ELITE
n8z
n8z
ELITE
Ratings
8 3
Username: SwagifiedGorilla
Map Name: Cereal
/plot h SwagifiedGorilla, then its at the front right.
Difficulty: Hard
Jumps: 58
Checkpoints: 2 (Within the map)
Some other info: I am trying to get mapper rank before I have to go back to school in a week!
I have attached 3 photos to this thread.
2020-05-12 (7).png

Attachments

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Hey Swag!
I am here to give you my review of the map! Please remember that I am not a map judge or a moderator and my opinion doesn't affect whether the map gets accepted or not, I'm just trying to give helpful advice!
Firstly I think this level has POTENTIAL. Hear me out!

The theme of your map is GREAT since while there are a lot of food related maps I couldn't find a single map related to cereals. I might be missing some however, sorry if I am wrong!
The build of your map is GREAT since it's well detailed, accurate to what cereals looks like and is just pleasant to look at. Great job on the build!
The parkour of your map is OKAY. It's well varied, mostly fun and lengthy enough for a hard. However I think the map is WAY TOO HARD to be a Hard map. It is overall just really difficult but here's two jumps that I think are in critical need of adjustments.
2020-05-13_15.14.58.png

I personally don't think this ladder jump is very hard, but it is WAY TOO HARD to be in a Hard map. These jumps are typically seen in Insane maps, I don't think there's even a single Expert map with a jump like this.
2020-05-13_15.16.13.png

This ladder to head jump is seriously difficult and I couldn't do it even once. I'm sure this is because of an oversight of putting that other head above it. Please adjust it, it's way too hard.

I also personally think you should add more checkpoints to your map. 2 is atrociously low for a Hard map. I'd recommend adding 3 more.

There's also an exploit that can be used to skip the whole spoon. (Black line indicates the exploit path, green line indicates right path)
2020-05-13_15.14.48.png

From this ladder you can jump on the barriers since there are not enough of them. It skips all the parkour on the spoon.

If you adjust the map I think it has a chance of being accepted!

Good luck! :)

Swag

ELITE
n8z
n8z
ELITE
Ratings
8 3
oh god I started a map with almost the same theme today crap
I would really appreciate for you to not upload your version of this if my one gets denied, as I usually get feedback for how I can make it better and then I resubmit.

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Hey!
Since you have made the changes I suggested I think this map should now be ACCEPTED.
It's still rather tricky for a Hard map and I think you could add one more checkpoint somewhere on the spoon!
There's also one more exploit I think you should patch
2020-05-14_11.33.33.png

You can jump on the spoon from the ladder, skipping around 4 jumps.

Overall the parkour is now PRETTY GOOD.

Good luck! :)

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hey Swag :)
I'd have to disagree with Gamers as far as the build. While it does look like cereal, it feels a bit, to be blunt, lackluster to me, like there isn't much cereal in the bowl...when I think of a bowl of cereal, I think of something more like this:
where there is cereal underneath the milk peering through, the cereal is clearly coated in milk and there's a lot of color! The way this build looks almost reminds me of a confetti cake batter before you mix in the sprinkles fully.
As far as the build goes, I would also recommend making the shape of the bowl more unique if you don't want to change the color. Right now, it looks a bit like you just did //hsphere quartz 7 and cut off the top half. I think the bowl could be made more interesting for sure :)

Hope this helps!

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey SwagifiedGorilla,

I'm sorry to have to tell you that your map has been REJECTED. The theme is most definitely original, as we have no cereal themed maps. Well done! I've been meaning to see a cereal map for quite a while :). But, the build and parkour are not great. The build is very plain, difficult to understand, and unappealing to the eyes. It's just a big bowl full of scattered wool and a pillar sticking out of it. I feel like you could definitely execute the theme much better. Personally, the difficulty and length of the parkour definitely fit the hard difficulty. I didn't find the cp placement to be too unforgiving. But, the parkour got repetitive at times. There were way too many enchantment table, ladder, and piston jumps. I felt as if that was everything I was jumping on really (although there were other blocks/jumps used, I know). I hope you take these criticisms into consideration on your future map submissions, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.