Forum Expert
PATRON
awesomeboy__
awesomeboy__
Patron
Ratings
241 9
Remove Factions and add another gamemode such as bedwars/skywars

More public and clear punishment paths, such as sharing ban evidence or maybe properly explaining the rules and it's punishments in a post. Obviously not all ban evidence can be shared, but I don't really see why all ban evidence can't be shared. Not really sure exactly how this can go, but starting to head towards this direction would be cool. Along with that, consistency of punishments and communication between staff and players is a good one. An example of this is spamming. The punishment path for spamming is very strange and sometimes doesn't make sense to me. Of course, punishments vary due to its circumstances, but from being on Mana for more than 2 years, I still don't fully understand this punishment path because of the inconsistency I've seen.

Here are some examples of situations I have seen happen.

Ex 1:

[IAmOfTheStupid]: SpamIsTheBestHam1
[IAmOfTheStupid]: SpamIsTheBestHam2
[IAmOfTheStupid]: SpamIsTheBestHam3
[IAmOfTheStupid]: SpamIsTheBestHam4

Kicked

[IAmOfTheStupid]: SpamIsTheBestHam5
[IAmOfTheStupid]: SpamIsTheBestHam6
[IAmOfTheStupid]: SpamIsTheBestHam7
[IAmOfTheStupid]: SpamIsTheBestHam8

Muted

Ex 2 (featuring @Sonic_Raptor):

[ToxicFactionsPlayer]: Sonic_Raptor random check 1
[ToxicFactionsPlayer]: Sonic_Raptor random check 2
[ToxicFactionsPlayer]: Sonic_Raptor random check 3
[ToxicFactionsPlayer]: Sonic_Raptor random check 4

Nothing happens

Ex 3:

[IEatPotatoes]: Potatoes are the best 1
[IEatPotatoes]: Potatoes are the best 2
[IEatPotatoes]: Potatoes are the best 3
[IEatPotatoes]: Potatoes are the best 4
[EpicStaffMember]: Please stop spamming IEatPotatoes
[IEatPotatoes]: Potatoes are the best 5
[IEatPotatoes]: Potatoes are the best 6

Kicked

[IEatPotatoes]: Potatoes are the best 7
[IEatPotatoes]: Potatoes are the best 8
[IEatPotatoes]: Potatoes are the best 9
[IEatPotatoes]: Potatoes are the best 10

Muted

Ex 3:

[IEatPotatoes2]: Potatoes are the best 1
[IEatPotatoes2]: Potatoes are the best 2
[IEatPotatoes2]: Potatoes are the best 3
[IEatPotatoes2]: Potatoes are the best 4
[EpicStaffMember2]: Please stop spamming IEatPotatoes2
[IEatPotatoes2]: Potatoes are the best 5
[IEatPotatoes2]: Potatoes are the best 6

Muted

Ex 4:

Muted

I do think that Example 3 is the most common but the other 3 are also very common, so I still don't know what is the actual punishment path if there is one for a mute, or whether its up to staff discretion for the situation. So a post explaining these things would be great for more involved players to understand and would also be something that people applying to be staff to look at and know instead of going into the process blindly.

Sorry for the long post :)

ashalee

Forum Expert
ELITE
ashalee
ashalee
ELITE
Ratings
395 5
I do think that Example 3 is the most common but the other 3 are also very common, so I still don't know what is the actual punishment path if there is one for a mute, or whether its up to staff discretion for the situation. So a post explaining these things would be great for more involved players to understand and would also be something that people applying to be staff to look at and know instead of going into the process blindly.
Heya! I understand where you're coming from with this. I'd like to clear up our punishment path!

Spamming is a minor chat offense, in which the path is to verbally tell the player to stop, issue them a warning, and then punish them accordingly. Sometimes staff members issue a kick to stop the spamming until the player is muted, hence seeing players get kicked sometimes for spam. Of course every situation is different, whether the player is plain ol' spamming, spamming hate speech, spamming an advertisement for another server, spam bots, etc, therefore with every different scenario listed above there is a different punishment path. It's a bit confusing, I know! However, just know that every chat offense has its own punishment path depending on which rules are broken :D

Hope this clears things up!

LiLKayla

Forum Legend
ELITE
LiLKayla
LiLKayla
ELITE
Ratings
969 30
Remove Factions and add another gamemode such as bedwars/skywars

More public and clear punishment paths, such as sharing ban evidence or maybe properly explaining the rules and it's punishments in a post. Obviously not all ban evidence can be shared, but I don't really see why all ban evidence can't be shared. Not really sure exactly how this can go, but starting to head towards this direction would be cool. Along with that, consistency of punishments and communication between staff and players is a good one. An example of this is spamming. The punishment path for spamming is very strange and sometimes doesn't make sense to me. Of course, punishments vary due to its circumstances, but from being on Mana for more than 2 years, I still don't fully understand this punishment path because of the inconsistency I've seen.

Here are some examples of situations I have seen happen.

Ex 1:

Kicked

[IAmOfTheStupid]: SpamIsTheBestHam5
[IAmOfTheStupid]: SpamIsTheBestHam6
[IAmOfTheStupid]: SpamIsTheBestHam7
[IAmOfTheStupid]: SpamIsTheBestHam8

Muted

Ex 2 (featuring @Sonic_Raptor):

[ToxicFactionsPlayer]: Sonic_Raptor random check 1
[ToxicFactionsPlayer]: Sonic_Raptor random check 2
[ToxicFactionsPlayer]: Sonic_Raptor random check 3
[ToxicFactionsPlayer]: Sonic_Raptor random check 4

Nothing happens

Ex 3:

[IEatPotatoes]: Potatoes are the best 1
[IEatPotatoes]: Potatoes are the best 2
[IEatPotatoes]: Potatoes are the best 3
[IEatPotatoes]: Potatoes are the best 4
[EpicStaffMember]: Please stop spamming IEatPotatoes
[IEatPotatoes]: Potatoes are the best 5
[IEatPotatoes]: Potatoes are the best 6

Kicked

[IEatPotatoes]: Potatoes are the best 7
[IEatPotatoes]: Potatoes are the best 8
[IEatPotatoes]: Potatoes are the best 9
[IEatPotatoes]: Potatoes are the best 10

Muted

Ex 3:

[IEatPotatoes2]: Potatoes are the best 1
[IEatPotatoes2]: Potatoes are the best 2
[IEatPotatoes2]: Potatoes are the best 3
[IEatPotatoes2]: Potatoes are the best 4
[EpicStaffMember2]: Please stop spamming IEatPotatoes2
[IEatPotatoes2]: Potatoes are the best 5
[IEatPotatoes2]: Potatoes are the best 6

Muted

Ex 4:

Muted

Sorry for the long post :)
Hey Homie!

Just some clarification,

Regarding how chat is handled it can vary depending on the staff and situation- like lets say the dude who is spamming was muted earlier that day on parkour for the same thing... there is a good change they wont get a warning or wont get both warnings as they were recently punished. Some stuff use a kick in replacement with a warn if it is something like spam to help prevent it from keep happening.

Ban evidence is shared (unless it is a video- in most cases. Or if it has sensitive information [doxxing, etc...]) when someone appeals- and only to the person who appealed/got the punishment.