some great examples of maps with incredible flow in them, that I feel like is a lot better than Winter Wonderland (Maybe not Aquatic tho, that map flows incredibly well) But opinions are opinions :D

BinLicker

Forum Master
ELITE
BinLicker
BinLicker
ELITE
Ratings
481 8
I'm talking about easy difficulty maps, it's really hard to make flow and not clunky.

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
I'm talking about easy difficulty maps, it's really hard to make flow and not clunky.
Nah it really isn't. You just need to know what to do and how to do. Right now the current standard is around doing variety, which is good, but making it flow well is definitely not a challenge with a good build. Not to me anyway!

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
It might end up as a medium because of it's length

Ratings
17 1
you're able to do a neup at the trap door place to skip like half the course. ik someone who plays easy courses probably wouldnt do that but you might wanna block it off with barriers

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
How the heck has this gotten 14 posts?

Added a fun fact board
DIFFICULTY IS NOW MEDIUM!
Made a video

Last edited:

JJ (_ThatGuyJJ_)

Dedicated Member
MVP
5p1eef
5p1eef
MVP
Ratings
47 6
I would beg to differ. There's some great examples of maps with incredible flow in them, that I feel like is a lot better than Winter Wonderland (Maybe not Aquatic tho, that map flows incredibly well) But opinions are opinions :D
agreed :)

Pris

Forum Expert
ELITE
Prisioner
Prisioner
ELITE
Ratings
383 7
Making it standing doesn't change the theme still, and the build on this is just as weird as the other one in my opinion with less block variation and shading.

Status
Not open for further replies.