Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Funish/TheDroopyPickle
Map: Abandoned Prison
Plot: #1

Warp name: /plot visit Funish
Difficulty: Medium/Hard
Jumps: Around 80

Just a little description: This map is made to be an abandoned prison, as the title explains, we tried varying many different types of parkour and tried to fit in every single jump that both me and Funish struggle with. This map has easy sections along with very frustration jumps. We tried to add as much detail as an abandoned minecraft prison could have. We haven't seen many indoor maps, and thought that a prison could be a good candidate for one. We hope you enjoy our map. :)

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Hey there, unfortunately, this design isn't necessarily that unique, I've seen quite a lot of prison maps and most of them seem quite similar to yours even if your submission is an 'abandoned prison'. First thing I realized when I saw this map is that the outside of the map isn't very attractive, I would suggest adding some sort of decoration to hide the area a bad, possibly some rotting trees, overgrown bushes, etc. Speaking about the detail I would suggest adding some more detail to the prison interior as it looks quite bland with the mossy/normal brick combo every corner you take, add some depth into your build, some unique blocks and it will look much better in my opinion.

I logged onto parkour to give your map a try and from my perspective, your parkour jumps didn't really have much variety,
for example: add enchantment table jumps, possibly fence jumps, slime block jumps, soul sand jumps, etc.

Also when I reached the end I noticed that there's was basically just a big prison yard, barely any detail and honestly, I believe that you could have added something quite interesting in there, at the moment it's just a wide-open yard that looks very bland, I suggest adding some unique decorations to spice the place up, possibly some gym/training equipment, etc.

https://prnt.sc/s80w4i
Current bland prison yard ^

Best of luck on your map :)

Hey there TheProTroller, I appreciate the feedback, me and Funish will get to work on this to add much more detail and potentially change some jumps around to meet the variation standards required, however, I did want to ask what the chances are of a prison map getting accepted as you said you see many prison maps so I just wanted to check in and see what those odds are looking like.

Thanks, TheDroopyPickle :)

ThePKFish

Retired Mod+
ELITE
selfassured
selfassured
ELITE
Ratings
312 15
Hello,

This map is being rejected. The build could be improved. The outside is mostly unattractive on the oustide. The inside could also use more to make it look like a prison rather than just a mossy building. Besides that, the parkour could be less repetitive. It is mostly the same jumps in section throughout and could use more to make it less repetitive. The theme is also unoriginal. Overall, the build, parkour, and theme could be improved.

Thank you for submitting this map! :)
If you have any questions, you may DM me on here, in game, or on discord! :D

-Ashley (ThePKFish, fishy1980)

Status
Not open for further replies.