Randomly Killed While Exploring

Hey guys, figured I would post this here, first post! Yay!

I am completely new to the server and have been online for approx 20 minutes. I was randomly running around trying to find a decent spot, (/wild keeps putting me inside peoples bases, but that's a different topic) and I was randomly killed while moving in a boat. I had entered a locked claim because it was a waterway and didn't realize it fast enough because I was in a boat speeding along. It insta-killed me somehow.

Any ideas or is this a normal behavior for locked claims?
asdfasdf.png

4thForce

Forum Expert
ELITE
4thForce
4thForce
ELITE
Ratings
334 6
Hey there!

When a claim is locked (a party can unlock and lock it as they want), as soon as you enter that claim it sends you back to spawn with the message (___ is locked). Though I'm guessing since you said you were in a boat when you entered it something makes it so it kills you when you enter the claim. KeepInventory is on so that shouldn't really be an issue, so it doesn't really matter if you die.

As with it teleporting you back to spawn, a lot of people have complained about it, as there's no warning ahead of time and you're usually teleported back unexpectedly and there's no way to go back. People have made suggestions of how to change it but nothing has been implemented yet.

Hope this helps,
4thForce

Thank you for getting back to me so fast! It was very strange as I did lose all my items. It was only the starter set, so stone tools and some bread, not that much loss. Just would suck if it was a god set and etc. etc.