Last edited:

JakeNoot

Dedicated Member
Mapper
JakeNoot
JakeNoot
Ratings
42 8
Hi, I'm going to be giving you a +/-1 on this map, and here's why. To start, let me just say I really liked the theme and concept of your map. I thought these two were executed very well when I was playing this map, and I enjoyed playing it. However, there is some things I would like to touch on that you could fix/modify to make your map better. The first thing I'd like to see fixed is an exploit I found within the map. To get to the exploit, go up the diorite ladder at -6168, 83, -979, and jump onto the barrier blocks. From there, you're able to skip a small portion of the map, missing a checkpoint and part of the story line. Other than this, I thought the parkour was lots of fun to complete, there was a variety of different jumps and they were all interesting to do. The second thing I'd like to see for this map is better design. I, personally, didn't like the design or execution of the map. For example, the large airplane at the end seemed kind of "fat" or abnormally shaped and all the planes are significantly different sizes. Small details like this can make a map look significantly better or worse, and change the overall aesthetic completely. The last thing I noticed about this map was the variety of different blocks you used as parkour blocks. Now, they did stand out from the rest of the block palette of the map, however I thought it would be good to use a block choice that relates to the map itself, rather than things like sponge blocks or nether quartz ore. Overall, I really liked the theme and concept of your map, however I believe it lacked needed effort and could have better design.

Cheers,
JakeNoot

Ratings
Hi, I'm going to be giving you a +/-1 on this map, and here's why. To start, let me just say I really liked the theme and concept of your map. I thought these two were executed very well when I was playing this map, and I enjoyed playing it. However, there is some things I would like to touch on that you could fix/modify to make your map better. The first thing I'd like to see fixed is an exploit I found within the map. To get to the exploit, go up the diorite ladder at -6168, 83, -979, and jump onto the barrier blocks. From there, you're able to skip a small portion of the map, missing a checkpoint and part of the story line. Other than this, I thought the parkour was lots of fun to complete, there was a variety of different jumps and they were all interesting to do. The second thing I'd like to see for this map is better design. I, personally, didn't like the design or execution of the map. For example, the large airplane at the end seemed kind of "fat" or abnormally shaped and all the planes are significantly different sizes. Small details like this can make a map look significantly better or worse, and change the overall aesthetic completely. The last thing I noticed about this map was the variety of different blocks you used as parkour blocks. Now, they did stand out from the rest of the block palette of the map, however I thought it would be good to use a block choice that relates to the map itself, rather than things like sponge blocks or nether quartz ore. Overall, I really liked the theme and concept of your map, however I believe it lacked needed effort and could have better design.

Cheers,
JakeNoot
Hi Jake,

Thank you for your feedback. I will fix the exploit in the coming days. In regards the airplanes being of different sizes this was intentional as it was meant to represent the different sizes and types of planes found flying around an airport. I understand your comments in regards the block choices, however this was done to have a variety as after looking at some that have been rejected it was found that it was because of a lack of variety.

Thanks

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
962 435
The theme is great but the build isn't attractive -1

Ratings
The theme is great but the build isn't attractive -1

Cheers,
JakeNoot
Please note this map has been changed since submission.. If possible could Jake Noot and King Noah Playz please have another look.

EPGaming

Dedicated Member
VIP
Ratings
If the map has changed, please change pictures!

EPGaming

Dedicated Member
VIP
Ratings
Good map, original idea and well executed. Nice jumps on hard difficulty, could've been made a little harder for my taste but that's just me. I'll give this an +1, good work Mitch!

Dark88

Dedicated Member
Ratings
29 18
+1 good map!

ThePKFish

Retired Mod+
ELITE
selfassured
selfassured
ELITE
Ratings
312 15
Hello Mitch,

I am sorry to inform you that this course is being rejected. I really like the idea you were going for, and the build does look like an airport. However, the build itself isn't too attractive. Next time maybe try to use more clay instead of wool. Clay looks better than wool if you use it right. Also, try to give the overall build a bit more depth next time. If you build another course that involves roads, try to make them more than 1 block to make it more attractive. Also the parkour isn't very fun or interesting to do. On your next course, try to make the parkour more varied. Add a variation in block type as well as jump type. Despite all of this, as I said before, I do really like the idea you were going for! :)

Thank you for submitting this course! I hope to see more from you in the future! :)
If you have any questions, you can PM me on here, in game, or on discord

-Ashley (ThePKFish, fishy1980)

Status
Not open for further replies.