eleanorminer
eleanorminer
ELITE
Ratings
3 3
Swamp by eleanorminer
/plot v eleanorminer
150:16

Started around a year ago, Swamp is an abstract parkour map made by eleanorminer. Including inside and outside checkpoints, Swamp is a long, easy, and enjoyable insane.

ps: I started Swamp when I was in one of the toughest mental states I've ever been in. The map features special meanings and has a really deep connection to myself.

Thanks,
-ae <3

Attachments

sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
732 81

this is just my perspective of it judging solely on the build (bc i dont have enough knowledge to give pk feedback)

I think that the build itself doesn't match the idea of the theme, or atleast could've had a better execution. The inside of the cylinder is very cool and i like it, it gives it a together messy feel. That part definitely matches the theme, but the outside feels plain and doesn't pull you in.

eleanorminer

ELITE
eleanorminer
eleanorminer
ELITE
Ratings
3 3

this is just my perspective of it judging solely on the build (bc i dont have enough knowledge to give pk feedback)

I think that the build itself doesn't match the idea of the theme, or atleast could've had a better execution. The inside of the cylinder is very cool and i like it, it gives it a together messy feel. That part definitely matches the theme, but the outside feels plain and doesn't pull you in.
Thanks for your feedback.

I built Swamp before understanding the full concept of theming. I more found a theme I thought fit the build and stuck with it (same with the name.) Today I finished adding vines around the pipe which I think really pull the swampy-overgrown vibes together. If you're up for it, please check my plot out again and play the full parkour.

thx

sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
732 81
Thanks for your feedback.

I built Swamp before understanding the full concept of theming. I more found a theme I thought fit the build and stuck with it (same with the name.) Today I finished adding vines around the pipe which I think really pull the swampy-overgrown vibes together. If you're up for it, please check my plot out again and play the full parkour.

thx
it looks better but it still kinda just looks like a overgrown tree log

balls_12

Dedicated Member
ELITE
balls_12
balls_12
ELITE
Ratings
93 5
In my opinion the parkour is creative and is fun but I don't know if the build itself will get it accepted. It probably will, but I have no idea based on it being a cylinder with some extra detail on it.

Hayleyx

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Hayleyx
Hayleyx
Senior Mod
Ratings
484 21
Hello,

I shall be putting your map into ONGOING as I have tested and reviewed your map. Your map will now be discussed amongst other judges.

Please be patient as this may take some time. If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to start a conversation with me on the forums or message me on discord Hayley#1882.

Hayleyx

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Hayleyx
Hayleyx
Senior Mod
Ratings
484 21
Hello,

Unfortunately, we will be rejecting your map.
The theme is original, so good job on that!

The build itself has great detail and depth on the inside; however, the outside does not show off the "Swamp" theme well due to it being a cylinder. I'd suggest adding terrain alongside trees, etc, to add more details to the outside. This is the same for the top of your build.

Overall, the parkour was quite fun; however, there are too many changes to justify putting your map into reviewing unfortunately. There are also directional issues throughout the parkour. I will be messaging you a more in-depth message via discord as it is too long to put here.
I cannot take any credit for the writeup of your feedback. I appreciate the community judges for all of this feedback, they were all amazing during this discussion <3

This is a great start and we hope to see more maps from you in the future.
Have a wonderful day/night
-Hayley

Status
Not open for further replies.