VIP
JustWyren
JustWyren
VIP
Ratings
Username: JustWyren & skybased
Plot: JustWyren's plot #3
Name: TreasureCove
Difficulty: Medium ( 45 Jumps, 3 Checkpoints )

Other things: Thanks to skybased for building this map with me, and also I know there is already a map such as PirateTreasure but the way the map is built and the execution of it has nothing to do with the other maps. I had a lot of fun building it!

(PS: the map at the entrance of my 3rd plot is Watermill, TreasureCove is a bit to the left)

Screenshots:

2020-05-07_22.55.22.png

2020-05-07_22.55.27.png

2020-05-07_22.55.55.png

Oh, and a last thing: yes I took theses screenshots with a 1.14+ Textures Pack, I hope It's not disturbing or anything.
Thanks for reading! <3

Last edited:

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hey Wyren,
I can't log in at the moment, but I did want to make a note about the theme before I take a look at the parkour.
While I know that this build looks different and looks great among other maps, there still may be an issue with the theme. There's a pretty vast beach and tropical theme in this map that might be a problem, considering other oceanside/beach builds that are really great have been denied (such as Presidenten's Oasis map rest in pieces). I fear that this may be denied solely because of this being a similar case to that, which would be a shame. The build is lovely :)
I will edit this review with my critique of the parkour later on this evening!

EDIT: The parkour feels pretty good, there's a few places I feel there are too many barriers (specifically the floating part with the jungle slab neo). Personally I don't think it's too hard, but some might for a medium? But I'll leave that to the map judges :)

One note I do have is this checkpoint: here
I feel it could be placed better and more visible to the player as they come up the vine and continue the course. Remember checkpoints should be easy to see right away!

And now I can finish this review by of course saying that although I am a staff member, I am not a Map Judge, so I have no influence whether this map is accepted or not :) good luck to you both!

Last edited:

JustWyren

VIP
JustWyren
JustWyren
VIP
Ratings
Hey Wyren,
I can't log in at the moment, but I did want to make a note about the theme before I take a look at the parkour.
While I know that this build looks different and looks great among other maps, there still may be an issue with the theme. There's a pretty vast beach and tropical theme in this map that might be a problem, considering other oceanside/beach builds that are really great have been denied (such as Presidenten's Oasis map rest in pieces). I fear that this may be denied solely because of this being a similar case to that, which would be a shame. The build is lovely :)
I will edit this review with my critique of the parkour later on this evening!
Yes, I kind of new, about the theme being already taken by other maps, but I had some inspiration and tried to make it look like no other map with my Wyren style cliffs (lol) and the pirate buildings... I have some hope! Maybe I shouldn't...

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Hey there, before going ahead with your map submission review I'd like to inform you that I'm only giving you my personal opinion/feedback on your parkour map submission and my personal feedback will certainly not affect your parkour map submission in the slightest, I recommend that you take in my feedback to improve your submission if there are any flaws, you don't need to and you're free to ignore me but anyhow, before going ahead I'd like to mention that I'm a Moderator not a Map Judge so this is just my personal opinion and I am not accepting or denying your parkour map as this is only my personal opinion.

Theme/detail: For the theme, by far I haven't seen a theme like this before, I mean I've seen similar ones like beachside, etc and they've been denied before so I'm not certain how this one is gonna go as Quinny mentioned above but nonetheless it's very interesting in my opinion, with the detail you did an amazing job it looks incredible, you certainly put a lot of work into this parkour map, good job!

Parkour variety/difficulty: Amazing job on the parkour variety, you did a great job with that section, certainly had some interesting parkour jumps which in conclusion made the parkour jumps and the overall map more of a joy for me to try out a great job! For the difficulty, it certainly did meet the medium difficulty with the jump length and the parkour difficulty, good job! :)

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello JustWyren and skybased,

I am happy to inform you that your map is being accepted!
The theme is a bit unoriginal, as we already have a few maps with this similar theme (SkullCove, Castle.) However, this is a bit different than those maps, so good job on that!
The build is accurate to what you were going for, and there are quite a lot of details to be seen throughout! There is a lot of block variety featured and I can tell that you put a lot of effort into this!
The parkour is
varied throughout, which is great! The map is fun to play, and the difficulty of the jumps and length of the course both fit the medium difficulty quite nicely!

Thank you for submitting your map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.