A Beginner's Guide to WorldEdit by Duskful

Do you use WorldEdit on a regular basis?

• Yes

Votes: 23 76.7%
  • No

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters

Duskful

Ratings
Hello World! Welcome to a...

2016-07-08_14.29.33.png

So as of recently in creative I have seen the importance of taking advantage of WorldEdit and what it has to offer. WorldEdit can be used by anyone on the creative server, as you can buy WorldEdit time with gems you acquire from voting. However, there are just some things that the everyday-creative-passerby-er would not know how to do in order to fully understand Worldedit. With that in mind, here is my Beginner's guide to WorldEdit!

So first, we start with the absolute basics. To start using world edit type the command //wand. Upon typing this command, a wooden axe will enter your hot-bar. This wooden axe has two simple functions:

LEFT CLICK: Set position 1
RIGHT CLICK: Set position 2

WorldEdit works as an area tool. This means if you left-clicked the purple wool in this image and right-clicked the lime wool, the brick block would also be captured in that area.
2016-07-08_14.21.21.png

The command //set [ID] will turn the selected area into whatever block you choose. You may also fill an area with more the one block simply by using a comma and adding additional block ID's. For example: //Set Dirt,Stone,Grass or //Set 1,2,3 will randomly fill the selected area with Dirt, Stone, and Grass.

If you simply want to replace a certain block with another, use //replace [ID] [ID]. For example, //replace stone sand will replace all the stone you have selected with sand.

One of the most helpful pair of WorldEdit commands are //copy and //paste.

You can use //copy to "save" your selected area onto a clipboard that can be used with commands such as //paste.

When you type //copy you must keep in mind the position in which you are standing. In the image below, you'll notice the red wool and the blue wool are the same distance apart from the stone structure. When using //paste, it will paste your clipboard from the exact location in which you used //copy.
2016-07-08_14.48.23.png

Now, moving on to the commands //rotate and //flip.

Using //rotate [Degree] will "spin" whatever you have copied on your clipboard to the desired degree. Keep in mind the selected degree must be divisible by 90 (90-180-270 etc).
2016-07-08_15.02.36.png

In the image above, if I selected the iron blocks, typed //copy while standing on the red wool, and typed //rotate 90 followed by //paste, it would paste the iron blocks where the glass blocks are.

Lastly we have //Flip. This is the only command on this list that requires you to face a certain direction when typing it in order to obtain the desired outcome.
2016-07-08_15.16.11.png

In order to get the redstone blocks to the glass I would first have to select the two positions and type //copy while standing on the red wool. Then, after the redstone blocks are saved to my clipboard, I would simply look toward the cyan wool and type //flip. I must restate.. you must look toward the direction you want to flip towards in order for //flip to work properly.

Finally, If at anytime you want to undo a command such as //set or //paste, simply type //undo!
Accidentally type
//undo? No worries, just type //redo.

Here are some unique blocks you can obtain through WorldEdit:
2016-07-08_15.39.25.png

Let me know if this guide helped you, or if I should add anything!

Last edited:

Duskful

Ratings
Very informative for those players who don't know how to use Worldedit. Very nicely detailed and explained thoroughly. +1
I really appreciate it!

Soffix

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
53 1
Hello World! Welcome to a...

View attachment 5687

So as of recently in creative I have seen the importance of taking advantage of
WorldEdit and what it has to offer. WorldEdit can be used by anyone on the creative server, as you can buy WorldEdit time with gems you acquire from voting. However, there are just some things that the everyday-creative-passerby-er would not know how to do in order to fully understand Worldedit. With that in mind, here is my Beginner's guide to WorldEdit!

So first, we start with the absolute basics. To start using world edit type the command
//wand. Upon typing this command, a wooden axe will enter your hot-bar. This wooden axe has two simple functions:

LEFT CLICK: Set position 1
RIGHT CLICK: Set position 2

WorldEdit works as an area tool. This means if you left-clicked the purple wool in this image and right-clicked the lime wool, the brick block would also be captured in that area.
View attachment 5685
The command
//set [ID] will turn the selected area into whatever block you choose. You may also fill an area with more the one block simply by using a comma and adding additional block ID's. For example: //Set Dirt,Stone,Grass or //Set 1,2,3 will randomly fill the selected area with Dirt, Stone, and Grass.

