Favorite programming language

curtis

Dedicated Member
curtis18264
curtis18264
Ratings
121 2
I found that from my last thread, a lot of you guys are programmers. It was surprising how many of you guys were, which is really interesting. So, I'd like to see what your favorite language is and why

Mine is javascript just because you don't have to deal with different variable types

oWinqs

Forum Legend
MVP+
oWinqs
oWinqs
MVP+
Ratings
519 19
I'd also prefer Java. Personally, a lot of my time has been spent coding and tweaking Minecraft server plugins, and those are written in Java, so naturally, Java is my preferred coding language. But I've been getting into learning how to deal with HTML for websites and such.

RozaThePanda

MVP+
MVP+
RozaThePanda
RozaThePanda
MVP+
Ratings
160 7
I've personally used a lot of different programming languages in my time. Java, Ruby and SQL are up there in my favourites. I don't really mind HTML, CSS and Javascript as I learned them from an early age so they're relatively easy for me. Rust is also a good contender, I've thoroughly enjoyed using it. Honestly, I'm fine with any language as long as it's not C#. I don't hate C#, but C# hates me.

MrBugs

Forum Expert
PATRON
MrBugs
MrBugs
ELITE
Ratings
225 10
I never learned how to code, it’s kind of an interesting but extremely foreign concept to me. I do loosely remember coding very poor blue and green rectangles on Khan Academy’s coder though

curtis

Dedicated Member
curtis18264
curtis18264
Ratings
121 2
I'd also prefer Java. Personally, a lot of my time has been spent coding and tweaking Minecraft server plugins, and those are written in Java, so naturally, Java is my preferred coding language. But I've been getting into learning how to deal with HTML for websites and such.
Ive actually been learning java in school and have wanted to do minecraft plugins. Could you point me in the right direction?

RozaThePanda

MVP+
MVP+
RozaThePanda
RozaThePanda
MVP+
Ratings
160 7
Ive actually been learning java in school and have wanted to do minecraft plugins. Could you point me in the right direction?
Honestly, just find a website that teaches coding that you find fun. There are also countless guides on youtube on how to make minecraft plugins. If you want somewhat of an idea of what I use, I personally code plugins in Java within Eclipse IDE and JDK 8 (1.8 string). If you have any questions feel free to dm me on discord Roza#6385

DaChihuahua

Ratings
I don’t know why but the first kind of code I’ve picked up was python. Though, I want to learn java soon.

RozaThePanda

MVP+
MVP+
RozaThePanda
RozaThePanda
MVP+
Ratings
160 7
I don’t know why but the first kind of code I’ve picked up was python. Though, I want to learn java soon.
I mean, there’s nothing wrong with python. It’s a great language used for multiple things. I’d definitely suggest picking up java though!