Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Hi JakobMafia,

First of all, thank you for submitting your map! We Mappers love to see high-quality builds from newer players. Also note that I'm just a Mapper, not a Map Judge, so this is not by any means a final decision. I will rate your map with 9 criteria, detailed below.

Theme
Originality: 7/10. Although there are a couple Crash Bandicoot maps (one submitted by you!) there are obviously none from this level.​
Creativity: 5/10. It's not the most exciting theme, but it was well chosen. From one parkour game to another, if you catch my drift.​
Accuracy: 8/10. Just from looking at Ant Agony screenshots it was obvious that you had built the same thing.​
Build
Attraction: 7/10. Not only does this look great, it looks far better than the actual game. You've seriously improved the lava bottom and the walls. Unfortunately, the platforms seriously take away from the rest of the build. They're blocky and distracting, not to mention completely plain. They also inevitably make most of the parkour floating, which is unattractive.​
Palette: 10/10. You couldn't have chosen better blocks. The netherrack complements the rest of the build's gray tones. Good work!​
Detail: 5/10. Here, I feel the build does lack - the platforms specifically are very plain. They really stand out and could use with a boost. Even if you strayed from the original a bit, it's worth making them look better.​
Parkour
Difficulty: 5/10. It fits Insane difficulty but more from lack of checkpoints than difficulty of jumps. I really don't think there are enough checkpoints in the map (one every 10-15 jumps is optimal) but if you added more the parkour would probably be more like Expert.​
Variety: 8/10. There are no crazy w/e jumps but the parkour is definitely varied, and the little puzzles, especially with memorization, breaks it up a bit.​
Fun Factor: 7/10. The parkour is fun, especially at the beginning. The puzzles are good too.​

Verdict:
7/10. I think the platforms could use a bit of improvement, but overall it's a good map, with a good theme and good parkour. I think it's possible this will be rejected, but a resubmission with a few changes would be excellent,​
Again, thank you for submitting and I hope you keep 'em coming!

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Hello JakobMafia! Unfortunately, I will be rejecting your map.

The theme is somewhat original, there are other Crash Bandicoot maps but they look much different.

The build is quite well done on the interior for the first half, so good job! However, the exterior terraforming is rather messy and odd, and the second half of the map has a very messy interior, while also looking rather plain. The floating platforms don't look very good.

The parkour is good in terms of length for an insane map, but the difficulty is much more suited to a hard map. The lack of checkpoints is also very apparent and makes the map as a whole not very fun to play. However, your parkour is well-varied, and the jumps themselves are fun for the most part.

Thank you for submitting! If you have any questions, please message me on Discord (MCBYT#2023), in-game (IGN MCBYT), or the forums (@MCBYT)!​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.