Rejected Sticky Situation - Medium/Hard - Built By Adamant___/_blehhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Ayy guys! Built a new map called Sticky Situation (Sorry for the cheesy name, "Slime" would sound boring) that is medium/hard. I couldn't decide 100% whether it was medium or hard but I think it's probably geared towards medium. It was made and tested by Adamant___/_blehhh (Me) and no one else. The theme is slime & it does have some ladder parkour I hope you don't mind that. Let me know what you think! :) There is parkour on the inside but I reached my file upload limit. I built this map on the Map Maker world on my SECOND plot and you can check out the inside if you want to

Attachments

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Review c: :
Positives points :
-The build fit with the theme of the parkour.
-The number of jump (51 ?) fit with the difficulty of the level (Medium).
-The parkour is not repetitive.

Negatives points :
-The theme is pretty unoriginal and there is a lot of "slime" theme parkour (SlimeBouncer of medium, SlimePK on expert).
-There is a lot of really hard jump for a medium parkour (like some ladder part).
-The variety of jump is fine put I think it would be better if you add like Ice part or Fence part c:
-The build don't looks really good, try to add some detail on it.

I hope I help you c:

Aloro

Forum Master
ELITE
aloro
aloro
ELITE
Ratings
529 26
Hey, since most of the points have been said above this comment I am not going to repeat every single one. In parkour, the map judges look for more original maps or maps with lots of detail within this. The theme slime has been done before and if I'm honest it is better than this one.

I do like that the theme is continuous throughout thought and the jumps are not that repetitive, but like I said try to do more original maps next time. Just run through each of the courses and see if you can think of any that have not yet been done.

Good luck though.

Txilsy

Forum Expert
VIP
Ratings
273 2
Hello there,

Thanks for submitting your map! I've come to inform you that this map will be rejected.

Points that influenced the decision:
- The theme is overused, as pointed out before me. Make sure to have your map as original as possible to increase the likeliness of the map getting accepted.
- The build is simple and exactly what it should be, a slime. This would actually be too plain of a build and close to being considered as pixel art.
- The jumps is what I really liked about the map however. They were creative and there was quite a bit of variety, which still could've been more. I'd love to see them back in any future maps.
- The length fits the difficulty perfectly and so does the checkpoint placement. You have a good feel to find balance between these aspects, so I'm sure you'll be able to increase the quality of your maps in the future.

Thanks again for submitting, we'd love to see another map sometime soon, so don't hesitate on making and submitting another one. :)

Also, if you have any questions or concerns, just PM me here on the forums or on Discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.