Accepted The Stanley Parkourable.

Ratings
Hey there! So i was in a call with Ryan (Ryanminty123) He was creating his own parkour and I came up with this one idea 'The Stanley Parable Parkour'. Ryan made up another name 'The Stanley Parkourable.
Made by: -Koda (Agliophobia)
-Pud (Pud96)
-Ryan (Ryanminty123)
-Tim (TimBitzZ)
Its a cool map with different ways to go. Thats all i'm really going to say about this map. I've got some screenshots as well. Amount of jumps depends on which way you choose range: 39-58
Difficulty: Medium
Warp: /warp TSP
/warp TheStanleyParkourable

Attachments

Tenshi

Forum Legend
VIP+
Ratings
949 86
Hello, My name is Tenshi and I am here to give you some tips and comments about your parkour map.
Firstly, Theme.
This map seems to have a clear theme. The Stanley Parable was one of my favorite games, and still is. This parkour incorporates parkour and the theme of the game, Being able to chose a path. I'd be shocked if this parkour map was not accepted. This parkour has exactly what the parkour servers are looking for. Originality, And Parkour.

Secondly, Parkour.
View this thread here for help with jumps: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...tive-mode/369499-parkour-creation-tips-tricks

Thirdly, Rank.
Medium would suit this parkour. If you made some edits, It could pull as a Medium-Hard.

Thank you for taking time to create a map, Ill let @Nixi and @Pud96 give you some feedback on this course. .
Best Regards,
Tenshi.

Pud96

Forum Expert
VIP+
Pud96
Pud96
VIP+
Ratings
57 14
Hi there Pud96 as the Map maker and the testers i will say that it has some difficulty jumps but still the count of them should be equal 2 have a better mix cause if you choose a path were is less jumps it will be free gems, you can all so make the path whit less jumps more difficulty cause then it will be more hard for the 2 pass it and as Tenshi say this map fit whit Easy for now if you want it medium just make it harder from what it is now thanks

~Pud96

Angel_Scarz

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
35 109
Nice parkour i think but, its kind of like the Test Parkour (Choose your path of parkour) Parkour Map That is accepted & playable in the server parkour

Ratings
8 5
The only part I don't like is the section where you have three doors and you choose the hard iron bar and fence parkour on the right, mainly because it is a troll and leads you back to the room. Maybe remove the barrier blocks when you complete that room so you can actually get to the other ending. This is probably wrong of me to say but i wish there were more decisions and it went longer, because in the original Stanley Parable, getting to the boss is just the beginning. But besides that, its pretty solid and hope it is accepted because its very unique.

Wafflethecat

Forum Expert
Mapper
Ratings
128 3
I like the idea of this map. The stanley parable was one of the most interesting games I played, in the way that different decisions effected different parts of the game, and the empty office building gives you that slight ominous feeling. I like how you incorporated the look of the game, into your parkour and how you can make decisions in this map, just like in the game.

Best of luck! -Wafflethecat

Billybo10000

Forum Master
Donator
Ratings
169 8
The idea of the map is very well designed. I would accept this map, except you only give the illusion of choice.

If this were actually like the Stanley Parable, you would have multiple map endings. Instead, of the two places where you make choices, one leads to the same place no matter what, while the other basically makes you do extra parkour for no reason.

Remove the barriers on the right door path and I'll happily accept the map. It's not fair to the player when they are simply dropped back into the same room again for making a choice. Don't do a Telltale, actually change the outcome of the map depending on your choice.

~ Billy

Billybo10000

Forum Master
Donator
Ratings
169 8
Nice parkour i think but, its kind of like the Test Parkour (Choose your path of parkour) Parkour Map That is accepted & playable in the server parkour
I would say that this parkour excells in the genre better than our already accepted map, Angel. If it were a rainbow map, I would have this quandary, but this map is more appealing and easier to get to grips with, making it more accessible.

Pud96

Forum Expert
VIP+
Pud96
Pud96
VIP+
Ratings
57 14
The idea of the map is very well designed. I would accept this map, except you only give the illusion of choice.

If this were actually like the Stanley Parable, you would have multiple map endings. Instead, of the two places where you make choices, one leads to the same place no matter what, while the other basically makes you do extra parkour for no reason.

Remove the barriers on the right door path and I'll happily accept the map. It's not fair to the player when they are simply dropped back into the same room again for making a choice. Don't do a Telltale, actually change the outcome of the map depending on your choice.

~ Billy
Ok Billy i fix it so now they can go that way <3