ManaCube

Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Why not donate directly to charities that are aiding victims rather than spending money/cubits on an in-game pin? While I can understand the sentiment, activism doesn't have to be performative.
NEJIRE HADO
NEJIRE HADO
Because hallow when u donate to a charity u don’t get a cool little Palestine flag next to your name on a minecraft server and it’s a very pretty flag
Bunni
Bunni
I have been for the last 6 months ^-^
I just find it offensive that there is an Israeli flag many users flaunt on Manacube given the circumstances, it is especially offensive for those with family or friends who have been impacted by the aggressive apartheid in Palestine. Seeing that flag definitely leaves many people 'with a bad taste in their mouths'
Bunni
Bunni
If staff are so against adding a Palestine Flag, maybe the Israel one should be removed since Manacube is no place for politics. @Hallowqueen

I would have thought adding a pin would be more straight forward then removing one and having to refund cubits to those who purchased that bundle...
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
The flag bundles were added well before the Palestine-Israel conflicts took place in October, the Israel flag being part of a bundle isn't a political statement from the server. Additionally, the conflict in Palestine has been going on long before the attacks in October, it has been going on for decades - performative activism now is not going to save lives lost.
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
On top of that, the Israel flag on it's own shouldn't "leave a bad taste" in anyone's mouth. That opens up excuses for people to be xenophobic and antisemitic. The problem is with the Israeli government. Not the people of Israel, and not their religious beliefs.
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
I'm not saying there won't be a Palestine flag added - however, I'm saying that condemning the server for not adding to a bundle and accusing it to be some sort of propaganda or political statement on the conflict is ridiculous. You didn't have an issue when the bundles were first released, or about the other countries that aren't included. Congo? they're also experiencing a crisis.
Bunni
Bunni
@Hallowqueen I never said anything about religion. I also never accused Manacube of having any kind of political agenda, any comments I have made are my own personal opinions. While the bundles were added in the year before Oct 7th happened I am still going to condemn creating and keeping the Israeli Flag. Like you said
Bunni
Bunni
this conflict isn't new, I was honestly surprised to see Israel included in the first place. While I wanted equal representation for Palestine in the beginning, I feel like the flag pin should just be removed since I have been told, like others, that Manacube is no place for political and like I said before the flag is also potentially very triggering to a massive audience.
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
The flag itself shouldn't be, and is not triggering. We have players in the community who are from Israel. The problem is not people who are from Israel, it is with the government. Targeting the flag and demanding it be removed will also cause problems as you are targeting people who may be from the country, but have no part in the conflict - which is then opening up the door for xenophobia.
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
The flags were added for players to have the option to represent the countries they're from, not out of political beliefs - if we got into the politics of every single country, we'd have to remove every single flag - because every country at one point has been involved in controversy and conflicts.
NEJIRE HADO
NEJIRE HADO
I can list quite a few flags that wouldn’t be removed
Iceland
Denmark
Portugal
Slovenia
Switzerland
Ireland
Canada
Finland