BluePottwal
BluePottwal
ELITE
Ratings
164 12
Creator: BluePottwal
Difficulty: Easy
Map-name: Palm
ID: -92;-19 (backside of it) on the front side theres a maze jump and run, that is worth a look. Even if I know, that such maze maps won't get accepted, I made a build.
Would be happy to get any feedback:D
2020-05-13_19.10.53.png
2020-05-13_19.11.15.png
2020-05-13_19.11.34.png

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello there!
Since you ask for feedback you shall receive ;)
I will say outright that Beach/Sandy maps have become a bit of an overused theme to a point where they don't get accepted at all anymore, no matter how good the build. This build I feel would definitely fall into that category.
The leaves of the palm are a bit too long in my opinion, but otherwise the build is accurate. Generally this build falls a little flat with me though, as it is what it is. A palm, but that's not the most exciting theme of all time...the platform is very plain as well with only sand, and lacks any texture or detail. It stays true to the theme, but it isn't very interesting, to be blunt.

I will revise this when I log back in and review the parkour this evening!

EDIT: I have now looked at the parkour, and here are my thoughts! The parkour is a bit boring, and uses far too many vines. I think part of the reason why the parkour falls a bit flat is because of the build's shape. It's pretty much just a pole! There's not much else to say about it. I think that you do show signs that you can make interesting and unique parkour though. I'd love to see you make a more unique build in the future!

Please not that I am not a map judge, so I have no say whether you map gets accepted or rejected. I just like to give feedback on map submmissions to help improve the skills of those in the community! Good luck :)

Last edited:

BluePottwal

Dedicated Member
ELITE
BluePottwal
BluePottwal
ELITE
Ratings
164 12
Hello there!
Since you ask for feedback you shall receive ;)
I will say outright that Beach/Sandy maps have become a bit of an overused theme to a point where they don't get accepted at all anymore, no matter how good the build. This build I feel would definitely fall into that category.
The leaves of the palm are a bit too long in my opinion, but otherwise the build is accurate. Generally this build falls a little flat with me though, as it is what it is. A palm, but that's not the most exciting theme of all time...the platform is very plain as well with only sand, and lacks any texture or detail. It stays true to the theme, but it isn't very interesting, to be blunt.

I will revise this when I log back in and review the parkour this evening!

EDIT: I have now looked at the parkour, and here are my thoughts! The parkour is a bit boring, and uses far too many vines. I think part of the reason why the parkour falls a bit flat is because of the build's shape. It's pretty much just a pole! There's not much else to say about it. I think that you do show signs that you can make interesting and unique parkour though. I'd love to see you make a more unique build in the future!

Please not that I am not a map judge, so I have no say whether you map gets accepted or rejected. I just like to give feedback on map submmissions to help improve the skills of those in the community! Good luck :)
thanks... i will not further imporve the build as i see little to no chance to get it accepted

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey BluePottwal,

I'm sorry to have to tell you that your map has been REJECTED. The theme is not very original as we have multiple tree-themed maps. And, although the "Palm-tree" theme hasn't been utilized before, there are multiple beach themed maps that feature this element. It just isn't a great theme. The build is not very good as it's just a single palm tree on a flat surface of sand. It lacks creativity, detail, and attractiveness. The PK does fit the easy difficulty in both length and difficulty, well done! I can also say that the PK was appropriately varied, proving itself to be rather enjoyable. I hope you take these criticisms into consideration on your future maps, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.