Rejected The Journey - Parkour Map (Hard)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what could really help newer players who are making maps is to just look at some newer maps that got accepted and to play them. I would also go on the forums and try to find what a map judge said so that you can focus on what qualities of the build and parkour the map had in order for it to be accepted. It can be really hard to know what map judges want nowadays, but I suggest you just try and get as much information as possible using the server and the forums to help you! :D
ok

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello shortiepooh, Slippy3y, and Barney134,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected. The theme of your map is unoriginal, as we already have maps based around biomes (FloatingBiomes, Biomes, BiomesPK). Before creating a parkour please make sure to check out the Parkour List to see all the maps accepted on the server! The build of your map is not very good. The rooms have some detail for them, but are a bit plain around the walls and the floor. Try adding details that aren’t just on your parkour to the rooms! The outside of the build is not that attractive. When creating a parkour map make sure that both the inside and outside are decorated and not just a box.

The parkour is also a weak point. The parkour is far too long for the hard difficulty. The difficulty itself is very inconsistent, some parts fit easy parkour while others are for expert. Try making sure the difficulty is consistent throughout the entire course! Your parkour has some variance but it isn't mixed very well at all. Try to use different kinds of blocks and hitboxes all throughout your map to make a unique and interesting course! You can see examples of this at /warp beta in game, or the Accepted Maps subforum. (Elly_x)

Thank you for submitting this map! If you have any questions, feel free to message me on Discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.