If you simply want to replace a certain block with another, use //replace [ID] [ID]. For example, //replace stone sand will replace all the stone you have selected with sand.

One of the most helpful pair of WorldEdit commands are //copy and //paste.

You can use
//copy to "save" your selected area onto a clipboard that can be used with commands such as //paste.

When you type
//copy you must keep in mind the position in which you are standing. In the image below, you'll notice the red wool and the blue wool are the same distance apart from the stone structure. When using //paste, it will paste your clipboard from the exact location in which you used //copy. View attachment 5695

Now, moving on to the commands
//rotate and //flip.

Using
//rotate [Degree] will "spin" whatever you have copied on your clipboard to the desired degree. Keep in mind the selected degree must be divisible by 90 (90-180-270 etc).
View attachment 5699

In the image above, if I selected the iron blocks, typed
//copy while standing on the red wool, and typed //rotate 90 followed by //paste, it would paste the iron blocks where the glass blocks are.

Lastly we have
//Flip. This is the only command on this list that requires you to face a certain direction when typing it in order to obtain the desired outcome.
View attachment 5700

In order to get the redstone blocks to the glass I would first have to select the two positions and type
//copy while standing on the red wool. Then, after the redstone blocks are saved to my clipboard, I would simply look toward the cyan wool and type //flip. I must restate.. you must look toward the direction you want to flip towards in order for //flip to work properly.

Finally, If at anytime you want to undo a command such as
//set or //paste, simply type //undo!

Accidentally type //undo? No worries, just type //redo.

Here are some unique blocks you can obtain through
WorldEdit:
View attachment 5701

All of this can be found in game at /warp LearnWorldEdit

Let me know if this guide helped you, or if I should add anything!

I really learnt a lot ! it´s fantastic, good idea!

Tywone

Dedicated Member
Donator+
Tywone
Tywone
MVP
Ratings
346 11
This is a very helpful guide to help out players who are new to the WorldEdit plugin. This even taught me a few things I didn't even know.

This is very well done; it's easy to read and thorough. Looks like it took a lot of time and effort to complete.

+1 :)

Duskful

Ratings
This is a very helpful guide to help out players who are new to the WorldEdit plugin. This even taught me a few things I didn't even know.

This is very well done; it's easy to read and thorough. Looks like it took a lot of time and effort to complete.

+1 :)
Thank you so much for the feedback!
[DOUBLEPOST=1468054413][/DOUBLEPOST]
I really learnt a lot ! it´s fantastic, good idea!
I am glad, thanks for the read!

Wizful

Dedicated Member
VIP
Ratings
453 24
A really nice piece. Good work.

Last edited:
Ratings
This is great I learned a few tricks now thanks and thanks to another staff member who helped me out with the brush

Skapunk

Ratings
My commands are not working I can lay blocks only or replace blocks but cannot //move or copy and paste it says I lack the permission node, does anyone know why?

JelleSVHD

Dedicated Member
ELITE
JelleSVHD
JelleSVHD
ELITE
Ratings
My commands are not working I can lay blocks only or replace blocks but cannot //move or copy and paste it says I lack the permission node, does anyone know why?
Hey Skapunk,
you will need to buy acces with mana(ingame currency) or buy a rank to get more permissions

I hope this anwers your question.

Jelly

Skapunk

Ratings
Hey Skapunk,
you will need to buy acces with mana(ingame currency) or buy a rank to get more permissions

I hope this anwers your question.

Jelly
Thanks for the answer, I have got mvp rank I play on Oasis is that enough rank? otherwise where do I buy extra commands with mana?

JelleSVHD

Dedicated Member
ELITE
JelleSVHD
JelleSVHD
ELITE
Ratings
Thanks for the answer, I have got mvp rank I play on Oasis is that enough rank? otherwise where do I buy extra commands with mana?
Do you want to use World edit on Oasis?

Skapunk

Ratings
Do you want to use World edit on Oasis?
Oasis yes, when I bought it it included //move in the commands advertised but it wont let me do it. I do //move (number of blocks) (direction) and it just says "you dont have permission node"

JelleSVHD

Dedicated Member
ELITE
JelleSVHD
JelleSVHD
ELITE
Ratings
Oasis yes, when I bought it it included //move in the commands advertised but it wont let me do it. I do //move (number of blocks) (direction) and it just says "you dont have permission node"
Oh, If it says at /buy that you get acces to it but you cant use it /report it or make a ticket
:)