Tips on Becoming Staff

Itchin(Qhysics)

Forum Master
Donator
Ratings
281 37
Well, I have been accepted as helper and I have uncovered a few tricks on becoming staff so here are a few suggestions.

Popularity:

Most people say that becoming staff is popularity. Well it kinda is and isn't. You can be a new member like Ham or fastball and be accepted because you are qualified and you are worthy since you are good at what you do.

Server that you don't need to become popular on:
Parkour, Skywars since numerous people are on and it is hard to tell who is good and who isn't.

Server that you NEED to become popular on:
KitPvP, Factions, Creative, Skyblock, Prison

Servers that your resume has to be almost perfect:
KitPvP, Factions, Creative, Skyblock, Prison, Parkour, Skywars

Why Popularity matters:

What is the point of having a staff member that nobody has ever seen on the server? Why do you want an unknown PvPer who you don't know whether is good or not? That is why popularity matters. You want to have the communities approval and I'm sure you have seen my "abusive staff" thread. I wasn't even staff and I was called abusive. This is what a staff member should get because you want people to question your leadership and if you have an answer you thoroughly deserve to be staff.

Don't be boring in your application:

You have to show that you can be a good spirit in chat. I know that reading a boring app will get you denied. Nobody wants to talk to a boring person.

Make sure staff know you:

Staff will know you if you are good at your server and you are helpful. You will not become staff without this.

Be Mature: Don't tell people about your staff app if you don't trust them. You might skype with them and they will tell the whole world that you might become staff. That will lead to an automatic rejection.

Be Honest:

This will get you staff

Don't be a tryhard:

No staff team wants a tryhard that isn't cool, unless of course, you are Brack or Dacon.

Hope I helped you lay the pavement to your successful staff application!

Superburrito_132

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
Great tips! I'll keep these in mind if I ever reapply for staff :D

Fexolity

Donator
Ratings
38 1
I was staff two times, they didn't last very long because of issues, but you don't really need "popularity." Nobody knew me on Creative but I still achieved Helper.

Fexolity

Donator
Ratings
38 1
In KitPvP at least you need to be popular so you can identify who is hacking and who isn't. Below-Average PvPers tend to call out hacks and they aren't usually staff.
You don't have to be popular to spot things.
I mean, if you were a PvPer who called out hacks constantly, why would they be staff in the first place?

Abel

Donator
Ratings
:) I think I have chance to be one! Thanks for the tips :D

ChocBar

Admin | Staff Manager
Admin
ChocBar
ChocBar
Admin
Ratings
1,309 41
Dacon did make a thread on tips for applications. Here it is:

http://minevast.com/community/threads/staff-application-information-tips-requirements.1246/

Personally, I don't think "popularity" is the right word for what we are looking for. There are players who are "popular" but that do not have the skills to be a moderator. We need mature players who are dedicated to the server and help other players. Dacon's thread has more information, but I do not think "popularity" is the key skill you should be working on.

And if you are rejected, please don't simply resubmit the same application over and over again. Also, it is difficult to get accepted with your first application. So don't give up. You will be told when you can reapply.

Purple4me

Tenshi

Forum Legend
VIP+
Ratings
949 86
Beautiful Tips! I need to keep these in mind when I re-apply. :D I know that being popular doesn't matter, like Purpz said. Mature staff are the way to go! Helping others and learning how to fix things will make the server an amazing place for everyone, So there really isn't a way to say no to someone who has all those attributes. :p

BaconBoy2015

Donator
Ratings
69 1
Yeah, popularity isn't really the right word. You more need to be respected and well-liked within the community. Basically the rule of thumb is be a role model. Don't be strict, but do enforce the rules. Be friendly with everyone and don't ignore people just because they aren't popular or aren't a donator. Being a great friend and giving everyone an equal chance of being your friend is an excellent way to become well respected on the server.

Ryanminty123

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
110 3
Ok so a problem with this application is that you state what servers you need to have "Perfect Applications" for. You shouldn't need to specify servers to have perfect applications for. Your application should be perfect no matter what server you play on.

Popularity is indeed a needed trait for the Minevast staff team I agree but what would you prefer:
A: A popular player who spams the chat and has a Head-shop (Creative).
B: An non-popular player who respects the rules of the server but stays quiet.

Also I see you referencing PVP a lot indicating that you're referring to the server that you play on, Use tips for multiple servers to help people.

A small tip that I have for the server that I am most comfortable with; Creative
Getting a grade is essential to becoming a creative staff member due to the respect in the building community that comes with the grade.

Ratings
I appreciate you putting this here, I’m sure a lot of people were helped by this. I also laughed a bit at your final comment there XD

Cheechmoted

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
284 38
I find the word "popularity" as a middle school word. I think that the staff needs to know about you. They need to know that you are mature, helpful, and trustworthy.

Example: I am very popular on prison. Am I staff? No. This is because I have not always been mature. But now that I know that I have to be mature to be staff I try to be mature as possible on the forums, Skype, and the server itself.

WARNING: This is my opinion please don't hate me fore it. :D

-Cheech

Ratings
Thanks for the tips! I think these are great tips. I am going to follow those tips when I wright my staff app in the future.