Misleading Rank Description

Ratings
6 1
Recently I purchased the VIP rank, with the intention of creating a cool nickname, and access to VIP maps. While the VIP maps and droppers work fine, the nickname part was very dissapointing. In the description of the rank, it specifically says that you can change your nickname, with colors.
1611451073002.png

You can change the actual color of your nickname, but you can't add non-color things to your nickname. An example would be bold words. I have looked but have not been able to find any specifications of this on their store page. To get the option to add these things to your nickname, you have to unlock their "perks". Most of these are found in chests or keys, another thing that is extremely hard to get without paying IRL money. Even if you get one of these chests through in game currency, you may have to buy many to get the actual perk. This was never obviously disclosed at sale, or in the description. I reccomend asking someone in game about their rank to get the full picture.

Also, the prices of the ranks appear to be cut down, sometimes by hundreds of dollars, to make you feel as if you are getting a discount. These ranks are ALWAYS on sale for the same price.

In conclusion, the manacube store is incredibly misleading, and designed to make you come back. Personally, I will not be purchasing again.

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
960 435
Recently I purchased the VIP rank, with the intention of creating a cool nickname, and access to VIP maps. While the VIP maps and droppers work fine, the nickname part was very dissapointing. In the description of the rank, it specifically says that you can change your nickname, with colors. View attachment 42914
You can change the actual color of your nickname, but you can't add non-color things to your nickname. An example would be bold words. I have looked but have not been able to find any specifications of this on their store page. To get the option to add these things to your nickname, you have to unlock their "perks". Most of these are found in chests or keys, another thing that is extremely hard to get without paying IRL money. Even if you get one of these chests through in game currency, you may have to buy many to get the actual perk. This was never obviously disclosed at sale, or in the description. I reccomend asking someone in game about their rank to get the full picture.

Also, the prices of the ranks appear to be cut down, sometimes by hundreds of dollars, to make you feel as if you are getting a discount. These ranks are ALWAYS on sale for the same price.

In conclusion, the manacube store is incredibly misleading, and designed to make you come back. Personally, I will not be purchasing again.
with bold and italics, you need to unlock it through crates.

pestolicious

Forum Expert
ELITE
pestolicious
pestolicious
ELITE
Ratings
410 14
Hello!

A couple things to address here.

It is understandable that you may view the description of the '/nick' command in this way, however I personally, along with others, believe that this clearly states you can change you username with different colors. It doesn't say that you can change it with bold, or with a dash, or in italics, etc.

Though this server has the option to pay real money for perks in game, you can also save up with the currency known as cubits. If you work hard towards gaining these cubits, you can easily receive the bold perk. Just takes time and effort, like most things do :)

There are moments when the sales are not on, or they are lower. I've never heard of a store that is not designed to make you come back. If stores were designed that way, businesses wouldn't be so successful :)

I understand if this causes you to lose interest in the Manacube store. Not everyone will agree with decisions made to further a business, and that is totally acceptable. However, If you dislike something on the store like the way a perk is described, you can always suggest it Here .

Cheers,
Pesto.

Ratings
6 1
Hello!

A couple things to address here.

It is understandable that you may view the description of the '/nick' command in this way, however I personally, along with others, believe that this clearly states you can change you username with different colors. It doesn't say that you can change it with bold, or with a dash, or in italics, etc.

Though this server has the option to pay real money for perks in game, you can also save up with the currency known as cubits. If you work hard towards gaining these cubits, you can easily receive the bold perk. Just takes time and effort, like most things do :)

There are moments when the sales are not on, or they are lower. I've never heard of a store that is not designed to make you come back. If stores were designed that way, businesses wouldn't be so successful :)

I understand if this causes you to lose interest in the Manacube store. Not everyone will agree with decisions made to further a business, and that is totally acceptable. However, If you dislike something on the store like the way a perk is described, you can always suggest it Here .

Cheers,
Pesto.
It does state that you can change the colors, but in the forum about all the color related tags, it says nothing about the bold tags being exclusive. Can you see how one could assume that the bold and other tags would be included? Thank you for the tip on cubits.