Ratings
144 6
Username: TheDestroyer7234
Parkour By: xX_SacredPvp_Xx
Map Name: ChineseLantern
Plot: /plot h TheDestroyer7234 2
Difficulty: Hard
Number of Jumps: 65 w/ 5 checkpoints

It was really fun making this map and experimenting with the way it looks and also the parkour! It was really nice to have Sacred make most of the pk for the map. I really wanted to make something that isn't really thought of a lot, but is also really recognizable.
Any feedback about the map or the parkour is always appreciated!! :D

Attachments

khirina

Dedicated Member
VIP
khirina
khirina
VIP
Ratings
130 6
Theme: good
Build: Good
PK: Good

the whole thing is nice and should be accepted. I did find this small skip tho:
2020-06-08_15.47.32.png
Green: right path
Red: skip
I don't know if this is even worth fixing, but it's jus a little thing I found. oki bye :)

Destroyer

Dedicated Member
ELITE
TheDestroyer7234
TheDestroyer7234
ELITE
Ratings
144 6
Theme: good
Build: Good
PK: Good

the whole thing is nice and should be accepted. I did find this small skip tho:
View attachment 29568
Green: right path
Red: skip
I don't know if this is even worth fixing, but it's jus a little thing I found. oki bye :)
Thank you for liking the build and the parkour!! I will get to fixing the skip right away with barriers.
thx again :3

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
I like the theme and the build
While the parkour is good in that way that it's varied it's too hard for a Hard map in my opinion. I think nerfing the map would be a great idea.
There's also multiple exploits in the map that could use patching!
Good luck! :)

Attachments

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Des and Sacred

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: Your map is most definitely original. We have no maps themed after a Chinese lamp and the only lamp themed map we have is drastically different. Good job on coming up with a new theme!
  • Build: The build is pretty decent. You've portrayed your theme accurately through proper detailing and shaping. It looks like what you were going for and that's what matters. It should be mentioned that I still think there's always room to refine the build, be it by making the spheres more distinct from each other or utilizing the interior in a better fashion.
  • Parkour: The PK was definitely long enough for a hard, that part's all good. But, it's way too annoyingly hard for the difficulty. This is the main reason for the rejection of your map. For example: The second checkpoint (the bit from the minecart to the interior dispenser) is not fun to do, there is an over-abundance of annoying corner/slime jumps, and the pane to iron door squeeze is just unnecessary. You must address these parts and any other areas requiring nerfing. Nevertheless, I never felt that the PK was boring or repetitive as you guys definitely utilized a variety of blocks/jumps.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.