Rejected Inside attempt 3 (insane)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaWomboss

Ratings
32 1
Imma say this.

Even "empty rooms" can be detailed, refering to the "Inside" theme, there are blank rooms where there is close to no decoration, which can be built in minecraft fairly well, the empty rooms are part of the theme.

Also why don't we start rating a bit more by the quality of the parkour instead of rating parkour by how well it is integrated into the build, whether you would have done X because if you do Y then you're not giving attention to this one side of the build?

I will also mention that there are different styles of building parkour, no one is going to say my maps are good because my pk style is extremly differnt to Kub's style. Same happens with this map, compact parkour, not to be confused with cramped parkour, is a different style. Sure it hasn't been used a lot in Manacube, but that doesn't mean it can't be done.

Note that I'm not saying the parkour built is good or bad, refering to quality of it, because I haven't played it.
Oh please do play it i'd love to hear your suggestions

jacobsfunparty

Forum Expert
ELITE
jacobsfunparty
jacobsfunparty
ELITE
Ratings
337 6
Hello,

I will be putting your map into ONGOING. Please be patient as I discuss your map with the map judging team. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to message me on discord jacobsfunparty#0486.

Thanks,
Jacob

carvhes

Dedicated Member
ELITE
carvhes
carvhes
ELITE
Ratings
78 3
I'm going to reply to this again since it's ongoing.

First, I think the parkour has gotten a bit better, but I still don't enjoy it very much (personally).

Looking at the build again, I've realized I was wrong. The build is very accurate to the game Inside and I commend you for how accurate you have made it.

My primary issue still is the 5 endings. It took me a WHOLE day to find out where the legit end is. I got confused at some points and there is a huge need for directional arrows. I've read through the comments and I know you said you like that (kinda), but I would highly recommend that you add those in so that we don't have people in chat asking where to go every time someone new plays the map. There are also places under the map that look weird. If you want me to let you know about them just lmk.

My BIGGEST issue, that isn't even a big thing, is the start platform. I think you need to look at the map from the view of where your start platform is, because it looks weird. I know this isn't something others mentioned, but I think this could be a big deal. I haven't checked it, but if the map goes over the height limit when pasted in beta (if accepted), then this could potentially make your map declined immediately. I would be happy to help you make a new platform, again just lmk. I also don't like how the platform teleports you into a rock. I would also change this, maybe add in armor stands and make it look cool. That's kind of my expertise so I'd be happy to help.

I will change my statement to say I would like to see this map accepted BUT only if some things were changed, so -0.5.

(Also, please take down the ugly lapis blocks, It is so ugly.)

DaWomboss

Ratings
32 1
I'm going to reply to this again since it's ongoing.

First, I think the parkour has gotten a bit better, but I still don't enjoy it very much (personally).

Looking at the build again, I've realized I was wrong. The build is very accurate to the game Inside and I commend you for how accurate you have made it.

My primary issue still is the 5 endings. It took me a WHOLE day to find out where the legit end is. I got confused at some points and there is a huge need for directional arrows. I've read through the comments and I know you said you like that (kinda), but I would highly recommend that you add those in so that we don't have people in chat asking where to go every time someone new plays the map. There are also places under the map that look weird. If you want me to let you know about them just lmk.

My BIGGEST issue, that isn't even a big thing, is the start platform. I think you need to look at the map from the view of where your start platform is, because it looks weird. I know this isn't something others mentioned, but I think this could be a big deal. I haven't checked it, but if the map goes over the height limit when pasted in beta (if accepted), then this could potentially make your map declined immediately. I would be happy to help you make a new platform, again just lmk. I also don't like how the platform teleports you into a rock. I would also change this, maybe add in armor stands and make it look cool. That's kind of my expertise so I'd be happy to help.

I will change my statement to say I would like to see this map accepted BUT only if some things were changed, so -0.5.

(Also, please take down the ugly lapis blocks, It is so ugly.)
Yea please tell me which underground parts you found weird. Can you also tell me which parts you got lost in so I can clear them up? The reason the start is in a rock is because in the game that's where the character seemingly emerges from, so i would keep it as it is, but im open to hearing your suggestions.

Dooble

Dedicated Member
QA Team
doobix
doobix
QA Team
Ratings
246 9
I haven't checked it, but if the map goes over the height limit
it does which is why the starting platform has to be where it is

jacobsfunparty

Forum Expert
ELITE
jacobsfunparty
jacobsfunparty
ELITE
Ratings
337 6
Hello,

Your map has been REJECTED

The theme is original so GG!

Build: the exterior needs improvement on the shaping. For the beginning section it would be recommended to use 6 sided wood so the dark parts are the only thing sticking out. A lot of interior parts need lighting. While the judges understand it’s part of the game to be dark, it needs to be translated correctly to be playable for Minecraft parkour.

the starting platform also just looks very lazy and could benefit from some improvement. i liked the old starting platform so if you could revert back to that and change up the thing before the tp block it could be cool

The last jungle area in the end still needs work. It lacks a lot of detail and refinement.

Parkour: the parkour still needs difficulty tweaks for a majority of the parkour. There are some precise jumps and also jumps with weird mm setups. Another issue was cp placement. the first two checkpoints especially were spaced out way too much

- The TNT section needs to be reworked and nerfed as it’s much harder than the other sections. In general, a lot of the jumps just need to become less precise in order to be accepted.

- The ending section chain is too precise and the last jump into a 45 is just super gimmicky and is just kinda scuffed.

- Another issue was the amount random signs on the map. it added nothing and ruined the vibe of the map.

Thank you for submitting a map. Good luck with future submissions. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to message me on discord jacobsfunparty#0486.

Thanks,
Jacob

Status
Not open for further replies.